Which TV show did you watch lastֻ

Cut the chord and threw out the TV 2-3 years ago, i think the last series i watched and enjoy was big bang theory.

I have not gotten into reading more books as was sort of a underlying idea, I think it might be cuz i would have to buy them as the public library, well i can not go there as i dont support public, most things or the way they are executed here.

My TV is a streaming and playback machine. Since I bought it in 2018 it has not tuned into a single broadcast nor been connected to an antennae of any kind.

Regarding books, are you against ebooks and Audible? No library involved there although you miss out on physical pages to turn.

Weird… the premise. Based on a true story, though. Great cast! To rally up these folks, it must be a pretty decent production.

I think i would be able to read a book on a tablet, listening to someone reading a book aloud i could probably also do if the reader was engaged with the task.

But i do also like the feel of a book, even if when i get one in my hand i often tear strait thru it.
Years ago and wanting to know if it really was as awful as some say, i tore thru a English edition of the Quran, and i think i only put it down 2 - 3 times before i was done with it.

I would love to have a good old school library in my house, the idea of that attract me even more now in these internet days than it did 30 years ago.

Regarding streaming, i have looked at the content online, and also browsed my sisters Netflix and Disney + on her TV when i have been sitting her apartment & cat, but really there are not much there i like, there are some mind numbing stuff i could watch, but i feel like i have outgrown that.

Most interesting service i have came across is Curiosity stream https://curiositystream.com/
I do like to feel smarter after having watched a little TV. it is actually where i learned to speak English and German as a child, way before those languages became classes in school.
My Brain for sure have something going with languages, just too bad that was not detected or nurtured during the 9.5 years of school i to this day still call my life longest nightmare.

PS: i got my first TV when i was 45, something most manage to do today when they are 8 though of course here the parents pay for it.

As a child my parents first TV was actually a fancy color TV, which we got i would say around 1969 maybe 1970, i was a small kid for sure. it was the mid / late 80ties before Denmark got a #2 channel ( partly government funded but do carry commercials )
’Back then you be lucky to live in a place where you might get Swedish or German TV on your antennae on the roof, if you lived near the border to those countries, but cable and satellite TV soon followed.

Moved so fast that now, well no matter where i download i can not get the full speed i pay for, and i think when i move to a new apartment so i can get on fiber again, i might go for 2.5 gbit connection, even if the 1 gbit one i have now are rarely maxed out.

Just finished watching Sandman on Netflix.
I enjoyed the story.

I've read some of the comics...

I didn't know about the TV show.

It looks promising.

+1 (+2?) for Sandman. There’s a bonus ep 11 that dropped recently also, in case anyone already watched the entire thing already and didnt know.

well, watched it from a pirate site….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_1:\_Drive_to_Survive

Umbrella Academy on Netflix.
Banged out all episodes waiting for the next season.
Then my TV decided to take a crap on me.
So time to buy a new one unfortunately.

That is definitely a good one!
I have been watching “The Terminal List”. Based on a novel of the same name. ( Jack Carr, 2018)
Sort of a familiar story, bad guys kill family, and pay for it. But with some interesting twists on the theme. Lots of action.

“The Terminal List” is on my watch-list but I wish it had a different lead actor. I have seen Chris Pratt try to portray a military man before and found it pretty unconvincing.

Give it a shot anyway. Ryan Kinel and others thought Pratt did a bang-up job, even calling his portrayal of Reece as the best performance of his career.

Still way way high on my list, but haven’t had the time to get to it yet.

Yeah, I think he does just fine in this one. At least he doesn’t take away from the production.
I do think The Terminal List is worth a watch. I watched the first 4 of ( I think) 8 episodes. Definitely looking forward to seeing the rest.

Finished up Westworld.
Not sure how I liked the end of the series - if it really is the end…

Looking forward to the Amazon “Rings” series. Hope they don’t murder it.
All the Best,
Jeff

It dead. It might appeal to normies who know zero about any of Tolkien’s work, but anyone who knows anything about JRRT or LOTR, it’s an abomination unto the LORD.

From Galadriel Warrior Princess, to Disa the Super-Plus-Sized “Dwarf”, to Hobo Baggins, and Don Lemon, and Eminem, and the rest of the “inventions” added to the tales, uhhh, no.

A friend of mine who’s a hardcore JRRT fan of the books, but still appreciated the Peter Jackson flicks for what they are and how PJ tried to stay true to JRRT’s vision, says that he’s horrified at what he’s hearing about ROP. He’s morbidly curious, but says he’s afraid that what he sees he might not be able to unsee.

What’s disturbing is the statement from Amazon that no matter how well or poorly it does, they’ll still consider it a “success”. Wut?

The soundtrack’s pretty good (37 tracks), from what I sampled so far, but haven’t given it a complete listen yet.

Haven’t heard of Bear McCreary before, but I might have to look him up.

Oh Good Lord…

…especially at around ~2:05.

Yeah, “Don’t read LOTR before watching ROP. It’s fine!”, with subtitle “In defense of the ignorant viewer.”

Yeah, they want to dig up JRRT’s corpse and squick him in the eye-sockets.

No coincidence they’re releasing this on the anniversary of JRRT’s death.

Their hearts are as big as their feet…

Reservation Dogs S02 is really different than S01, but just as good. If you liked Smoke Signals, you’ll love Res Dogs.

Dark Winds was pretty good right up to the last episode. Great dialogue, good acting, then the murder mystery got so stupid, my wife and I both were rolling our eyes and making sarcastic comments at the very end. I’ll probably watch S02, anyway, though.

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of LotR: Rings of power yesterday and it’s rubbish. Was hoping for some quality story telling, but instead you get nice visuals with crappy dialog and completely unbelievable stuff that treats the viewer as an idiot. This is not a Tolkien like thing, no matter what name Amazon sticks on it. Long story short, not recommended.

Also viewed the House of the dragon episodes and that’s actually a good watch. Looking forward to more!

But, “you haven’t seen what I’ve seen”. :laughing:

I thought it was OK. I didn’t expect it to be Tolkien, as their licensing feces them in quite a bit on what they can do.
Also, it is the very early part of plot development. I am going to give them a chance and see how things go for the remainder of the season.
In any case, I found my time spent watching more enjoyable than had I watched anything on network TV at the time.

But, then, I don’t claim to be a critic. I like the majority of things that the “critics” pan. And much of what they love, I hate…