Whohoo BLF A6 A17DD Drivers at bangood for $6

So did we ever find out if wight is ok with it?

Or more delicate: Richard, who has done his part in the process too.

Yes ^

Was thinking the same thing.

I have been playing with both versions and cant find a difference in the firmware, however i can say that Richards build quality is far superior to Bangoods. If there was a difference i wish it was a user programmable turbo timer :slight_smile: built a 219c triple with bangood version and found out the turbo timer is a little bit to long. ill definitely need to order a RMM version with shorter turbo timer for this light before i burn the house down.

!!

Wow! Good info though.

RMM’s version has a lower moonlight and instead of having a bike flasher, it’s more of a beacon. Turbo step down is also more abrupt.

I look at it this way…I like to support the folks that support BLF. It may cost a little more but you know you’re getting quality stuff with no missing parts.

yeah, me too.

will order from RMM or Oshpark. also building it yourself is a learning experience.

Ouch! I did the 219C triple with BLF-A6 driver mod too, and even worse, in Rey's titanium host (I wrote about it here, last post #263: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/34275), and definitively the turbotimer is too long, on a 30Q I risked my life (well, ok, my light, =about the same) keeping it on Turbo for 30 seconds for measurement, it survived but I'm not sure if it would have survived much longer than that.

Hm, they also claim they’re selling a “BLF A6 Flashlight Stainless Steel Titanize Body Clip”
They quit answering my inquiries about replacements for the original break-off-fast clips, after offering to send me more of the old fragile kind.
Did they ever improve the clips?

Could this driver be used for a E-switch torch?

I have a Fandyfire Warrior which has a dead driver, it is a 3xXML torch which was quite good

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19809

Would this be able to work and handle current for 3 LED’s (Original XML’s are dead too will fit new XPL hi if I can get NW tint)
Not bothered about losing the battery level LED’s it has would just like it working again as I really like the modes on my BLF A6 just want a brighter torch.

I ordered a few of these clips, if it is like the one on the Astrolux S1, they look a bit better. Not a Olite clip, but improved over the first batch of BLF A6 clips. I will report in when I get them in a couple of weeks….

Hmm, not sure if BG got the proper permission from everybody who’s been involved in the project, but the soldering quality does look a little shoddy.

Bribo, let us know how it turns out! :slight_smile:

I saw this cool thing on The 'Net

It took lots of effort I'll bet

You may not condone it

But I'm gonna clone it

My strategy's not failed me yet

Awesome!

Nope it wont work for an e-switch, my favorite for eswitch is ld-2 it will also allow you to set a max current and will also cut the current back if your running to hot. Yes it handles 3 leds fine, see djozz post above he is probably running it around 10 amps :0.

I purchased some of these over the holidays, and they arrived today.

The one I tested in a Convoy M2 has an off mode, 2 moonlight modes, a low, a high and a turbo mode. The group selection mode also does not work. Any ideas?

In the BLF A6 fix it thread, they took a soldering iron and touched up the solder on the 7135 chip, some had a bad one even.

Check it HERE

cross-reference: BLF A6 FET+7135 Light Troubleshooting and Mod thread - #748 by ToyKeeper