Which movie did you watch lastֻ

Had time, wanted to do a 2-fer, but only did one, all 2½ hrs of “The Last Days Of American Crime”.

Holy Cats! It was loooong, but still kept my interest the whole time. Wasn’t at all what I expected, though. I was expecting it to be more about The Signal and maybe killing it (a la “They Live!”), but it was about pulling off The Mother Of All Bank-Heists before the dreaded Signal would be broadcast.

Lots of twists’n’turns, a few unanswered questions, but overall I enjoyed it.

And of course, I just look now, and it’s rated only 3.8 on imdb. Okay, I gotta read the reviews and find out just what they’re bitching about. Stuff that’s “meh…” at best gets 6es, and good stuff gets 3s. Go figure.

Currently re-running through the LOTR trilogy yet again. Amazing how well it holds up after all these years. Fantastic watch.

I really admire Peter Jackson for LOTR trilogy.
In late 80’s I read the books and that movies are exactly as I imagined it back in a day. I could watch it again and again.
Mike

Same here. The direction of those movies was spectacular. Peter Jackson really has a keen eye & also picked very talented cinematographers, graphics artists, and great cast to boot.

Started watching “”Boardwalk Empire”:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boardwalk_Empire”. Beautiful period piece, just after WWII. Gorgeous automobiles. Acting is very good. Steve Buscemi is excellent, as always.

I saw The Cell (2000).

The movie is visually beautiful.

The plot is kinda weak, though.

The music is good, and the acting is very good.

It takes place in different parts of California that I am familiar with, which is a nice little bonus.

If the story were more complex, the film would be much better.

Overall, it's better than average, and I barely recommend the movie.

Ooh, it’s got D’onofrio… must be good.

Don’t recall seeing Hennifer Lopez in anything before.

I saw My Bloody Valentine (1981).

I saw the unrated version, which is about three minutes longer than what was in theaters decades ago.

I had high hopes for this film, but it didn't pan out.

(I read a review that made me think I would like the movie.)

The acting in the movie is really bad.

I think there's one good actor in the whole film.

The music is fitting, and decent.

There is little character development, and with the bad acting, I really didn't care about the welfare of the the characters, which is not a good sign for a horror movie.

The plot is pretty bare bones.

Overall I just didn't like this mostly boring movie.

Watched “Two Heads Creek” knowing nothing about it beforehand, and it was a hoot! It’s a horror-comedy, emphasis on comedy. Right from the opening credits I knew it was gonna be a fun movie, and it was. :laughing:

I was under the impression it was an Aussie flick, but it started out in the UK. Sure enough, the lead siblings took a trip to Oz to visit family, so now we’re rolling.

Of course, there’s a Deep Dark Secret concerning their birth-mother and the whole town in fact, and it’s revealed pretty quickly that something creepy is going on, and eventually the meaty secret’s revealed. Lots of fun, lots of humor, lots of local flavor(!), just lots of all kinds of good stuff. Makes me want to score a case of XXXX!

Highly recommended for a fast-paced fun hormedy.

Watching “”Hannibal”:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal\_(TV_series),” the series. It’s VERY disturbing. I’m halfway through the first season and it’s getting more weird & higher tension as it proceeds. Mads Mikkelsen plays Dr. Lecter. He has that naturally “evil” look about him.

I found out that there’s just 3 seasons that ended about 5 years ago. It was canceled due to low ratings.

I liked the Hannibal movies...

Maybe I'll check out the TV series someday.

I saw I Am Not a Serial Killer (2016).

The movie is a little slow, but otherwise it's pretty good.

The acting is very good, and the music is nice.

This is a movie where you have to pay close attention or else you'll miss what's going on.

If it were just a bit quicker in pace, I would like it even more.

just finished

“”Force Of Nature”“:Force of Nature (2020) - IMDb

well… I didn’t like it. Decided to invest the time because I am a huge Kate Bosworth fan, but this plot just doesn’t do it for me. bunch of people running around while it is raining… bad story line, poor acting. A Kate who seems out of her element.

The Battle of Algiers.

Lemmy 2010

Full movie:

Stranger Than Fiction
Will Ferrell 2006
Ensemble cast with quite a few big names.
Good fun

I saw Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead (2014).

This Australian zombie action movie is not too bad.

It is very uneven, though.

Some parts are very entertaining, while others are boring.

The acting is okay, and the music pretty good.

Most of the action sequences are done well, with good-looking violence.

There isn't much of a plot, and the script isn't all that great, but it's a fun movie overall.

Finally got to watch some flicks. First was a quickie, Robert Benchley’s “The Sex Life of the Polyp”, a 10min short that was intended to be comedic, but while it would’ve been considered risqué back in 1928, was tame by today’s standards even for G-rated humor. Still, it was okay, worth the 10min to give it a shot if you find a copy. His collar seems to be buttoned way too tight, though. :open_mouth:

Next up was an hour-long flick, “Sorority Girl”. Aside from lots of rather nice scenery, it was pretty captivating. Pretty good plot, decent acting, quite a bit of tension. Some of the dialogue and elements of the plot seemed awkward and unnatural, but that was easy to overlook. All in all, it was a really good watch, and the hour just breezed by.

It was fun seeing Dick Miller almost as a teenager with the foofy ’50s hair. Looked kinda like Ed O’Ross. :laughing: And Susan Cabot had a sort of Janine Turner thing going on, too.

Make sure to note the rather drawn-out opening credits. Curious if not puzzling at first, but rather poignant in retrospect. Very apropos.

While I’m swamped with so many movies on my must-watch list, I just found out about, and got, Neil Breen’s masterpiece, “Twisted Pair”, so moved that to the top of the pile. The big steaming pile. It had everything: action, mystery, romance, humor, science, realism, intrigue, suspense, unexpected betrayal, everything you could want in a movie.

Eg, in a laboratory (the sign on the door even said so!), there was a periodic table on the wall. Where do you find that kind of realism in movies anymore? It’s genuine, real, authentic. Neil obviously put lots of thought into the film. He did it all, too: production, writing, direction, music, editing, photography, special-effects, everything. He even played 2 parts in the film, separated twin brothers, Cade and Cale Altair, and simultaneously, in fact!

You’d never think the film had a budget of 50kbux. Never. It came as a huge surprise to me, too. Hell, the Scary Soldiers even had gas-masks! And this is in pre-corovirus times, too. Surely, Neil was prescient. So the poignant message he delivers about the dangers and evils of AI and genetic engineering come straight from the heart, and should be heeded.

Neil Breen is truly an American Treasure, cranking out one huge pile of pure cinematic magic after another. I’m ashamed to say this is the first Neil Breen joint that I’ve watched, but it’ll be far from my last. Just like “Birdemic” had a serious message/warning to humanity, so does “Twisted Pair”. I can’t wait to see what other Neil Breen surprises are in store for me.

Hell, proof is in the ratings, 6.0 on imdb as of this writing, with over 1200 votes. That’s even higher than “Daddy Day Care”! What more convincing do you need? Get a copy, and watch it. Watch it alone. Watch it with a loved one. Watch it with a stranger. Just watch it!

It will forever change your life, and your way of thinking.

Deep in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains in West Virginia, where every man owns a gun and a moonshine still, abides living legend Jesco White, “the dancing outlaw”.
White Lightnin’

7/10
Mike