Which C8 to get and Where?

XML version for $12.99 at DD.

Since you are in America, don’t spend $15.26 = $.94 shipping from China, when you can get this for $12.95 free shipping from NJ.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320967356437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have used these guys in the past and they ship very fast and will back up any problems with Mdse.

don’t skimp…get the xintd…I got one for a co-worker and he loves it…

Thx muto for that link that is nice deal

It did state though that
The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects.

This is a very nice one— http://www.lightmalls.com/ultrafire-c8-cree-xm-l-u2-1300-lumen-5-modes-led-flashlight-1x18650 — I’ve tested it at 3.5amps at the tailcap, 823otf at 30sec, and a throw of 33,600 @ 1M.

How ironic! I just ordered that light yesterday! Thanks for the info rdrfronty!!

I don’t have a C8, but from what I’ve seen in beamshots they have a really nice beam with a good distribution of flood and throw which is useful for bushwalking, hiking, fishing. Anything over 40k cd starts to become less useful for close work purposes due to the less bright spill and the intense hotspot which tends to kill night vision.

Yeah +1, this is a great light, mine pulls around 3A with a fresh Trustfire Flames, and since it is a U2 binned XM-L and not a T6, it should be brighter than the KD C8 and on par with the XinTd C8. Check out my review here

Also check out the Ultrafire C12 XM-L T6, also from lightmalls. It is pretty much a C8, but with a thicker and wider pill and better heat sinking. I have also reviewed that, here

Can you clarify what you mean by the last comment at that link? “The C12 is driven a bit better, and it seems brighter too. Yeah it is pretty strange, maybe it is because the colour tint of the C8 is NW and the tint of the C12 is slightly cooler.”

The c8 is “NW”???, and the C12 is also described as “neutral” in the review? O rly?

After reading chriszhou’s review and hearing all this great feedback I think the lightmalls beauty is my next light. Absolutely great feedback from all and very informative, much appreciated.

I got the U2 C8 light from LightMalls after reading rdrfronty and chriszhou's reviews. You won't be dissapointed. With a good, fresh Pana 2900 or 3100 unprotected battery (KumaBear is selling these at a great price), I'm getting 4+ amps. It's got amazing light output. Not a pure thrower like the HD2010, but can throw very well. I think mine puts more light out than a HD2010, but the HD2010 has a better focused beam of course (the HD2010 is a bigger light).

I would love to see a SS bezel on this light - would gladly pay $10 more. Also, the website listing says 3000 mA regulated, which is total BS. I measured 4.5A on a current loop hooked up to a high-end scope with a fresh Pana 3100 unprotected. I was thinking of a driver swap (KD V2), but why force it down to 3 Amps?

Can you clarify what you mean by the last comment at that link? “The C12 is driven a bit better, and it seems brighter too. Yeah it is pretty strange, maybe it is because the colour tint of the C8 is NW and the tint of the C12 is slightly cooler.”

The c8 is “NW”???, and the C12 is also described as “neutral” in the review? O rly?

Cpt. Zhou,

I agree - I'm confused because a U2 is only available in cool white tints only (1A, 1B definite, 1C maybe?). If the C8 is truly a U2, it should be brighter than a T6, and the T6 ranges from cool white to neutral white. It could be the U2 is a 1C and the T6 is a 1A - I believe those are possible.

For some reason, the U2 seems to be a warmer white than the T6. The C8 puts out a visibly warmer white spot and flood when compared to the C12. That is indeed rather odd, maybe the C8 does not utilize a true XM-L U2?

The fact that the Ultrafire C8 U2 is not as bright might be because it is better heatsinked, allowing for more efficiency, and the C12 does pull more at the tail, but apart from that, I have close to no clue why the C12 is slightly brighter.

So I gave my C8 away to my dad. Are they worth buying the long throw ones with the longer head? Also U2 vs. T6, it is worth buying I know they are being sold for 16.50 from ebay to manafont.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/xintd-c8-v3-xml-u2-910lumens-flashlight-p-308.html

The correct answer has been stated again and again ..

Buy it or don't buy it ..believe it or not it's the one to buy

that's the reason you came and asked the question ...the answer is simple ...Spend the extra 2$ and get the neutral white tint too .

people who are suggesting this light have owned multiple C-8s

You can learn from thier experiance or later come to your own opinion after experience..it's up to you

in this case the local wisdom is to spend the extra money here

Lets start at the Xintd and work backwards ..

-8$--Do you like a crappy purple or green tint ??

-5$ --Do you like poorly spaced modes and pwm so bad you want to vomit ?

-4$--Do you like failed tailcaps that can't handle heat or the amps a high powered light draws .

-3--Do you want your output to sag like 90 yearold womans busom and have your 800 lumen output drop to 550 in a matter of minutes because there's no worthwhile pill for heatsinking ?

-3 --Do you like flashlights that look like a child painted them with a paint can ?

-2--Do you like buying cheap knurled ,and bad thread lights made from cheper aluminum ?

-4--Do you aleays try to buy plastic reflectors that aren't optimized for the light or glass that isn't uv coated and cuts down about 12% of total output ??

Lets do the math ..

So the xinTD is 29.95 -29$ = .95 cents or 2.95 for a neutral

or you can buy a crappy C-8 and try to fix it ..

Starting cost is 12$

+5$--a decent pill

+8$--an emitter with a decent tint

+5 --a good driver

+2--tailclicky that will take the heat (just the guts)

+4---reflector glass

+1300-- A lathe .lessons on how to anodize metals ,cut knurling , factory rental ,milling machine,machinist <employees

Final cost about 1400$ to properly fix a lame Ebay C-8

total savings approx. $1370.00

Buy the XinTD

:P

Ok! I get your point. very strong argument for purchasing the Xintd. thanks for your feedback. Believe or not it does mean alot to a new guy like me to hear.

Quite a few of us bought the LightMalls C8 U2 - recommended to friends who bought them - no probs, just praise. Xintd and Intl-Outdoor is a safer bet I'm sure, but for double the price.

C8 U2 here

Xin TD V3

Buy it .