Which movie did you watch lastֻ

Raccoon Valley ( not to be confused with raccoon city, LOL)

Ummm, it sure was a different type of movie. The main character is deaf, so she doesn’t talk, but she does carry a nice lantern in parts of the movie. For the majority of the movie, the only sounds and noises are the music, occasional t.v. broadcast, and a couple of gunshots.

The movie depends highly on the music to set the mood for the entirety of it. The film kept my interest as I tried to figure out what was going on.

RUN
British movie about young folks working at the docks/fish production facility who go on illegal street races.

Last And First Men
About the future of mankind, how we live, communicate, etc
Don’t waste your time, this one was a loser.

Mmmm, I just saw this making the rounds. As much as I like Tilda Swinton, when I heard the description of what the “movie”(?!) was about, I gave it a pass. Looked up the reviews, and wow, major “don’t bother”.

It is a bunch of grey scale graphics and some random person talking. nothing more.
just… weird.

You should check out “”Mindhunter”:https://www.netflix.com/title/80114855”… on NetFlix. Similar premise. Really great acting. There’s 2 seasons out at the moment, with a 3rd in the works.

I actually managed to sit through “5G Zombies” without falling asleep. I consider that no small miracle.

I can’t recall when I last saw a movie that I actually regretted watching. Even “Clownado” was “so bad it’s good” in its own way. I was actually fighting to stay awake to at least finish watching it, to see if maybe — just maybe — something might get better at the end, to “tie it all together”. Nope. Nothing at all.

The entire movie was pretty much a bunch of disjointed segments of “vloggers” reporting on what was going on outside. What swirly-eyeballs had to do with anything, btfoom, but that was one of the first segments. Then it’s just vloggers-on-the-run, or being holed-up to avoid the corozombies.

Oh, forget it. I took one for the team to spare alla youse from being subjected to a truly, truly bad movie.

Oh, great, NOW it’s rated 1.3 on imdb. It was 3-something when I grabbed it.

Considering that 1, not 0, is the lowest possible rating, that 1.3 pretty much sums it up. The additional 0.3 was probably from friends’n’family of the producers stuffing the ballots with fake 10s. This movie was probably some tax writeoff…

Anyway, avoid 5GZ like the corovirus itself.

Looks pretty good on IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5290382/

It's gotta be better than that movie with a similar name.

I saw The Exorcist III (1990).

I have seen the original, but skipped Part II due to a low IMDB score.

Most of Part III is boring.

The interesting parts are pretty good, but they are few and far between.

The acting and music are done well.

The ending is not very satisfying.

The original film in the series is a classic, and Part III is not really worth watching.

Don’t watch as many movies as I used to.
But yesterday Deadpool 2 was for the first time on TV, after Deadpool (1) the day before.
Though it was about the fourth time I watched the original it was still very entertaining.
Wish I could say the same about the sequel.
It looks as if all the ingredients of the original were copied and in place, but something was missing.
Or maybe there were a bit too much one-liners. I don’t know.
Only character that did something for me was Zazi Beets as Domino, the “lucky girl”.
And Brad Pitt, of course.

For the 3rd time I watched the trilogy of Hobbits and then LOTR, this time the extended version of all movies. I was blown away with the amount of extra scenes and how deep are the references between the two trilogies and to the books. The extended scenes are important part of the plot and feels like they were intended to be there when they shot the movie, not randomly added from “deleted footage”. No doubt this is one of the best cinematic universe of all times. I’m sure there are many fans here in BLF since we are well familiar with words like Narsil and Anduril.

Interesting fact: the combined runtime of the LOTR trilogy is over 11 hours!

My copies of The Swimmer (1968), The Story of the Swimmer (2014), and Little Murders (1971) arrived from France, over a month after their purchase. The Swimmer and Little Murders are two favorites of mine.

Little Murders is the very best of dark satires. Elliott Gould is brilliant in reprising his lead role from the stage version, as are Vincent Gardenia, Donald Sutherland, and Alan Arkin, who directed the movie. The movie and play were written by Jules Feiffer.

The swimmer is a more serious movie based on a short story by John Cheever about an upper middle class man who seems to have had everything he wanted in life, but somehow lost his way. I think this is Burt Lancaster’s best performance, and it’s a shame that more people aren’t aware of this movie. The documentary about the movie is very interesting and has a lot of info about Lancaster in it. Movies like this can’t get made today.

My gf and I both watched it, and we were both like, “wtf??”.

I had no clue what the novel was about, and I eventually pieced together what was going on (ages of the grils from one scene to the next), but still…

He spent all those years in swim-trunks?? And what about his life in all those years between the scenes?

Dunno, maybe it’d get better with a second watching, but…

(Spoilers Follow). Most people (like me) don’t even notice the change in seasons in their first viewing of The Swimmer. So, you apparently understood more than many. I figure that even if one views all the story as taking place in one day, the story and experience is the same. It’s only when you watch the beginning after knowing how it ends that you can see Ned’s neighbors are more aware of his real situation in life than they seem to be at first glance. That’s one neat thing about the script by Eleanor Perry, who was then the wife of the director Frank Perry.

Snowpiercer last night and it was OK, so worth a watch for free.

Chris

Couldn’t watch my stories tonight, so fired up a movie. Caught “The Ascent”, and it was really good.

Its “real”(??) title is “Stairs”, but “The Ascent” (UK title) is a much better and more meaningful title. After watching it, you’ll know why.

