Which TV show did you watch lastֻ

The host and musical guest is a white rapper, so if you don't like rap, skip the musical acts.

S11…

essentially, it is the
same-ole-same-ole.

some “something”
destroys the world.
now what?

Space Invaders, Pandemic, Volcanoes, etc.
of course, i like all of those movies, so….

Thanks… not a huge fan of any rap… Have been left utterly cold by SNL for several years…

Kamen Rider Black Sun, it’s a remake/reboot of old Tokusatsu series Kamen Rider Black.

Rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime to refresh for the upcoming season 3 in December.

Didn’t watch House of Dragons because of how they botched the final season of Game of Thrones. From mostly what I’ve read, I made the right decision.

Forgot which channel it was, probably MyDecades, but whichever one it was, had a marathon of “Hammer House Of Horror”.

1980, but a nice 1970s feel of low-key British horror. Rather soft on the “gore”, mostly ketchup-blood and holding a crossbow-bolt to your stomach kind of gore, which is fine by me. Mostly that low-key psychological horror with a twist at the end of each ep. Rather Twilight-Zone-ish in that regard.

Only 1 season ever came out, unfortunately, but it’s Out There in the æther for your viewing pleasure.

Well, there’s also - YouTube but just goggle HHOH and you’ll find it.

http://imdb.com/title/tt8415836/

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

i watched the first few eps of this. significantly better than the new season of AHS.

This show is on my list. I’m a fan of both horror anthologies and Guillermo del Toro.

CoC and HHoH sound good, have to check them out…

found a 60GB 1080p rls of Hammer House Of Horror. looking forward to it

Well, it’s an entirely different group of people doing HOTD, so it’s kind of silly to be mad at them for what the old show-runners did IMO. I’d rather judge the show on its own merits.

I found some enjoyment in the show, but it definitely has flaws too. The visuals are original GOT-level, and are probably the best thing about the show. The setpieces, the clothing, the lighting, the dragons, etc are all perfect and are one of the most compelling reasons to watch it.

My main complaint (no plot spoilers): I really don’t like it when shows do a jump forward in time where suddenly all the characters are several years older, and this show does it THREE times in the first season alone. It’s jarring (poor re-casts especially) and it makes you not want to invest in the characters because that version of the characters won’t exist soon when it jumps forward again.

I also thought it was incredibly lazy to use the exact same GOT music for the opening, but that’s more of a nitpick.

Yea the time jumps bothered me. I liked the early chars initially…then they went away. IIRC the first few episodes had different music but I could be mistaken. I felt like they used the same music to try and cater to the original fans, but that could just be me

Raw DVD5s or something??

6.37 and 11.34 here, quite reasonable for ~50min/ep shows.

Hammer.House.of.Horror.S01.1080p.BluRay.x264-OUIJA

Now 8 episodes into Season 2 of Big Sky.

Man, there are some really stupid people in this. Don’t you hate that when you see someone about to make a stupid mistake, like whacking someone over the head with a 2x4 then turning around and tending to someone else in the room needing help while they completely ignore that person they just hit? Inevitably they get up and WHACK, hit ’em back. I just hate that. Or someone gets slammed in the head with a shovel, several times, falling unconscious and presumably dead… only to wake up later, just a bad headache (no concussion) and miraculously no big swollen lump on the side of their head. Hate that unrealistic crap.

But aside from those nitpicks, it’s still an entertaining show. Maybe in some ways creating stupid characters is supposed to make us feel good? “Hey, I am smarter than that!” Perhaps…

And the most jarring recast was arguably the protagonist of the show (Rhaenyra.) Regardless of how skilled either actress is, there is simply no way that child became that adult. Her face was a different shape with different bone structure. Age does lots of things, but it doesn’t change your face that much in like 6-8 years.

It’s tricky casting someone to assume an aged version of another actor. But I think the succeeding actor for Rhaenyra is more talented.

Overall, I’m not that pleased with the series. It has way too slow a pace. They get focused on such minutia… and I get it, character development, but I think they’re going a bit overboard.

Well, according to the show runners, no more time jumps. The cast is set for the seasons to come. And now we’re supposed to see combat the likes of which will make LOTR wince in envy. :wink: :laughing:

Well, we’ll see. The fight between Bronn and Ser Vardis was great and exactly what I would expect to see in a show that takes itself seriously. Likewise the brawl with the Hound over chicken was a knock-down dirty fight that eschewed the fancy sword twirling.

But later on we had things like the laughable Sand Snake fight and the ridiculous Arthur Dayne fight. I am not interested in watching lightsaber combat with swords.

Here’s hoping they go with the more realistic approach. :beer:

^ Agreed. For individual hand-to-hand, I’d rather see something more realistic than done way over the top. I think we’re going to see some amazing dragon aerial dogfighting in the next season. I think it’ll end up with a ton of dragon carnage. After all, it certainly seemed like in GOT, there was a long stretch of time with no dragons flying across the lands… until Daenerys got a hold of 3 dragon eggs and nurtured them to hatching.

Good point, there should be some guaranteed dragon carnage throughout the series.

I’ll be interested to see how they convincingly show a back-and forth between the dragons. I feel like a lot of fights should have the riders getting obliterated leaving the dragons to finish the fight. But maybe we’ll see a variety of techniques including defense for the riders or maybe separate duels between the beasts and riders in some cases.

Perhaps we’ll even see battles where the rider is doing ground work and then periodically re-positions with the help of their dragon! :laughing: