Wich will be your next knife from fasttech?

Photobucket ain't free! :p

As Racoon City said Photobucket aint free, after a certain amount of images or bandwidth you pay.

How much do you pay for it?

Should one just avoid using Photobucket pics in general when Googling around or what would be the right way?

edit: using Duckduckgo.com but it seems to spot the same images :stuck_out_tongue:

Go to imgur, use the upload via the web option not the from computer option, and just reup the image to imgur, that will avoid the use of their bandwidth. Alternatively you could DL the image first then uplaod to the webhost. Imgur lets you avoid that step though.

I use images from commercial sites, usually the sites where I buy the items, then host them on my own account at photobucket this doesn’t cost them anything unlike hot linking and in certain cases, like the GreatWall Outdoor image of the Enlan EL-05 it benefits them by showing their name - free advertising.
I run the images I use through photoshop elements to alter the resolution and image file size and add the text there or using tge photobucket editing tool.
I’ve used photobucket for 8-9 years and find that they suit me well.
First step up from free is $30 p.a.
Second step up is $50 p.a.

Copy the images to your own image hosting site and link to them from there.
Google trawls websites for images and displays them in Google images.
I have no objection to any of the images that I’ve edited being used but I’d prefer that it didn’t come out of my bandwidth allowance, eventually it would use all my bandwidth and all the images wouldn’t show up in posts.

Sorry, I didnt know i will remove the image. I thought it was a free image site, sorry about that.

I have participated in small organised group of enthusiasts (non-benefit).
We have our own server for IRC-shell, TS / Mumble servers, uploading space etc.

Annual cost without BW-limits is around 10USD.
Naturally I have to use FTP to transfer files so probably not the preferred way by many.

I use the webmail for my work, I think it is wise to use something other than Gmail for private conversations :slight_smile:

No problem. Thank you for your honesty, it is quite easy to get the images you want, copy them to your computer then upload them to your choice of image hosting website. I must be doing something right if you used one of mine. :bigsmile:
As I said apart from the obviously poor shots from my phone camera I get my images from the site I bought the knife or use, as you did, Google images, I have no objection to you using that image - just host it yourself please.
The reason I put images through Photoshop Elements is to reduce the resolution to 72dpi and about 600 or 700 pixels wide then “saving for web” I can reduce the file size to <100k, this makes it reasonably good to view, doesn’t upset any sites formatting - running off the edge of the page - and means I get the most out of my allowance of bandwidth.

I feel a bit mean about it as my usage isn’t anywhere near my maximum but I would like to keep it that way.
Anyway I’ve noticed that it’s the wrong model number for your knife, I bought mine from FastTech as well and true to their careless nature describing knives they got it wrong and I copied them.

There are some interesting (but small :frowning: ) knives:

Sanrenmu 7046LTE-LKR

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001877/1557202-sanrenmu-7046lte-lkr-stainless-steel-folding-knife

Sanrenmu 7049LTE-PK

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001877/1557200-sanrenmu-7049lte-pk-stainless-steel-folding-knife

Mention to Sanrenmu GB4-913P, the “perfect” knife for some persons but really nobody buy it… well, it isn’t very popular in forums, reviews… only 1 review in fasttech…
Really beautiful in gray with plain edge, but this mixed edge and black don’t like me.

And there are two new knives that well, it seems good at the eye and bit small but not too too small (tiny type):

Ganzo G618

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001878/1681912-authentic-ganzo-g618-stainless-steel-folding-knife

and

Ganzo G617

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001878/1681913-authentic-ganzo-g617-stainless-steel-half

I can see various new cheap ganzo models but with worst steel (440 and 420) and poor handle ABS. It seems ganzo need low the prices…

All my images are hosted on a powerful server in our basement that I borrowed/begged from my rich sister. Since I disliked all the image hosting sites, their features and interfaces, I just rolled my own.

Every time I go to buy a new knife from Fasttech, I end up ordering flashlights instead. They have probably dozens that appeal to me. Last year I purchased most of their fixed blades.

I’ve got 2 small fixed blades and four folders in the post from FastTech at the moment. A couple of Ganzo G620’s, a SanRenMu B4-762 and an Enlan Bee EL-01AB the satin serrated one, I ordered the EL-01BA all black serrated one from another seller and it’s already here via China Post. Ordered 13th April Delivered 22nd April, why did I know the FastTech wouldn’t deliver first, and China Post shipping knives, not according to FastTech, oh well.

That’s a damned good idea, I have a spare Dell XPS that’s a couple of years old with 2x500Mb hard drives doing nothing and a 30Mb/sec internet access. Should be up to constant online. Summer project!

I’ll be surprised if you get it through customs.
What’s your experience like ordering knives via fast tech to Aus?

Just do it. WAMP installed in like 5 minutes with another 5 to setup, and another 5 to create a sub-domain on one of my dozen domains and punch a port 80 hole in my Asus DD-WRT flashed router. If I wasn’t playing around with some forum software then I might’ve just used IIS instead of installing WAMP. All the photo traffic doesn’t even stress my Comcast lowest-tier connection, and if it does, I could upgrade to business class and more bandwidth with a phone call. Aside from the one day that CC had router issues in my area and I got some PMs telling me my images were loading slow, it’s been phenomenal. Since then I usually reduce the images I post to BLF just for giggles, especially since the image sizes keep getting bigger for every new camera.

Is the answer "to much" enough?

For friends: 1x Harnds 6015, 1x Ganzo G710 (I like my own), 1x Ganzo 707 (I informed him about possible problems, but he want it so bad), Ganzo G704 green (I have all colors and most friends like the green most) - maybe 2-3 and another Navy K633, but also a K632.

For myself: 1x Harnds 6015 (maybe the one will get black, like someone did here in another thread - I have to search for it), Navy K631s (have the plain version and now I want to tst the serrated), second Ganzo G620 (don't received the first one, but the price is hot) and I don't know, if I want the G713, too.
Less money for flashlights at the moment.

The Harnds is out of stock and I get back my money today :(
@Xatu: My friend want the 707. I will order this today. If you could wait 3-4 weeks I could tell you, waht it feels like (this the my usual delivery time - everything arrive within 2 weeks in Germany, but then it takes many days at the import center in Frankfurt or Niederaula (this are the two big import center in Germany), before you get the package or it will be checked by the customs service.

I am interested in the ganzo g707 but it is totally illegal in Spain (automatic knife). I do not know if to buy a g707 or a mora companion mg inox… The same price…