Which budget light has the most WOW factor?

—Updated list, need help deciding, thanks. 12-30-13. Please pardon my ignorance, but, which one of these have a bigger wow factor to a non-flashoholic. Basically I’m trying to figure out what light will wow folks the most around $35 or so without modding. Let’s just assume they are all good quality and running stock, no modding. It doesnt’ matter to me about flood or throw. I’m interested in the most WOW and reliability!

1. HD2010
2. Small Sun ZY-T08 (purchased)
3. Trustfire J18
4. Fandyfire Warrior
5. Supfire M6
6. XinTD X3
7. Sky Ray STL-V2
8. Yezl Y3

I can’t decide, help. I decided against the SRK, because of quality issues and the advice on how hot it gets, but my list has grown, which one of these are most reliable and the greatest WOW factor?

Skyray Kung M4

Outside long range? … A good HD2010.

Inside close to medium range? Sky Ray.

+1

The Kung but this light is a lot nicer and has about the same wow factor. It’s the warrior and the cool thing about it is that it’s not just two modes it has a dimming switch. It’s also a little more comfortable to carry and doesn’t get burning hot as fast as the kung. You can also find a coupon around for an additional 11% off someplace around here.

There is also a 6x king that with a couple of very simple mods blows them both away.

Defnitely the SRK Kung M4. the one i have just drops the jaws of everyone who sees the light it puts out.

Kung

Really WOW?
Hmm, that would be my Balder HD-1 on 3.7 V 14500 LiION.
Roughly the size of my middle finger but if you switch it on inside a room, everybody goes… :open_mouth:

If i like to show off something “bigger”, it’s the XinTD X3 loaded with a potent LiION on turbo. :wink:

… just when I was ready to order the FandyFire Warrior…

Just wanted to post about the XinTD X3 in your thread! :wink:
The Warrior has more features, but i don’t like cool white tints anymore.
Also the build quality of the XinTD is outstanding. Meanwhile you can get it in 5B tint.
If i wouldn’t have it already in the 3b tint, i would order instantly.

First post nails it.

The 2010HD is awesome, but there’s something about opening the Kung and showing the non-flashlight people the batteries. Explain to them two more, and you’re running a ThinkPad for six hours. Put’s things in perspective when they see the output.

Skyray Kung M4 for sure

For sheer output? The Kung! (or a good King). Lots of lumens for the dollar in a usable (for me) form factor.

For lighting up stuff at a distance? HD2010! (also take a look at the Small Sun ZY-T08).

Where is the best place to buy the Kung?

Want a good example of the Kung.

+1…i have also noticed:light that has more throw has more WOW factor when comparing outside…

Does a HD2010 throw better than a XinTD X3?

The most powerful Kungs seem to be found from Ebay seller “brotherhuang1983” i got mine from him and its a monster.

I have had good success with the Tmart black HD2010, not so much with the King/Kung dung stuff because the quality is sketchy. The Kung like lights get a wow factor yes, but if your going to use the light keep in mind if its driven well and its a bright one, they get HOT very fast. So hot you can’t hold on to them for long, so with mine I find the high mode is only good for short periods. It will light up a big back yard. Also note that the lights use FOUR 18650 batteries, so if you use good quality batteries the HOT sucker takes up 4 batteries that could power 4 HD2010s or other single cell lights. My last $30 King had a driver fail after fairly light use, all my other budget lights still work too. So, I would buy only the best reviewed versions and not go cheap on a Kung.

The HD2010 throws well and still has a good fill, its not just a long range thrower. More of a decent thrower with useable spill for walking around. So far, the my HD2010 has been durable and I use it often as a work light. Plenty of throw for my hunting needs too. Good quality batteries are key, my brand name protected 18650’s perform much better than the 26650 flames. I learned to avoid the flames and fires and other crap batteries that vary in quality so much.

Or is there any other flashlights (budget) which have greater wow-factor then the kung? Fairly driven, multi led and multi cell?

The Trustfire J-18 is one heck of a light for a budget light and if you really want the wow factor drop in this driver. It fits right in and you don’t have to change anything else to have a light with two times the lumens as the kung.

http://www.lightmalls.com/7xcree-xm-l-t6-u2-ssc-p7-s2-led-series-with-6v-low-voltage-protection-for-double-lithium-battery-led-circuit-board

The J-18 by itself has more wow factor but with this driver you will be amazed at how bright it is. Just don’t leave it on high for long periods of time.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC-Trustfire-TR-J18-Flashlight-5-Mode-8500-Lumens-7-X-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED/874190938.html

This is not super cheap but I can’t think of anything else that comes close for the money when it comes to WOW and that anyone can put together.