Which LEP has the most 'perfect' hot spot?

Just wondering which LEP light has the most ‘perfect’ hot spot at a distance(not close up) and which LEP can project and keep that ‘perfect’ hot spot at a long distance(not sure exactly how far)?.Thanks,HB:THUMBS-UP:

Gotta be more specific, as awesome as LEP’s are their hot spot grows as the further away the target you point at so while their hot spot is still “perfect” its size is going to be proportional to the distance of the intended target.

I like the smooth white hot spot that a LEP with a shine-through module produces:
Amutorch BT35
There are heaps of these…

What do you mean by perfect?

Weltool W1 may have a slightly wider spill.

The reflector versions seem to have a yellow-green tint:
Weltool W4pro

“What do you mean by perfect”
I guess I mean zero spill.H50

I guess I mean a nice spill free hot spot at a distance.
Are some lights measured by the size of the hot spot at certain distances,say,from 10 metres to 100 metres,etc.H50

Well a light either has spill or it doesn't, this does not depend on the distance. I don't think we understand what you're asking--please be a bit more explicit and specific and define what you mean by "perfect", "nice", and "spill-free".

VOB did a few vids comparing a bunch of ’em. Had a scarecrow dummy at a distance, if anyone recalls the vid.

I understand that, BUT like I was saying the hotspot grows proportional as the distance grows so you would need to be fairly specific. Since the “hotspot” is still not going to have spill but the size of the spot grows…. So its all relative to the distance and how “large” of the spot you want.

Thanks to all that commented,but I guess I need to re-think my question,but I ‘think’ I am referring to the beam profile and that part that surrounds the hot spot,I think is called the corona,then the wash of light surrounding that which is called spill.
Do all beams have a corona?…that is the part of the beam I don’t care for. Thanks,H50 :zipper_mouth_face:

Good idea, Six Laser Flashlights Compared here.

I think the LEP throw performance follows the same principles as with LEDs, a larger properly focused reflector/optic seems to result in the tightest beam. In the case of the six that VOB compared they would be the Weltool W4 and Acebeam W30.

Yeh, I think it was the first Weltool that came out which was just on/off that I would get, but after they decided to go stoopit by putting strobes and SOS and LOL modes in it… yeah, no.

“Oh, so just don’t use those modes.”

“Uhhh, no, they’re in the way.”

Think they were actually in the main cycle in at least one LEP light.

I’m anxiously awaiting my Owleyes Pro which supposedly has a 4 Mcd beam at 60 meters (:

I have tested a few. The Natfire SF2 actually has a really pleasant beam. I tested a couple no-name ones from China and they were surprisingly good too. It stands that the shine through modules are the best for beam quality.

Which brands have the “shine through modules” of which you speak?.Thanks HB

I also compared a few..

Here are 10 LEPs compared: https://youtu.be/6jmPsEAc_d8

This video has some useful comparsions toward the end of the video, where you can really see the beam quality

and here the 5 best LEP performers: https://youtu.be/k3vMcvq6sd0

Thanks to ChibiM for the video, it is very good comparison.

My question to everyone is, what actually are some practical use for LEP flashlight? I am not saying they are not useful, instead I am saying I do not know what use case it has for me. For example, I like flood light because it is useful for working and finding things in a area or lighting up a room. I also like ‘normal’ throwy flashlight which is good for search for small objects further away, or for general purpose use like during hiking. But LEP is very small hotspot. I think it is good for signaling and maybe tactical use, but are there any benefits for normal use cases?

Thank you.

I think hunters would benefit mostly from an LEP light especially mounted to their fire-arm,plus maybe a larger beam on a ‘regular’ light may scare away any potential ‘prey’
HB

that is what some people want.

personally, i don’t have one and don’t feel i am missing anything.

though i think you could technically have one that has a wider beam.
i have not seen that.
the advantage would be slightly more lumens per watt than the usual LED style
i don’t really care that much about an extra 5-10% (not even sure what the real number is)