Which movie did you watch lastֻ

Started watching Prison Break - I realized I never actually watched Season 01. And I also just learned they made Season 05 which was released many years after Season 04. Gonna have to watch that one, too.

Sarah Wayne Callies…. mmmm.

The Great Escape
starring The Cooler King

Gone

A 2012 mystery, suspense movie. I really enjoyed it. I think Amanda Seyfried did an amazing job in this.

Caught “A F**load Of Scotch Tape”. It rates a solid “meh”.

The story was pretty good, up ’til the very very end. Where the Hell did The Kid come from??

The characters were pretty good. Dialogue pretty good. It was all pretty good except for all the damned singing. Like, wtf?? It had more singing peppered throughout the movie than “Chicago”. And this is supposed to be a “neo-noir” movie??

It just grated on me. Like every 5min or so, he’d burst into song, like f’n “Cop Rock”. Couldn’t even fast-forward through it because salient points of the plot would be shown right in the middle.

Seems all the reviews were from shills, as they all praised the director (must be friends’n’family or something), because all those were 10s with maybe a 9 thrown in for variety.

Dunno. It had the potential to be pretty good, but all the ill-timed singing just grated on me. Pass…

Update on The Burning:

I called it a Friday the 13th clone/wannabe, but the film started production before the first Friday the 13th came out, so even though it is very similar, they didn't actually copy the more popular movie.

I saw Haunt (2019).

It's okay.

The acting is decent, as is the music.

The movie is pretty slow, though.

Most of the time, as the viewer, you're just waiting for something to happen.

I like the ending of the movie.

That part is satisfying.

The four part NetFlix documentary on Jeffrey Epstein.

Sick dude.

Chris

Maybe or maybe not. Folks run around Hollywood pitching scripts or even just concepts. They get rejected over and over but the idea is out there. Notice how many times we see a pair of movies that come from different companies at about the same time but have the same basic premise. Deep Impact and Armageddon arm a great example, both came out in 1998.

Not a very good day today, so needed a diversion, and was able to catch a 2-fer.

First was “Dragon Soldiers”, which I thought was quite good. Granted, it was a silly premise, and the music was a bit repetitive, but still it held its own. Dialogue was pretty good, the dragon itself was cute (and yay, an actual dragon and not a wyvern), and it just held my attention the whole time.

Lots of “homages” to “Predator”, sometimes overt (“You think all this ‘Predator’ $#|+ is gonna work?”), so while it’s not goofing on itself, it’s clear it’s made with “Predator” in mind, but with a spin.

Absolutely beautiful scenery, all filmed in western Colorado, per the end-credits. That alone was worth the price of admission.

I’d recommend giving it a watch.

Second was “Crispy’s Curse”, which was… interesting, but I was checking the play-time often to see just how much more of the movie there was. The accents were thick and hard to understand, Crispy mumbled more than half of what he was saying making it even worse to understand, and the ending was kinda silly.

Worse, way way too much time was squandered dragging in The Baptistes for time-wasting filler that I don’t think contributed anything to the story other than to “introduce” the character Alon.

Unno, the flick could’ve been slashed to half the runtime to make it less painful to watch. It’s like they had to pad out a movie to 1:45 or whatever it was, and wasted lots of that with silliness (like the VomTard).

That said, the chickies were cute, the guy that looked like a fat Marco Hietala had a great voice, and Laconic Vaping Guy was a hoot.

Try it if you want, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

And yet another ratings screwup at imdb. DS was a paltry 2.7 but I thought it was quite good, and CC was 4.9 but I’d give it a pass.

No idea what’s going on there.

I saw The Ritual (2017).

It's a little slow.

The acting is okay, and the music is appropriate.

I think the movie is a waste of time.

Not a whole lot happens in the film, and I do not recommend it.

I saw "The Invisible Man" Decent movie, I'll give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. Family getting bored watching netflix so I splurged a little for home movie night.

“”Never Rarely Sometimes Always”“:Never Rarely Sometimes Always (2020) - IMDb

A relevant movie if you want to educate yourself around the topics of teenage pregnancy, abuse of women and abortion. Shown from the perspective of a young female character who needs to go out of state to have an abortion after an unplanned pregnancy.
A bit slow at times, but overall good acting and shows a little bit the difference of rural communities (Pennsylvania) and city life (NYC).

Nature of Love
Nature Of Love is a traditional Hallmark flick, showcasing Emilie Ullerup in a role where she reviews a hotel for a (travel?) magazine. Better than average if you like Hallmark movies and standard romantic films around the known recipe.

Caught “Wszystko Na Sprzedaż” (“Everything For Sale”) because it sounded interesting. And it was. I didn’t “get” a lot of it, because it was made on a movie-within-a-movie theme shortly after the death of Zbigniew Cybulski, who was killed jumping from a train right at the apex of his career, so a lot of WNS parallelled that event. The movie was made in 1969, so it’d be safe to say that today relatively few people recall or know about his death.

It also was very “talky”, so even though I could pick up maybe a quarter of what was being said so rapidfire and with people talking over each other, reading subs was a must, plus, it was a bit distracting comparing the literal Polish that I understood with the idiomatic translation to English in the subs. So it was actual work to watch it. :laughing:

The story itself was a bit disturbing, how the producer’s “art” would capitalise on the gruesome death of the lead actor in his movie to advance that “art”. Personal drama and angst was recorded as fodder for use later in different scenes in the movie-within-the-movie. Hmm, I guess everything was for sale…

It’s long. It’s talky. It’s heady. And it’s probably not for everyone. But what I pieced together from what I knew before (almost nothing) and after (reading about the incident), it was pretty good. No one gets shot, no one gets all blowed up, no axe-murderers or killer-clowns or anything, just a good solid but somewhat unsettling story.

Death at a Funeral 2007
Hilarious, funny movie, not like 2010 garbage remake.

Finally saw Shutter Island. Pretty intense acting work by Di Caprio. I hated him in Titanic & thought he was a little too smug in some other movies, but he has grown tremendously over time. Still haven’t seen “The Revenant,” but plan to eventually. Supposedly one of his best movies.

Anyway, Shutter Island wasn’t what I expected. It’s a really mind spinning psychotic film-noir.

Shutter island I liked a lot.
Did you saw Inception ?

Also try Identity

This evening, Bombshell. It was Madams turn to choose tonight, but I enjoyed it.

Last night, American Made, Tom Cruise as a bored airline pilot who finds more fun smuggling.

Night before, revisited Interstellar. I love that film. :slight_smile:

Yes, definitely saw Inception and enjoyed it thoroughly. Its complicated enough that rewatching makes it easier to appreciate.

Never heard about IDENTITY. Interesting, John Cusack seems to have a penchant for such movies. Reminds me a little of 1408.

Watched Becky(2020) yesterday. Its a home alone-esque movie that’s more violent and satisfying. But the ending left some questions unanswered…

I saw Creep (2014).

I couldn't find a budget for the film online, but it looks like a very low-budget film.

The acting is actually pretty good, and I don't remember there being much music.

The movie doesn't have much going on in it, but it isn't boring.

For me to like the movie, it would have to have a lot more action.

As such, I would only recommend it for those who appreciate low-budget horror done well.

Just don't expect much of a plot.