Which movie did you watch lastֻ

“The other thread”?

Yeah, the other movie thread...

Favorite movies of all time ?

But the main cast is black, so i guess the self proclaimed white morality patrol took offense as they do…

So i wanted to thank the poster for linking it and the other ridiculously bad flick in his post for the laughs, but the whole post is gone….
But they were very enjoyable. :+1:

Whoa… that’s like from 2020.

A week ago it was 2020? :question:

12-29-2020.

I wasn’t aware that anyone here declared themselves to be “morality police.” I only know that the first post mentioning that movie spelled out the title, which contains a well-known racial slur. Racial slurs are commonly regarded as offensive by people of all races. Sb explained that the posts were deleted due to the title being spelled out and being offensive - not because of the content or cast of the movie.

Again, the main characters are black and according to the politically correct commandments of our age they are allowed to call themselves the N-word.
Context always matters.
Or rather it SHOULD matter.

I saw The Black Phone (2021).

[One of my favorite movies of all time.]

This horror movie is superb.

The acting is excellent, even with the child actors, which is very rare for a horror movie.

The music is great.

The supernatural elements remind me of Stephen King, but this movie is surprisingly not a Stephen King story.

The movie builds up nicely to the climax, with everything fitting together perfectly.

If the IMDb description of this movie looks appealing to you, I think you'll probably like it.

If someone doesn't like the ending of this movie, I think there might be something wrong with them.

In other words, I think the ending is extremely satisfying.

Okay, to avoid future miscommunications, from now on, I'll use the word

[Recommended]

instead of the phrase

[One of my favorite movies of all time.]

They both refer to movies that I really enjoy, but [Recommended] should be less controversial.

:laughing:

I saw Blade (1998).

This movie is okay.

There are only two or three good actors in the film.

Stephen Dorff and Kris Kristofferson both can act well.

Sanaa Lathan can also act, but her part is pretty minor.

Everyone else in the movie is not a very good actor.

Wesley Snipes is a good action star, but he cannot act in this movie.

The music is okay to good.

The plot is not all that great.

This movie is obsessed with blood, and it gets old after a while.

Some of the action sequences are pretty good, but some are not.

Overall, the movie is not that entertaining.

The One (2001)

Forgettable. The setup is very promising but the resolution is really anticlimactic and unsatisfying. I doubt I will ever watch this again. Some of the early action scenes are kinda funny though.

The Thirteenth Floor (1999)

I liked this one. Similar concept to The Matrix but less of an action movie. This movie seems more grounded than The Matrix in general while having a bit of noir mystery flavor. I want to put this on the shelf next to the Matrix movies…too bad the Bluray is OOP and everyone is scalping it.

are Bloopers and Out-Takes allowed?

All Wesley Snipes is good for is acting really, really cool & badass. But you know who can do that PLUS act really well? Samuel Jackson. I really think the Blade franchise would’ve been so much better with him as the lead.

Idk, Wesley Snipes’ cockiness really fits the character. Besides, the movies are schlock anyway and in a way Snipe’s performance fits. It’s hard for me to imagine Jackson as a vampire too :smiley:

I saw Blade II (2002).

[Recommended]

This movie is great.

Wow, what an improvement over the first movie.

The acting is substantially better, the music is better, the plot is better, the action sequences are better, and the special effects are better.

Everyone in this film can act, except for Wesley Snipes.

I mean, Wesley is an excellent action star, but when he's by far the worst actor in the movie, that's a huge improvement.

And Wesley isn't he worst actor ever--he's just mediocre when it comes to his acting skills.

The music is excellent.

The action sequences are superb.

The special effects are pretty darn good.

Although this sequel has plenty of blood, it did not get old like in the first movie.

One vampire had green blood for some unknown reason, but that's a non-issue in my book.

This movie is directed by Guillermo del Toro, and apparently that's what this series needed to improve sharply.

It seems like this movie has a much larger budget than the first movie, but that's not true--the budget of this movie is just a bit more than the original.

We just watched The Fallout.

It was ROTTEN. There is no plot. Dumb teenagers do dumb things and wander around for 90 minutes.

F-

Almost like it should’ve been named “The Failout.” :wink: