WildTrail WT90 - SBT90.2 1800m+ throw 90mm 3x 21700 With Texas_Ace driver

USPS tracking says my local post office as shipment recieved, package acceptance pending…whatever that means! Mine is a black one, but find it a bit cruel seeing pics post while knowing mine is so close, but still shows no delivery date. I am trying to temper expectations a bit so I am not dissapointed when I point it at the moon and notice no noticable added lumens to the moon surface. I somehow seem to hope for spotlight performance that I remember from childhood at car dealerships from truck mounted spotlights. In reality, my realistic hope is to find that this light is close enough to Acebeam K75 performance to render my desire for that light redundant. I already know that the Astrolux MF05 is both too big, and too costly to tempt me much. A friend actually has an MF05, so I have had one in my hands, but a flashlight that costs more than my 55 inch televisions are just not worth it for me.

WildFire? Did you mean WildTrail?

I measured throw ( @ 30 seconds) with my Mobilux luxmeter, and also with my Extech LT45 (which is a different production run than Tom’s LT45, at least the pre-sets differ a bit, without pre-sets they should measure the same I guess). The 890 kcd was from the Mobilux, the LT45 measured 940 kcd. Measurements were done at 7 meter distance.

Got mine today, well yesterday now technically. I gotta say it is an impressive impressive beast indeed. What initially attracted me to the light was its size. I wanted something big that could finally take some real heat and keep tickin. The WildTrail outer design was a huge bonus. It’s the best looking bigger light of this size I’ve seen. Another huge bonus is that it checks a lot of boxes. Easily over a mile, 2000 Meter thrower and One million candela light, it really is special.

But what I didn’t expect, was that it would make all my other throwers seem dim. It is truly a heavy and penetrating beam. I don’t doubt for a second that it throws way further than all the other ultra quality throwers in my collection (SBT90.2’s included). Easily the strongest beamed light I have.

I feel like I got upgraded way more over my other lights considering it’s still just a single emitter light. It feels like a next-gen thrower for sure and I love it through and through. The reflector is ultra deep too, the LED sits at or below where the button is at least. It sits literally just above the battery carrier, no space was wasted. And I love how yeah it’s big, but not a mammoth. The light just feels like a lion, that big head is it’s mane and the rest of it is all muscle and power, this thing is seriously king.

Thank you Texas Ace for putting in the work and not relenting even after last years delays, you have put out a 5-Star General amongst lights. Thank you also for fighting that the community get a great price, I know I speak for everyone when I say that we sincerely appreciate you.

Thank you WildTrail as well for helping see this through and for producing a well-built high-quality light.

This light is a 10 of 10. Don’t hesitate.

Edit: Oh and as far as diameter of the light conversation goes, this thing is the sweet spot. There is no way a 4 - 21700 battery setup would feel comfortable. I can palm a Basketball and this size seems like right at the edge of comfortable. I can absolutely see a 3x3 double stacked 21700 light like TA suggested. Glad 3 - 21700’s were the final choice, I played around a bit with the light and I still had 4.1 upon battery check. A+ light.

Thanks for the feedback @Lojik! Glad to hear such a detailed response on the first impressions of the light, and especially the high remarks on its build quality.

Happy to help @Artiet. But yeah, I def dig the quality of the light. The bezel and everything pretty to look at feel high quality and smooth. Almost like a pretty engine part that belongs on an Indian or Harley motorcycle.

Oh! that paints a picture for me, I've never owned an old hot rod unfortunately but I grew up around many friends and neighbors That did. This light in silver does have a top end/piston/engine look to it! Really cool!

Many never knew it, but I own a 2010 GL1800 HPN Honda Goldwing, since triked due to disability…It was made in the USA. All Honda Goldwings were for many years made in the USA, but they moved to Japan in 2013. Made in Marysville Ohio from 1980-2010, but were still called rice burners for some reason. Why they never got respect for being made in the USA might have prompted the move. Thirty years they were built in the USA, and very few people seemed to know that. When they moved the factory back to Japan it was produced from 2012 on with tooling moved from the American factory. There was no 2011 Goldwing. Perhaps if we had acknowledged the Goldwing as a USA made motorcycle, they might not have moved.

ah, I remember the goldwing from back in the days when I was more into cars / bikes etc. I used to ride and race MX (briefly, much more recreational riding than racing), always rode a Honda dirt bike. Never knew any of them were made here in the US. The goldwing you could always spot for its size, seemed like a good cruising bike.

By the way…Honda did not close the Marysville Ohio plant….they are now making Honda Cars there. My understanding is they were either going to expand the Ohio plant to make more cars or move the Goldwing production to a new facility to free up space in the Ohio plant. It is a 4 million square foot facility and employs 13,000 workers to make Honda Accord and Acura’s. I hope if another Japan based motorcycle is manufactured in the USA, they will recieve respect for making them in the USA. I worked for 35 years at a French owned Tire factory that makes tires in the USA. If you have Michelin tires on your car or Tractor Trailer, chances are good they are made in South Carolina.

I took a Goldwing for a test drive, on a friend's, and still recall the sheer pleasure. Biggest bike I owned was a Honda 750F, might have been called the super sport at the time. We talk'n ancient history here, like the 70's .

Not knocking Harley Davidson, but I was often amazed that some Harley riders never acknowledged or even knew that my USA made Goldwing was as American made as their Harley Davidson was, and likely with as many American parts. Not every part, especially electrical parts of Harley Davidson motorcycles are made in the USA. I love the design of Harley Davidson motorcycles. There was just for many years, nothing that matched the ride of the huge Goldwing, and quite a few have over 1 million miles on them. Harley Davidsons also were very expensive in comparison, and still are. That is not saying my 20,000 dollar Goldwing with a 10,000+ dollar trike kit installed was cheap. Thirty thousand bucks is still a lot for a 3 wheeler.

I know this might be a stupid question, but I have to ask because I do not know –

How important is it for the three batteries to be 100% matched when using them in parallel like in the WT90?

I have a brand new set of 40t, but I also have three others I bought a couple months ago that have between one and three charges on them total. So, Of the three I bought months ago none of them have been charged more than three times definitely. Is it a bad decision to use those three as a back up set of batteries?

I only ask because of the testing results with the higher amp batteries. I ordered 3 50G (epoch rewrap) which are coming in as a back up set, but now I am more interested in using these other 40t's I have if it is ok.

Any help or suggestions from experience would be great. Thank you

lol, I am trying to juggle too many things. Yes, WildTrail. I have a wildfire light on my desk that I need to fix so must of had that on my mind. :person_facepalming:

I am glad you like it, seeing happy customers is what makes all this worth it!

You will be fine, that is hardly even used. When run in parallel the cells matching is not nearly as important as running them in series.

As long as you don’t toss a full and empty cell together into the light it should be ok. I have put significant differences in voltage cells together and it was quite boring.

That said it is always recommended to have all the cells fully charged before inserting them just in case. I would not worry about even a 0.1-0.2v difference in a pinch though.

This is awesome news, thank you for the info TA!

i had always thought series was more important to match cells than parallel, but i was questioning myself because i just learned some new info about how series cells work and it made me relaize i dont know exaclt as much about how batteries work as i thought lol. I appreciate this info!

I have so many "extra" 21700's and 40t's its a little ridiculous, good to know i can designate a set for this WT90. those 50g's will be good in my numerous osram LED lights that now have 40t's in them.

A PISTON!!!

Damnit…that’s exactly what my mind was picturing but I could not put my finger on it. But for sure, you put 2 wings on the light around the bezel and it’s pretty much the top part of the Piston Cup from the movie Cars.

Thank you, It was killing me.

Avenel, NJ is the place where my K1 stayed for 3 days or so last year. Look…it went from Calif. To NJ in 1 minute!

Must be a customs or USPS sorting facility.Probably get it Monday.

Ninja and Parcelsapp are Not displaying this yet.

good to read that you guys are happy with this flashlight - I just can’t wait for the second batch!