Which flashlight is your dreaming one?

When is someone going to call a scam a scam and stop this nonsense :)

It looks like most of the free $8 lights that people got didn't work. Now there are 80 people or so on here who spent $17 because it was such a deal rather than $32 waiting for their lights that aren't going to work.

There's not one honest review or spec sheet for any product on this site. The tail switch type for one was "III annodized" and the emitter tint on one was "white mode". Every light can be used for diving!

The reviews are stolen from other sites and don't even match the products and the pictures are from other sites.

People are waiting for the next deal who weren't able to get in on the last deal.WTF!

I've done my bit........pointed people to the 'Rating Dino Direct' (Avoid) thread, and mentioned the >300,000 Google results for "Dino Direct Scam" search....(I believe that the old "There's one born every minute" line is a serious underestimate).

Semur needs to start posting these things in the right forum so we don't end up with bullshit like this.

I've also seen a lot of accusations of "scams" but not a single person who's actually been scammed. This rather reminds of variety deals sites where someone would find some price mistake somewhere, and the following 50 pages of post is just about how life's so unfair that it's not honored and they they're going to sue and just about every type of whine on the menu. I suppose if folks were going onto these types of chinese sites wide-eyed and naive, perhaps they should prepare for disappointment, but if they're just perpetually stuck in that way even after reading a few threads, it seems that this side of this hobby is just not for them.

Apparently. There is no excuse for dealing with this site once you check out a few product ads and you see that they are all scams. I'm not fan of DX but I've used them. They are annoying and a product fails every now and then but their pictures and reviews are real and even though their product descriptions are inaccurate in small ways these at DinoDirect are just totally made up.

+1,+1 and +1 to the above. It’s just a liitle fun. The site is so full of material you just can’t help poking a little fun. I can’t anyhow.

I think everyone on this board has plenty of experience with the DX type of sites. No one is wide-eyed and naive. As far as I can tell Semur is working this site from the outside and as far as I can tell you are the only one standing up for them from the inside.

The owner of this site has put an AVOID label over their name. What other site that we all go to (Chinese sites) manufactures reviews, lifts pictures from elsewhere and mislabels every light. DX doesn't do that.

Every light on here is suitable for "diving". The reviews aren't even about the product that they are found under. Did anyone receive a "free" light that worked?

Mate..."This type of Chinese site" is wilfully dishonest. If you'd actually read the reviews here and on many other forums you'd recognise a pattern.

1, Offers of 'special deals' for forum members.

2, Faulty or inferior goods delivered, or short numbers for multiple items.

3, Excuses that 'We are not experts', or it's an 'honest mistake'.

4, Offers of minor credits on next orders to rectify situation.(Usually less than 30% of original cost)

5, Endless Paypal disputes, arguments. etc.

No, the very fact that some people continue to be confused about how these vendors operate at a basic level demonstrates that they don't understand what's going on at all. I've very consistently posted numerous times in the past about similar issues which you may research for yourself using the search function if you had the interest to substantiate your statements.

All I see is a classic dogpile of someone who perhaps doesn't have the best command of the english language because it's easy when the target can't reply on equal footing. It happens all the time on the internet if not real life. A notable example would be how CPF treats budget lights and the often intl members who buy them.

If that's how some folks like to carry themselves, that's their prerogative, but do note it's their own character at stake. If DD or anyone else did indeed "scam" a member out of their hard earned cash, please present the evidence in the relevant thread and all members here can judge it to be the case. I do decided recall quite a few instances of poor CS in the DX and KD threads and fluxuating fortunes of those who choose to buy from that category of stores.

As for DX mislabeling lights, it's actually quite difficult to find one they sell which has accurate specs. I see "digital regulation 2.8A" on every XML model, and their filtering of reviews is widely known. It would seem that DD like to embellish the bare specs with their own creative interpretation of what the product is capable of, but if you insist that you're so easily confused by the rather transparent additions then perhaps you're not quite suited to be an analyst on this subject.

Yes, I think all of us who've dealt with this category of vendors a few times are aware of the limitations. I've only noted, just as I've done in the past, that those who choose to do business with them should follow the doctrine of caveat emptor. I've also criticized far more than you their business model should they deal with intl and esp western customers. In the same vein, I've already mentioned to Semur that posting on an intl. site comes with different expectations about following rules about separating commerce from hobby.

As for "honest mistake", wth do people really expect? Do people really think these vendor aren't aware that PP almost always sides with the buyer and quite willingly allows real scams in the other direction to happen? Ie, buying some likely crap $10 light ($5+ of which is shipping cost) and wasting everyone's time with disputes. Why the hell would they knowingly send a broken product with full knowledge of this? The systematic problems this causes are exactly why I don't think selling crap to make a few cents is worth it on their part, but at the same time the consequences of trying to save a few cents knowing the above is responsibility of the buyer.

The distinction in the case of DinoDirect is simply that they are dishonest as a part of their business policy.

DX (just to use them as an example) is selling the same crap (to a degree) but they are not dishonest as part of their business plan. They have public forums and you can say most anything. Their photos are real and are taken by them. The reviews are real. I know I've written quite a few including some negative ones.

It takes a different mindset to set up a site and post reviews from customers and even list their names and the "Dino reward points" that they got when they are not real customers. The reviews don't even match the product.

Also, DX with rare exception doesn't sell fake items. All of the items are Western knock-offs but they don't sell fake Ultrafire. They were notified a few years ago that some of the Tiablo's that they were selling were not real and they stopped selling Tiablo's all together.

