Which Convoy light should I get?

I don’t own a Convoy brand light yet but I hear they are good. Looking for a small and slim 1x18650 that is good quality and priced well.

I want a warmer tint, simple UI with the fewest modes possible. I would prefer a forward clicky and a good pocket clip. Most throw out of a head that is no larger than the body so it’s easier to pocket carry. No C-8 type lights for me.

I like the looks of the red S2 and the price but I know nothing about the line so tell me which one is the closest to what I want. Doesn’t have to Convoy if there is something better.

Also, if I get the S2, which pocket clip should I order? Where is the best place to order the light and clip from? Ships from the U.S. Is a plus.

Is that enough questions?

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/

Buy this light .

And this clip .

You're welcome .

+1 to above. I love my S2, I carry it with me wherever I go :slight_smile:

Do you guys like the S2 over the S6? I was about to pull the trigger on building a triple S6

Maybe one of the S2+ with a XM-L2 led & an AMC7135*6 (2100ma)
probably same light output as a XM-L with AMC7135*8 driver but better run time ???

I have two of the exact flashlights I mentioned . ( Boaz initially encouraged me to try this light as he knows what I prefer as far as tint , beam profile , and portability )

All of the S series have the same size reflectors ( Except the S2+ and S3 ) and the beam has a nice smooth transition between spot and spill . They are not particularly throwy , actually floody , but for short to medium distances they have an excellent beam profile .The S2+ and S3 lights have a shallower reflector and are therefore floodier .

I replaced the stock two mode group driver in one of my lights with a 3.04 amp Qlite and wound up regretting the change . The Qlite driver had a lower low and medium and a higher high , but since I use my lights on medium most of the time , I preferred the slightly higher medium of the stock driver .

The 5C tint is pleasantly warm without being overly so . It reminds me of a slightly over-driven incan .

Before I had an S2 , my favorite EDC light was the Xiaozhi . But the body tube of the light was too narrow for the Panasonic B batteries I prefer .

If there was one light I wish everyone on the forum would try , it would be a Convoy S2 .

Hey Speedsix, I asked pretty much the same question and got some good answers in this thread:

I ended up going with the S2, dedomed xml-2, smooth reflector, qlite driver *12 7135, AR lens, and clip all purchased from MTN. Right now it is my absolute favorite light. It’s not my best thrower, but when you turn it on high you won’t believe the amount of flood and throw from such a small thing. Very impressive. I would recommend the smooth reflector with this as it does seem to give it more throw along with the dedomed emitter. It does get hot on high, but for extended periods of time medium is perfect.

If you’re not in a big hurry, this… https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/31076
569 BLF members already in (and counting)

Pretty sure it takes the same clip Jack referenced above

I also am liking that red S2 with the stainless steel switch!

CONVOYS SHIP FROM USA:
Convoy S2+ Neutral White 5B… convoy-s2-925lm-2-group-3-5-mode-white-led-flashlight-w-cree-xm-l2-t5-5b
Convoy S6 Neutral White 5B… ” convoy-s6-925lm-2-group-3-5-mode-white-led-flashlight-w-cree-xm-l2-t5-5b”:MEGAJUDI303 : Slot88 Slot Online Gacor Maxwin Pulsa Tanpa Potongan

I like the looks of the S6 full length knurling, but I’m leaning toward the S3 because I like the stainless steel bezel, plus it’s a bit shorter and for me more floody is good.
I’ll probably order mine from here (Simon): http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Convoy-s3-18650-edc-small-hard-oxygen-t6-u2-strong-light-flashlight/330416_826041434.html (choose your modes, LED, and driver current)

I’ve never had any problems using the aliexpress payment system but you can PM or email him to use paypal instead, choose epacket shipping for a few extra bucks (much faster) and if you ask him he might throw in the upgrades and a clip for free. I’m awaiting the titanium grey color version to arrive.

The S3 can use the same clip as above or make a contact shim to use a Solarforce clip.

Convoy or Eagle Eye? : https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32658

Not sure if you would like the UI or the switch, but here’s another alternative that meets most of your requirements: “small and slim 1×18650 that is good quality and priced well and a good pocket clip” http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_169257.html

The red s2+ for $13 is hard to beat with nice 4300k tint. Just not in US. [NO COMMENTS OR DISCUSSIONS HERE!] The BLF Deal Alert Thread
The convoy clip is ok for pant pocket, but definitely weak grip for a shirt pocket or any thin material.
Convoy Taschenlampe Clip Für S2 S3 S4 S5 S6 M1 M2 C8 Taschenlampe Sale - Banggood Deutschland Mobile-arrival notice
But, I think the S8 for $18 is really what you want. Includes clip. Has more spot, not full food like s2+. Select the 4C tint, apply code BLF at checkout.
http://www.banggood.com/Convoy-S8-XML2-AK47-71358-Mini-LED-Flashlight-p-908421.html

I bought that light and that clip.
Thank you.

Love the tint.

I also ordered a red S2+ from Banggood but I didn’t get it just yet.

That red S2+ with a lanyard is so hard to beat with that nice tint, I am having a hard time not buying another one, even though there is no way I could use it…

These convoy lights seem pretty nice. I’m slowly becoming a tint snob I hate to say.

It started with having a neutral tint Spark SD6 headlamp. I use it much more than my cool white Armytek Wizard Pro Wide. The Armytek is a great headlamp but I made the silly mistake of going for max lumens instead of the neutral tint. I use it but not like I would if it were a nice tint.

I’m now at the point where I have enough lights that I can be very choosy as far as tint goes. I won’t buy anything unless it’s at least a neutral white.

I was going through all my lights today and comparing them to the Convoy S2 I just bought. I have to say the Convoy has the nicest tint of them all. Most of my lights are cool white because I bought the before I became a tint snob.

Now, I’m not happy with the cold white, green, blue and purple tints of my lights.

Yup I hear you, same thing happened to me, especially after I got my first 4C I loved it and was hooked, ordered a 7C, then 5A1, my unknown Chinese warm bins resulting from: “Please if you have anything warmer than 7C send that”, then 5B1, 7D4, 7A3, 7A3 dedomed…all very, very nice: “sunset in the forest” feel :slight_smile:

Sorry for the whole post quote but I am in exactly the same situation as you except I do not have Armytek. I am really slowly to dislike cool white. I like it indoor but the ‘cold’ tint really makes you feel colder in winter when using it :stuck_out_tongue:

When I first joined the forum , tint and beam profile were discussed as frequently as sheer output .

These days , it seems that more members are after brightness at all costs .

I'm glad that you are enjoying your first Convoy .

I love Convoy flashlights. My only complaint about them is they stopped making the L2. |(