Damn, another pile of damning reviews on the imdb. Who pays these people to put out hit-reviews? It was incredibly well-done, things at the beginning fit perfectly with what’s revealed later on, a lot of things just dovetail together perfectly.

Admittedly, it’s a bit repetitive a la “Groundhog Day”, but each “iteration” explains just a little bit more of the act. That gradual revelation gives some seasoning to the movie, little bursts of “Aha!” when you catch one.

The “pre-ending” (hard to explain, but you’ll know what I mean when you see it) was a bit eerie, but it was still an incredibly good movie. Highly recommended.

Watched “Rev” tonight. Pretty good, overall.

Typical guy-caught-in-the-middle between 2 violent/dangerous sides, only in this case 3 sides instead! Talk about walking a tightrope…

Decent enough plot, some good humorous moments (and quotes!), some really nice scenery, enough suspense to keep you interested.

If you like cars, especially high-end cars, this is a movie for you.

Okay, did a 2-fer tonight. No good stories on tonight, so might even make it a 3-fer. I’ll see…

First was “Ouija Shark”. Yes, it’s bad. Oh, it’s so bad, it’s actually pretty good. Had some great funny-ass quotes at the most inappropriate times, that it was hilarious. Intentionally so, I hope.

It’s about some chick who finds an ouija board and with a few of her friends, inadvertently summons a ghost-shark. Yes, a ghost-shark. Or is it a shark-ghost? Either way, a horrible horrible CGIed car2n shark that glows blue and either eats people whole in a flash of light, or chomps and sends random bloody body parts flying about.

It’s only about 1hr10min or so, but could’ve been cut down to maybe 45min. The opening scenes with credits rolling are pretty good, but the end credits are painfully slow and drag on for about 6min or more as an excuse to play 2 songs from GOAT! (who likely partially funded the movie to get the songs on it). Early on, there are some gratuitous and pointless but still appreciated scenes of bikini-clad chickies frolicking in a pool, washing a car, etc. Okay, so let’s leave those scenes in.

Kinda like “The Room”, “Ouija Shark” pulls brand new and random characters out of its ass with zero introduction, and you waste precious minutes wondering “Who’s that??”, as if you missed an earlier scene where they were at least mentioned in passing. Nope.

Wellp, the snarky Christina-Applegate-looking “gypsy” was hella cute.

All in all, it would’ve been a quite good “so bad it’s good” movie with decent dialogue and snarky jokes. But the final scenes at the end (you’ll know if when you see it) are just horrible, and pretty much kill the movie. Too political, and didn’t make a lick of sense. Yes, even in a movie about a ghost-shark summoned by a ouija board, it doesn’t make any sense.

So… the 1.3 is undeserved. I’d give it at least a 4 if not a 5, as the dialogue, etc., was pretty good, and I didn’t feel like poking my eyeballs out with chopsticks watching it (unlike with “5G Zombies”, which I actually believe caused me some brain damage). Just edit out the retarded end scenes.

Next up, “The Great Alligator”. Decent spaghetti creature-feature that would’ve played quite well as a teevee-movie like “Piranha!” and such. It’s kind of “Jaws” and “Jurassic Park” and “Piranha!” tossed into a blender, only with the lovely Barbara Bach gracing the screen.

Quite formulaic, big-ass alligator gets “awakened” somehow, the natives are peacefully coexisting with the invading white tourist-trap builders, everything’s mostly mutually beneficial ’til The Awakening, when Big-Ass Croc starts snacking on the tribe’s warriors. Wellp, that’s punishment from the Croc God for refusing to toss Whitey out on his bum, so they take to capturing a sacrificial babe to appease the Croc God, as well as go on a killing rampage to teach Whitey a good lesson. So now the tourists and workers got Big Ass Croc on one side, and Angry Restless Natives on the other, and they’re being killed left’n’right in the middle.

All in all, it played out quite well. Only the in-the-water massacre scene near the end just dragged on for way way too long. Yeah, yeah, I get it, Big Ass Croc is bobbing for tourists. Seriously, how hard (and how long) to you have to beat that into peoples’ heads? Other than that, the whole movie flowed pretty well.

I’d actually give both of ’em a thumbs-up. OS for being a so-bad-it’s-good laffathon, and TGA as decent creature-feature entertainment.

Rewatched “”Birdman”:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdman\_(film).” Hadn’t seen it for about 5 years. Very surreal & existential film. Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, and Zack Galifianakis were amazing. But it’s a draining film. The single long continuous camera shot keeps you on the edge.

I saw The Burning (1981).

This horror movie is a Friday the 13th clone/wannabe.

The acting is bad, but the music is pretty good.

There are long stretches without music, and those stretches would have been better with music.

Jason Alexander (from the TV show Seinfeld) is in the movie, and he does a decent job with regards to acting.

Don't expect hardly any comedy from this slasher, however.

Most of the movie is pretty boring, unfortunately.

The script/plot isn't all that great either.

Overall, this film is pretty forgettable, and I do not recommend it.

Saw Dunkirk. Amazing camera work & cinematography. Of course, like “1917”, the plot is simplistic. Of course, because it’s already well known, so the focus is more about the humanity & feeling of the moments. Very well captured. But… as one of these kinds of war movies, see & enjoy, but most likely will not see more than once or twice. Unlike Saving Private Ryan & Band of Brothers, which I found so compelling as to enjoy repeat watching many times.

I saw “Churchill” before this, which also covered this period of the war, so it dovetailed nicely with 1917. Gary Oldman did an absolutely outstanding portrayal of Winston Churchill.