Which movie did you watch lastֻ

I saw Scream (2022).

[One of my favorite movies of all time.]

This movie is really good.

The acting is pretty good and the music is excellent.

This movie has three acts.

Acts one and two are pretty standard horror movie fare.

Act three is superb.

Act three is so good that it makes you forgive the film for the average acts one and two.

All of the Scream movies are horror movies about horror movies, and this one is no different.

My two favorite films in the series are the 1996 and 2022 versions.

The 1996 version is the most original, but the third act in the 2022 version is probably the most entertaining.

My gal and I watched THE MAN FROM TORONTO and it’s pretty damn good. More an action movie, with a comedic bent, than the other way around.

Quite fun and entertaining.

Chris

https://thegloop.org/movie-review-obi-wan-kenobi-a-car-spinning-its-wheels-in-the-mud/

Blah!

Do you agree with this review?

Awww, man, I laffed my ass off through the entire review!

Spot.

F’n.

On!

I could only get through eps 1-3 so far, as after each ep, I had to scrub my brain with bleach to keep more IQ points from getting mildewy, before going on to the next.

Gotta be honest, this is the first time I ever saw a Critical Drinker vid. I followed along with Ryan Kinel’s reviews and commentaries on it, and he’s hilarious, but CD had me laffing like a hyena every 10-15sec or so.

Right from the first “chase” scene (if it could even be called that; I was waiting for Benny Hill music to pop on in the background), I knew this was going to be a crock of shiite. Leia shouldda been flopped over OB1’s knee and spanked silly.

And Leia spent alllllllllll that time with OB1, yet in SW4:ANH, she has to “introduce” herself, like, “Hey, Ben, you fought with my pappy in The Clone Wars, remember?”. Like, duuuh, was he all Alzheimered out that he wouldn’t remember the little snot who exposed him as the huge inept cowardly cuck that he was?

Dunno if I wanna watch 4-6, but I might, just to punish myself for stealing that candybar when I was 6.

Dang, I really enjoyed the series. Now I find myself agreeing with most of that review though :confused: Oh well…

The Worst Person In the World (2021) - Directed by Joachim Trier, in Norwegian with English subtitles

A realistic, well-written, well-directed, and well-acted look at a young woman trying to figure out who she is and what she wants out of her life, her career, and her relationships with men, her family, and her friends. The performance of the lead actress, Renate Reinsve, is particularly good. She won the Best Actress award at the Cannes Film Festival for her performance in this movie - which is all the more remarkable for her first major film role because she decided to quit acting the day before she was offered the role.

“The Gray Man” on Netflix. I thought it was a great action movie.

pre-code so lots of pre-code things.

i was reading about Charlie Gemora,
the “King of the Gorilla Men”, and
this is one of his gorilla movies.

Is that Mrs Clean? :laughing:

I thought maybe GI Jane. :laughing:

Saw Top Gun: Maverick last weekend.

This was my first time to a movie theater since 2019. The movie was excellent. Better than the original.

Get my wife’s name out yo’ f’n mouf!

Watched “Greenland” on HBOMax. Another great end of the world movie.

7/10

A group of very different individuals with different ideas of how to face the end come together as the world is expected to end in six hours at the turn of the century.

Last Night

I like Ewan McGregor’s portrayal of Obi-wan Kenobi. He’s a fine actor. But what he had to deal with… AGAIN…
Well, I think the Obi-Wan Kenobi series has better dialog than the Disney pre-quack. Still, have to admit… this review is spot on. There’s so many plausibility stretches to pull last minute fixes for plot holes, that it does sink one’s enjoyment. The Mandalorian is a better series. Boba Fett slightly less so. Then OWK… which derives it’s attention from the careful leveraging of Star Wars movie nostalgia. Gloop is a bit too caustic here… I mean, it’s like anytime there’s a powerful female character, “Wokeness!” is the exclamation. But yeah, the angry black woman trope is way overplayed here. I also don’t buy her motive. “Sure I’ll kill Jedi just to create a plausible reason to ascend in the ranks so that I can avenge my Jedi compatriots.” Makes no f-ing sense.

OK, confession. You triggered a memory. I did that very thing at the same age. Accompanying mom to the grocery store, I happened to bring along an old fedora I’d found in the old clothes box in the attic. Then it occurred to me… I could slip a candy bar inside it and no one would be the wiser. And it worked. In the car, I pull out the candy bar from my hat in the back seat. Sis exclaims “where’d you get THAAAAAAT?” Mom’s head whips around staring at me from the driver’s seat. “Did you steal that?” She forced me to go back to the store and hand it over to a checkout clerk with an apology. :weary:

Dialogue, plot, acting, everything.

But hey, they’re making OB1 bisexural now, so all is forgiven. :laughing:

I :poop: you not, they’re actually doing that.

Like Sarah Connor? Ellen Ripley? The original/adult Leia?

The problem’s not “a powerful female character”, but when they turn previously strong male figures into inept cucks who ponder their feelings instead of taking action like they did in earlier movies.

And that’s what they’re doing in the M-She-U, “LOTR” (a/k/a “Galadriel: Warrior Princess”), etc., too.

I know nothing about her as a person, but from what I saw, I absolutely did not like her as an actress. All she did was get angry and yell. She’s like a PMSed out George Costanza with a gun.

Saw the first hour of Tenet last night. What a mess. We’re not liking it enough to watch 90 more minutes of that.

Hmm...

Yeah, I've heard other people complain about Tenet online.

I'll probably watch it sooner or later because I like the director.

That’s the main reason I was willing to give it a chance.

LOL, I guess I’m a “cuck” (common definition: an emasculated, effeminate male), because I am more interested in male characters in movies who are not sociopaths when it comes to violence and are capable of thinking about the morality of killing, and who are capable of more than a one-dimensional emotional response. And I guess the following male movie characters are also “cucks:” John Wick, Hutch Mansell, Jason Bourne, and the Terminator, who reacts to the need to part company with the boy and his mother by saying, “I know now why you cry.” If I want to experience violent sociopaths, I see that every day in my work, running errands in my community on weekends, hearing and observing the activity at the apartment complex next to mine, or reading the news. I have no interest in seeing a movie to experience more of the same.

I also think that, after 100 years of movies showing no bi-sexual people, it is perfectly realistic and timely to have one movie character who is bi-sexual - a group that in reality is the majority of the 5.6% of the general population that identifies as LGBTQ.

I’ll leave the comment above about a woman who is angry being “PMSed out” to be addressed or ignored by the many female BLF members, and the moderator. But, the same reality applies for a character going through PMS - after all, females represent about 50% of the world population - and that common, worldwide malady has rarely been acknowledged in movies.