Which budget light has the most WOW factor?

Updated my first post, please read and give input, thanks.

J18 probably, but that will run you about $70. Not really in the same cost level as the others.

Next up would still depend on how you’re using it.

Outside you’ll want a thrower (HD 2010 / T08) , inside/within 50 yards you’ll want a multi-emitter lumen-lobber (M6/SRK).

J18 is $43 at aliexpress. Im just looking for wow factor seriously, but I enjoy a outdoors wow vs a indoor wow i reckon, lol. Seriously, its main use will be for entertainment. I just want a good reliable light out of the box which makes nonflashaholics go wow! I have way too many lights for various use, this one I want for wow that thing is amazing, entertainment.

Inside vs outside presentation makes a huge difference. Recently had an Xmas party, people picked up my BTU Shocker (Great big, massive triple emitter flashlight) turned it on and went “WOW!” then they picked up the tiny form factor little triple emitter SRK and compared them side by side and said something along the lines of “why is this little one almost as bright as the giant one.” So we go outside and I point the SRK at the white barn about 100 yards away and it puts a little bit of light on the barn. Then I switch the BTU to turbo and melt the barn down. :bigsmile:

Lol, that’s what Im looking for :). It appears I can get the J18 for $38, from seller TomTop which is where I bought my SK68 lights, they are good quality. So hopefully I won’t be buying a fake. Which thrower would you recommend, hd2010 or small sun?

Wow for $38… free shipping? Hmm. If so, I believe that is a great price on a J18.

Stock HD2010. If you happen to get the good driver you’re looking at significantly better wow factor than the small sun. If you get a weaker driver it’s pretty similar performance wise and would come down to looks (I personally love the HD2010’s aesthetics).

Yeah that’s a great J18 price, and massive amount of light, blows the others away here that were discussed. Only con is its big and without distance projection.

If you prefer smaller previous lights, Warrior is always a much better “wow factor” light than Kung for me: when I am using my Warrior and people are around I’ll frequently get people asking me what kind of light and where do you get it. When I use my Kung I will still get people to ask sometimes, but once they see it they will usually not ask where to get it…small but very significant difference. And a second point: when offering to let a friend use a Kung on hikes the response is “no thanks, too big to carry”. Warrior gets used :slight_smile: Of course I have the XML2 Warrior too, there is a difference.

If you like Kung, I’d advise caution and that it better not be a gift or time-sensitive with BrotherHuang, some people got good Kungs, some (like me) got junkie ones that the driver falls out of and are scratched up, he does offer replacements, but then the replacement light never comes and you have to ask for a refund…and I wasn’t the only one with the exact same absent replacement for bad first light issue. He’s very inconsistent. But I did get my money back instead. So he seems honest to a point…maybe some inconsistent employees?

Love my kung from brotherhuang1983. Only problem it took over a month to receive.

I know its double the price, but is it double the wow?

Wow is an exponential thing. To get a little more wow, you usually need to spend a LOT more money. :(

But not always. :)

Hmmm

Well I think I would go with, yes. It has the ~3000 lumens stock, but also has a very nice throw. Not the best of both worlds, but very nice for the price.

Well I can’t decide after a ungodly amount of reading reviews and such so I have added them all to my wishlist. I decided to go ahead and buy whichever one I could find for the best price, which is the Small Sun ZY-T08 ($21 shipped). Is there any reason I shouldn’t order this from wallbuys? Is their customer service ok if I have a problem with it? Thanks for any help!

A few dollars more but you will have it in your hand in a few days.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=158

Also you can choose to have him mod it into a true beastly thrower.

That’s what BLF is here for! :slight_smile:

As I mentioned way back when Don and I were the only two active users on the forum, I can still impress most people with a $1.50 BLF DeLight. For everything else, there’s a Skyray King. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002537/1188301-small-sun-zy-t08-cree-xm-l-t6-635lm-5-mode-white-l

Little more, but can use BLF discount code for 5%

Do they ship internationally without ridiculous shipping cost or just within the USA?

You would have to PM him about international orders and shipping costs. MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Yes, I bought some Li-Ions from him and international shipping was quite reasonable.

The Xintd X3 has some issues with its anodization I discovered. It looks great, but it gets damaged pretty easily. I put mine in a bag with 2 other lights (no protection) and after taking them out of the bag, the xintd got some clear blemishes on different parts of the light...

So if someone is thinking about buying the Xintd X3, just keep in mind that it's anodization isn't really strong!!!!!

Btw. Mine came from banggood.