Which flashlight is your dreaming one?

My dream flashlight :

Beam : warmish side of neutral , Even flow from hotspot to spill , infinitely adjustable from 180 flood to pencil beam .

U.I. : ramping from .001 lumens to 2000 lumens , along with being completely adjustable from my PC via USB .

Body : lightweight , self-healing with easily added or removable clip , lanyard , mounts , etc.

Battery : capable of any size or voltage up to and including 18650 sized cell .

Oh , and while I'm at it , It should float ( if I want ) , be submersible to 1000 meters , have a locator chip in case I lose it , and have a lifetime unconditional warranty and cost under $40.00

you're not making me feel very good here about the (2) H2 lights I just purchased at the special pricing. Why didn't you post this before the group buy. Are my lights going to work? Seems like they got good reviews. I thought DD was trying to make amends here. Guess I'll wait and see ... zzzzzzzzzz

Count me in for this. But a real price point of $75ish would have me interested.

Like many other, my dream flashlight is V10R Ti... Simply beautiful...

The "Rating Dino Direct (Avoid)" thread is always there for members guidance. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/186

I see the first of the group buy lights have been delivered, and seems to be OK, so all may not be lost........good luck with it.

Yes, I saw that rating before I purchased the two lights, but as I said it looked as if Dino was going to try and make amends. That would make some sense, no? Or is it 'once a criminal...always a .' I'll give them a chance. I can always fall back on Paypal, I'm not totally dumb.

HOW are you aware that some lights have already been delivered? I've not heard/seen anything. I never even received a 'shipped' notice on mine. I'll stay tuned....

patrick

Someone just posted in another thread that they had just received their light and that they were happy with it except for noticeable PWM on the lower setting.

Hopefully your purchase will be fine.

@agenthex... I am a simple consumer looking for a good deal on budget lights. Of the dozen budget lights I've ordered from various sites and ebay, all worked out of the box except the DD free offering and the UF X1 being a design disaster. Off all the components I've bought, all worked with some quality exceptions from DX (poor finish on a P60 reflector). Everything else was exactly what I expected or better. Were there errors or omissions in the ads, of course, but the added real customer reviews, whether filtered or not, are exactly what was stated and are not all flattering. They simply provide some level of insight that a good shopperneeds to make an informed decision.

I think the reason why people in general have better experiences with the more established vendors is because they can rely on the product experiences of those before them. For example, when most people who read this forum go buy a light, they don't go for some random cheap item on DX. If they did, they would probably end up with a 3*AAA light with who knows what LED. Buyers also have the same problem when buying on Ebay, I would never trust any LED description on there without an actual die shot.

I would agree DD didn't choose a proper freebie and caused trouble for themselves, that seem obvious enough. If they had just given a single AA cree C78 which is basically the same to them, things would've gone much better. But then, that's probably why they asked for some guidance going forward.

It doesn't do us as a forum any favors to alienate vendors which we essentially depend on for our hobby. Given the treatment DD has receive even though they're putting forth some effort to make amends, I'm not sure what others in similar positions with perhaps similar plans to do so are supposed to think. CPF has a bad rep for shitting on budget light hobbyists automatically and not even giving them a chance, I would like to think we're better than that.

My current dream is that my Sky Ray 3800 doesn't burn.

My next dreams are Jetbeam BC40 (not expensive quality thrower) and Jetbeam PA40 (AA operation with good output)

BLF is here so that members can share advice/experiences/problems. If some of that reflects badly on a particular dealer...so be it. I've used that advice to decide not to deal with Dino Direct.

I've no issue with those who've decided to give them a try......but I'm interested in seeing how it pans out.....I may even review my opinion if it goes well.

No-one has complained when members have reported bad experiences with DX, manafont, KD etc.

So why are you pushing DD's barrow so hard?

a nitecore d-10 for 25usd.

That one flashlight you coveted is literally the only one I've seen without free shipping. If you've ever priced out how much intl shipping via any method other than the cheap post costs, you'd actually see that it's a pretty shitty scam.

I haven't replied once to anyone who had an actual problem or legit review about DD or any other similar store, much less negatively. I've only slammed some folks who were bullshitting with claims that contain zero substance, just as I did and got banned for at CPF over budget dealers there.

The "very low price" w/o shipping would be close to the price anyone else would sell for w/o shipping (check taobao, etc). As you may have already noted, the shipping costs even for the regular cheap postage is not insignificant. Frankly I have no idea how everyone in the supply line makes money as many of the decent lights would have to be $5-10 including margins if you subtract the amount in stamps they put on the envelopes.

Store reviews online also have to be taken in context. For example, Amazon is one of the best retailers out there, and yet for various reasons they have mediocre rating (3/5 stars, worse than known middling stores) in a lot of place. Well, it turns out most of the best rated retailers actually have customers fill out ratings right after checkout, a "scam" apparently to some. So don't shop anywhere that has a 4-5 star ratings as they're almost all "scams".