The QC at the companies that sell to DX is no better than at KD or anywhere else but the 'management" at DX doesn't as a policy sell fake items and write fake reviews and that is a different mindset. DinoDirect is not a company that we (members of BLF) should be in bed with. They are not just like DX,KD, Manafont.

It's just making disingenuous excuses to suggest that all of us must be "naive" or not good analysts if we think there is anything wrong with DinoDirect.

DinoDirect doesn't seem to be selling the same "stuff" as the rest. You may (or may not) find that out when the 80 or so members in the group buy get their "Ultrafire" headlamps. I hope the product is good for BLF members sake but virtually none of the free lights appear to be working.

If it weren't for the fake reviews and lifted pictures I'd give them more of a break at least for a while. As it is it's just obvious that no one here should be supporting DD and having them sucking our members in. Semur is trying to get another "special offer" going before the Ultrafire lights have even arrived.

What if none of those work and none of the free lights work and perhaps the $45 light she was trying to get us interested in today wouldn't work either. How much money would be lost by our members before everyone wised up?

People are begging to be included when they missed the deadline. No one is being critical and some are egging them on. This is not DX. DX isn't on here offering free gifts for one thing. Why is that?

You have reviews where a guy is saying that he bought several of the lights for camping and gave a few away as gifts to friends and that this light is as good as the more expensive ones...and then when you look at the product it is a light listed at $250. The pictures even say if there are some minor discrepancies in the photos just ignore them! That's because it's not even their photos.

The emperor has no clothes. Get real.

Let me speak to my manager and I will get a discount price for you. That is a really nice magic carpet. To offer this discount price I will need 70 other members to order too. I will get back to you with the details on how it will work.

DX (just to use them as an example) selling the same crap (to a degree) but they are not dishonest as part of their business plan. They have public forums and you can say most anything. Their photos are real and are taken my them. The reviews are real. I know I've written quite a few including some negative ones.

I seem to remember a time when they were quite selective with the reviews they choose to post, but maybe that's a bit before your time so you weren't quite aware how shady they were starting up. I'm also not sure why knock-off reviews are such a wild surprise given the merchandise.

Also, DX with rare exception doesn't sell fake items. All of the items are Western knock-offs but they don't sell fake Ultrafire. They were notified a few years ago that some of the Tiablo's that they were selling were not real and they stopped selling Tiablo's all together.

Ahahahahahaah. You think those are all real Ultrafires? You mean the ones that seem to change every few months? Gee, the same C78 sure is worse now than when they started selling it and getting great reviews, esp when the original is still sold for same price at Lightake. Funnier still when the same light turns up later under the Ultrafire brand. My silver 504B sure does suck compared to every host I've ever bought, including the cheap "solarforce" that everyone seems to sell.

DinoDirect doesn't seem to be selling the same "stuff" as the rest. You may (or may not) find that out when the 80 or so members in the group buy get their "Ultrafire" headlamps. I hope the product is good for BLF members sake but virtually none of the free lights appear to be working.

In fact they're such brilliant scamming geniuses that they're given away at their expense purposely broken merchandise in return for crappy reviews. Wow, we're so lucky to you have around to spot that one on time! In fact, your knowledge of the light industry in china is so deep that you've learned how to make trite accusation with zero repercussions, that's almost on a level with DD!

How much money would be lost by our members before everyone wised up?

Ok, so how much was lost? I've been asking the same thing to the guy making the claims without any answers.

People are begging to be included when they missed the deadline. No one is being critical and some are egging them on. This is not DX. DX isn't on here offering free gifts for one thing. Why is that?

Maybe it's because they know about people like you.

Congratulations! You've bought more junk than I have. I guess I have a faster learning curve.

You certainly seem to set a low bar for the companies with which you choose to do business. I hope your close association with DinoDirect works out well for you and more importantly for the others.

How about substantiating some of your claims of "scam" by actually pointing to someone who's been scammed instead of constantly making up new claims as a distraction? I mean, resorting to lying probably isn't a great strategy when you're tossing around accusations of dishonesty. I supposed while it's possible DD aren't being genuine w/their latest offer, though that's yet to be determined, we already know you aren't.

Frankly I can't tell what's worse, bad vendors or bad members who act like they're still at CPF.

I think it's time for you and Semur to get back to pondering which flashlight is your dreaming one.

Well, it seems pretty obvious you never had anything of substance to back up your words. I guess we'll see if Dinodirect is more genuine than this or not. Hard to imagine them performing as badly.

In my opinion fake reviews are a scam. Also asking a member to post a good review prior to receiving the free light is a scam. (yes- this can be proven)

False specs = scam. I am not sure why you are so set on defending them? Let their products and service speak for itself. Google Dino Direct scam and see what comes up. Are all these people liars?

False specs = scam.

So where do you buy your lights?

Also asking a member to post a good review prior to receiving the free light is a scam.

And where do you buy anything online? Ever seen that merchant review popup when you check out? Wow, so many scams on the internet, better stop using it.

I am not sure why you are so set on defending them?

Because as someone who take solace in doing right over being popular, I don't believe in joining idiotic dogpiles. There was a claim about scamming, I asked for evidence and none was forthcoming, so I concluded the obvious about the accusers. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Dream flashlight; Solid copper body 1x 18650 version of the V10R with an XML driven hard

Pure Drool.....