Which headlamp to choose for sports in 2022

Hello
I am looking for a headlamp that will be used in two tasks.

1. fast night downhill cycling through the forest on an e-bike, where I prefer a narrow angle and long range.
  2. hiking at night and working in a workshop where a wide angle would be needed

I am asking for advice on which models are worth thinking about in 2022. Budget is max around 90 usd, I don’t reject even much cheaper ones if they are good enough.

I have chargers and a lot of 18650 cells.
I have a comparison to convoy s2+ and m2 on xm-l2 U2-A1 diodes - I would like the amount of light to be similar to their maximum mode for at least 30 minutes, I don’t like turbo mode for only 3 minutes. Maybe it’s time for some xhp diode?

I searched for two models myself, i.e. Nitecore HC65 V2 and Fenix HM60R what do you think about them, I found opinions that technically they are a bit old. Maybe one diode will be enough?

One option that could be used for both activities is the LED Lenser H60R. The light angle is adjustable from flood to spot. The downsides: not a warm tint, runs on 3-AAA, nonregulated output. Just mentioning it, although I do prefer my fixed-beam Zebralights.

If you are after a 18650 dual beam headlamp,
Have a look on:
Acebeam H50
YLP Panda4
Sofrin HS20

LED Lenser is not a good option in my opinion since it is high price for low quality and poor costumer support

I use skillhunt head torch very good

You mention the Nitecore HC65 v2. I have the v1. It’s the absolute worst headlamp I’ve ever owned.

Are you sure you want a narrow angle and long cone for downhill cycling? A wide cone will greatly improve your perception of speed. Downhill skiers choose very bright and wide flood lights for skiing because the long, narrow cones kind of ruin the experience.

I would suggest Skilhunt H03 or H04 but it will only fulfill your number 2 requirement.

You have 2 different cases (throw & flood) and I’ve never tried any headlamp that can do booth at the same time.

Which head lamp would not work for his application? I can’t think of any.

If you’re set on 18650-powered headlamps, you might want to look at the new Nitecore NU43, which weighs only around four ounces. My only experience with a 18650 headlamp is with the inexpensive Sofirn D25L, which I like very much, although I don’t know if the beam pattern will suit your needs.

I would suggest buy several — Sofirn D25L is a good start for cheap $15 - $20 from their site —- The Sofirn HS20 with the SFT40 has maybe the best throw, but it’s heavy —- I also use some cheapos that I bought on amazon —- they are very light,I keep them in the shop- truck etc —— also I like headlights with the motion sensor when I don’t need constant light —- Olight use to make a $10/AAA version — I modded at least 30 to green for deer hunters to get to the stands

I bought these for $14/2 with a vipon code — Reflowed SST20/4000k in one —Samsung 4000k in the other

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HPN1JPM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Say, what about the Acebeam H50 2.0 It has 3 LEDs in a line and can do flood or spot, or both together. The light will step down to only about 300-350 lumens though, and when going fast on an ebike that might or might not be enough light for you. Adding a quick-release clamp mount to the handlebar and a flashlight like the Klarus A1 or Wurkkos WK-20 would take care of that.

Lots of suggestions but the one that will do what you want is the ———————>>>

FENIX HM65R-T RECHARGEABLE HEADLAMP

It has two lights, one beam and one flood. Battery lasts forever. Great headband unless you are wearing a russian winter hat with ear muffs.

I own this light and its amazing!

Did I mention 20% off and FREE shipping?

Enter NEWMEMBER2022 at checkout and get 20% OFF your first purchase and FREE SHIPPING on orders over $25*

Second choice, more power and bigger battery

Third choice, even more power!

Petzl obviously.

I would use two lights: a floody one on the bars with a big external battery pack, and a more throwy one mounted on your helmet.