Which movie did you watch lastֻ

Brilliant, funny, entertaining movie 8/10
Irma la Douce

Shocking, heart breaking movie. 8/10, strongly recommend.
Jacinta

kingpin

rare to find a ‘feel good’ movie i can enjoy this much.

Drive My Car (2021) Excellent movie (in Japanese with English subtitles) about a theater director who is married to a television writer he loves very much - even though the death of their daughter and his wife’s secret life have affected him as well as her in ways about which they don’t speak. A sudden tragedy about one-third of the way through the film leads to the director taking a job directing Chekhov’s play “Uncle Vanya” in Hiroshima, where he is forced to allow a driver to drive him around in his beloved red Saab, due to a rule of the theater company that the visiting directors not drive themselves around town. As the director chooses and gets acquainted with his diverse cast of actors, he also develops a gradually deepening relationship with the young woman assigned to drive him during the hour it takes to go from home to work and back again. In the end, the unlikely connection between the director and his driver changes both of them in profound ways, as they open up about the burdens of the past on both of them, and their struggles to make sense of their lives and move forward.

This is a movie that takes some patience to appreciate (the opening credits appear 51 minutes into the movie), but its quiet revelations about the human condition, and our connections with the people in our lives, underline a strong humanism that rewards the viewer in the end. The acting and direction, as well as the cinematography, are all first rate.

Tried the new Matrix movie lastnight… wow what a dissapointment… truly a sleeping pill i fekt asleep almost it was so boring… that movie made zero sense to me… why was it even made?? even keanu looked confused lol…

2/10

I caught a few minutes of Hobo with a Shotgun. It was different

I’ve hear that the studio said they were making another Matrix movie with or without the Wachowskis. So one of them signed on and it seems like the movie was made in protest…weird that the studio allowed it to happen.

I have that movie, but I don't think I've seen it yet.

It sounds interesting to me.

The Old Guard on Netflix.

@up
I just quote myself:

for the 2nd time.
it did not improve.

Blade Runner 2049 ——- Pretty good Watch

This movie looks incredible. Denis Villeneuve is a master of world-building through visuals. :beer:

If anyone is on the fence, this movie doesn’t require to you have seen or to have loved the first movie with Harrison Ford. (The first movie is good, just slooooooooow). Blade Runner 2049 isn’t all that fast but compared to the 1982 film it’s supersonic.

Yeah but it told a good story. So few movies these days can even do that.

Right now I have been watching a series called “Book of Power IV: Force” I could do with a little less nudity, but over all it is not the worst of things I have watched. Kinda has a SoA feel, 3 episodes in so not sure how it is going to go from here.

RED and RED 2. Good funny action movies.

Arctic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic\_(film)

Mmm, I liked that flick. Amazed how Mads carried the whole film with barely saying anything.

BLACK CRAB: Swedish dystopian flick about two warring factions somewhere in Scandinavia and a critical mission to try and win it for the underdogs.

Only one snap for me.

Naomi Rapace isn’t hot in it at all.

Chris

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charade\_(1963_film)

if you like Matryoshka dolls, then this is for you.

I saw that too. It was pretty good.