WildTrail WT90 - SBT90.2 1800m+ throw 90mm 3x 21700 With Texas_Ace driver

lol, I totally forgot that I made those PCB’s! I sent them to a few people but never heard back if they tested them so I never listed it publicly.

I think I might still have an extra here but I would have to check, no idea where it would be.

Here is a link to them if anyone really needs one in the future.

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/lLTf9AWg

You do have to swap the springs from the stock PCB and you loose polarity protection as well with this setup, so got to be careful you always insert the cells the right way.

Just FYI about swapping out that mcpcb:

Yes, you would be removing the protections that the stock pcb offers so you would have to be very careful when inserting cells.

Thank you for the heads up TA! considering this is a parallel setup with springs and buttons, one would hope it helps to eliminate any potential battery loading errors. I will take note, but i am not worried about it. especially since (hopefully) battery changes will be few and far between without the parasitic drain issue. I will do my swap this week and report back. Thanks!

Please share your results, i think i used mine the last time at new years eve. (Had it fully charged that day)
Will check it as well.

I will definitely share where the mcpcb gets me with PD. thank you!

I bought mine in the middle of last November, but haven’t used it yet due to some health issues. Should I expect that the issue hadn’t been addressed by WT yet?

It was addressed by WT long before then, the issue is possible old stock floating around.

If they have improved the parasitic drain I would love to purchase an updated carrier.

I don’t think they made extra carriers, guessing they are spoken for for whatever production line they are running but you can email them and ask.

You could use one of the PCB’s I posted a few posts ago to remove all the charging components but it also removes the polarity protection so you have to be really careful when inserting cells.

I think I will email them, doesn’t hurt to ask… do you have any contact info that you recommend? I dont see a website for them right off…

Try sending them a message on the aliexpress store from the OP.

will do, thanks

Would there be any issue leaving the carrier plugged in to a charger until needed?

I don’t think so but at that point might as well just remove the cells from it and keep them in a case until needed IMHO.

OK, just measure the voltage of the cells which were in the WT90.
As said before, i charged them on dec 31’st and may have used it for like 10 minutes or so that day. Since then it had been on the shelf until yesterday, the Molicell P42’s were 3,63V.
(Mine does have the glow effect on the LED as well)

I asked WildTrail if I could purchase an updated battery carrier, they said they are building some extras which should be available in about 3 weeks. They said they would update on aliexpress or BLF when they are available. Sounds good to me.

An updated link over here with new carriers would be nice

It appears they are out of stock right now from wildtrail directly. Might still be some at a reseller.

Thanks TA , haven’t find any on the resellers neither