Where to buy the Ultrafire UF-H6? Any better alternatives to that light?

@ sapolan: That just makes me smile. My dad would not necessarily say anything either. But he'd be hard pressed to give it back :-)

Sometimes light, says more than 1000 words :slight_smile:

Might as well mention that some throw is priority as it will be used for horseback riding.
Is the H02 at all “throwy”?
The Nitecore seems not…

I would consider H02 not a throwy light.
Instead of reflector, it uses TIR lens, good for close up works, no hot spot at all.
However, there is this H02R version that uses normal reflector
(but I don’t know whether the discount coupon will work on this as well)

Cheaper option is Crelant CH10, can be had around $25 from AliExpress.
But this front heavy T-shape headlamp might not be the best for horseback riding.

I’ll throw in a recommendation to avoid the Ultrafire headlamps. My UF-H2b was very disappointing in output and came with stripped screws in the belt clip. I’d wager that my Galaxy S3 flashlight was brighter :frowning: Since made the move to a Armytek Tiara … much better!

Check out the Xtar H2, my second favorite headlamp behind the Nirecore HC50.

I’ve used my H6 more times than I can count, and I like it. I considered the Nitecore — good price right now, and definitely better looking — but I doubt it would have enough over the H6 to warrant having two 18650 headlights. I use this for snowthrowing, since it has a nice husky output.

I have an H2 that I’ve used to death and it keeps going strong; it’s good for moderate brightness need. It could serve the snowthrowing function, but not as well as the H6. I’ve had the internals of the tail switch unscrew on me a number of times, probably because it’s necessary to unscrew the tail a bit to prevent parasitic drain.

For finesse, I also have the Zebralight H502W. I’ve used that for fill lighting when working on motorcycles, for example. It’s not the primary light, but it banishes those nasty shadows that always crop up when using a trouble light. It’s easy to forget it’s even on. I know people have had switch problems with this light, but mine has held up just fine.

My experience with the H6 has also been very good. Zero reliability issues over 2 years or more. You can get it at http://www.ultrafire-shop.net for $38 delivered and their shipping has been faster than the average Chinese vendor.

I do wish they’d redesign the switch, as it is impossible to operate it wearing gloves, but it’ll never turn on accidentally… :wink:
edited to complete web address

Already have a quite front heavy bike light kind of lamp. Bobs up and down far too much.
Now I use an UF2100 EDC kind of light in a headband. Works ok from a flood/throw perspective so something similar but with the looks of the ones mentioned in this thread is what I need I think.

i use this in a holster on my waist when walking my dog on patrol and deployment. Holster will allow me to twist the light so it is horizontal and in line with my belt and if i need to move quickly less chance of it getting in the way.

It’s also good as a desk light set away from you… I have also on occasion attached it to the dog when he is off lead in the dark :wink:

I have a few ultrafire and hardly ever recommend them to friends…

reason being… I have sometimes purchased more than one of the same product and stripped it down only to find inconsistencies in both parts and qualities between items with the same order.

saying that I have had a few which have been ok, though I always swap out the batteries for others of better quality as I never trust their own :frowning:

could you post me the group buy link or pm me please i would be thankful to check it out before i miss out on it :slight_smile:

thanks in advance

Sorry i think i forgot to mention I work as a dog handler…… if i call for back up during patrol or deployment this can be a handy little light when on your hip or back pocket on strobe…. it easily shows my support team where I am at a distance, though I have been looking for a way of attaching a red, blue, green or amber filter to the light - any ideas?

How about using RGBW emitter, instead of filter?

SKILHUNT H02C

Hi, I own 2 ultrafire h2 or h2bs, and I like them both. I like their floody beam for doing work in crawlspaces, camping etc. I always used them about 40% brightness. I want to get a 18650 light for better runtime.

I was looking at the ultrafire h3 or h3b, or ultrafire h6 which all seem to be 18650 lights. What would you guys recommend? Since this thread is 2 years old, i thought someone might have up to date info on a good 18650 flood headlight for my uses.

Also, gonna get the nitecore d2 and lg 18650he2 batteries off amazon since they are high rewiewed. Better choice?

The Ultrafires are no good. Unreliable and bad tint. Go with a Skilhunt H02r in NW. There are deals around for it so don’t pay full price.

Hi bob13bob, welcome to BLF!

There are a lot better options available now than that (outdated) ultrafire h3. I recommend the Skilhunt H03 or the Nitecore HC30. There are some great discount deals on both of these going on right now.

For strictly floody beam the Skilhunt H03
For all around use the Nitecore HC30 or Skilhunt H03R

I have the predecessor to Skilhunt H03 (H02) it was great but it died after using it daily for about a year (dropped it too many times I guess)

Skilhunt H03 reviews:

Coupon deal:

I now have a Nitecore HC30 It’s a great light and a very compact size, but because it has a reflector it’s less floody than H02 was, (the H02/H03 has a TIR optic with diffuser) I use the Nitecore as a flashlight mostly (not in the headband) so I like the throw I get out of it. It has enough flood for my purposes, and the better throw is a plus for camping when I need to see out farther.

Nitecore HC30 review:

Coupon deal:

Both the Skilhunt and the Nitecore are available in Neutral tint, which is what I prefer, pure white light instead of the bluish hue of cool white tints, plus the color rendition is way better, especially outdoors. If you haven’t tried a neutral tint you may want to look into it.

Also the Skilhunt has a magnetic tail which is quite useful (removable magnet if you don’t want it) The Nitecore has no magnet but I added one to mine. There is also a reflector version of the Skilhunt (H03R)

extremely helpful.

in the review i see there is h03f model which is the same has h03R with a swivel diffuser. the reviewer had a big issue with the swing diffuser durability which doesn’t inspire confidence for me. but even in the 03F with diffuser on is a medium flood, similar as the 03 vanilla model according to the review. That is fine for me i’m down with a flood only.

I’d get the H03

Yea I’d stay away from the F model with the hinged diffuser lens, when I first saw it I thought it was a good idea but then I too thought about it breaking at the hinge.

I may eventually get the H03 myself for close up work, but my Nitecore is working out pretty good, it has 5 brightness levels.

I’m also trying to save up for this: H10 Headlamp|AceBeam® Official Store | Flashlights, Tactical Lights

lightmall has the h03 neutral for $47 shipped. any know better price?