Of course none of this excuse DD for whatever actual slights they may have imparted on customers, but some of these accusations are ridiculous.

Panagiotis
5 DinoPoint™ gained for this post
Msg for Everyone
Posted: 07/25/2011 14:06 EST
I believe that everybody should gather together because we all have problems with our orders to make an initial Complaint to your company ..
is unacceptable to order something and then tell me that u dont have it and buy something else otherwise you are not going to give me my money back.You are Supposed to be a big company."
or
I believe that everybody should gather together because we all have problems with our orders to make an initial Complaint to your company .. is unacceptable to order something and then tell me that u dont have it and buy something else otherwise you are not going to give me my money back.You are Supposed to be a big company

Malevolence Bought this item on 04-14-2011 20 DinoPoint gained for this post
Excellent buy!
5.0Overall:
Price:
Quality:
Ease Of Use:
Usefulness:
Features:
Other Thoughts:
I was looking for a small flash light to carry on my person daily. I looked into several models, with surefire being the brand I was most interested in. After looking at the offerings from surefire, I decided to purchase it. Excellent buy!
If anyone wants to play along just go to DinoDirect find and post the funniest and most obviously mismatched product photo and review.
Semur, if you want to play along maybe you can tell us why DinoDirect has product reviews from "verified customers" that don't match the product they are listed under.

why cant we all just get along lol

damn , i was hoping to see some cool lights but after spending all the time reading this here is my 2 cents

without my typical long winded ramblings - your welcome !

1. regarding DD , semur is trying to fix DDs rep and sell - you get this. if you dont like them dont buy from them. post in the seller rating area.

2. generally these retailers stretch the truth - so its a gamble. Either pay more for better stuff or work with more reputable dealers. i find that there is an inherent lean towards shadier practices from china ( sorry its the way i feel ) - thats why we have this forum. I was going to buy the skyray now i want a trustfire. they scammed a few people , i will buy from the other guy. thats why i am putting an order in MF and SF sales , i have gotten good stuff from DX and KD and will look at DD if they have sent me a nice light .

3. if you want stuff cheap they have to do things cheaper , labor , Overhead , customer service. i got 3) $3.50 lights , nice little smal sun AA ( generic led) , well fired up one. month later i opened the last one dead burnt led . they would not send a new one , i didnt check its my fault. cant ship it back - was destine for my old LEDs anyway . its not kmart or walmart , the light would have cost 7-10 bucks. you HAVE to know this going into it

4 if one thing can be said we want honesty integrity and quality for a good price - thats one reason we are here. sort out all of the above

let keep in mind we can be serious about our lights etc and keep it a bit loose

IF DinoD is really trying to repair their tarnished reputation and win new customers then they need to adress some of the concerns listed on this forum. Why don’t the reviews match the products? Why were people sent a light, represented as a Cree p4,that contained a generic LED and a driver with at least a moderate chance of burning out in 20 seconds? Why the fake reviews? Why are people getting emails saying their lights have shipped out only to be told later to list their order number so their lights can be shipped out. Some answers would help their reputation. If DinoD keeps these practices up but delivers products that have been ordered then that’s just their way of running things and you have to play the game. We understand that but we are not their only customers. As far as the reputation on the forum goes I think they just made stupid mistakes. I can’t say if their motives were good or evil. The free promo to a bunch of flashlight guys should have been a light that was represented accurately and one that they had at least handled themselves. The decision to then exclude anyone who got the free light from participating in a group deal was dumb. It might have been acceptable if they did not allow people in the group buy to purchase as many lights as they wanted. That was the key, the unlimited deal one group got. When the deal was finally presented, it was put forward in such a way that anyone could order all the lights they wanted. Make a big deal about not allowing one group of people to order ONE light while allowing others to order as many as they want and in the end make the ordering process such that anyone can order all they want. A lot of effort making people mad with a nonsensical decision followed by an order process that made it all unnecessary. They just need to make better decisions when relating to people on a forum such as this. I hope that they do well in their business and start to make better decisions when trying to win over a specialized community such as this. Sorry for the long ass paragraph but I’m having trouble formatting things on the phone.

I paid $$ for a flashlight that didn't work. That shuld give me a reason to bitch, maybee later. So mutch else to do.

Free flashlight that didn't work, now that is a pisser. Maybee they'll refund your money?

What's sort of hilarious is that on another forum I was checking out lately, laserpointerforums, DD actually has a pretty decent rep for providing true ratings on a subset of their lasers, and they seemed to have organized a series of group buys promos on fairly powerful stuff that cost a few hundred apiece.

As I mentioned before, a lot of customer facing business is down to perception (ie managing expectations). For example the typical camera dealerships that operate out of NY seem to give some folks a lot of issues but fine for others as long as you understand the lay of the land.