WildTrail WT90 - SBT90.2 1800m+ throw 90mm 3x 21700 With Texas_Ace driver

Just got mine from Ali.
That's absolutely impressive flashlight from all points of view. It surprisingly lightweight, unexpectedly rock-solid huge and unbelievable bright.
The only thing which puzzles me is that it dropdown brightness from full mode in less than 10 seconds at brand new and fresh charged batteries. I'm wondering is it thermal protection? The flashlight itself is far from being hot, just slightly warm.

Yes, that is thermal protection, it can be calibrated or even disabled in the menu, the instructions should be in the manual.

If you disable it the light will be just fine but be warned, it can get up to 190-200f, so be careful!

I must admit, I find myself loving that silver color version. I am seriously considering joining the group buy for this light. I like the Type C and power bank functionality on it. damn, I actually was also considering picking up an Acebeam K75. But, you guys had to mention this one. Decisions, decisions!

I received my new battery carrier last week. It has the lower positive tabs, which hold the p42a and 40t I use in my wt90 just fine.

I was trying to measure current / PD but didn't know quite how, and kept forgetting to come here and ask all of you.

I see Djozz's method, so I will measure old vs new asap, as I am very curious of the PD difference.

Glad I found this thread. Just went through my battery maintenance schedule (350+ lights… ugh) and found my WT90 batteries at 1.33 volts. Ordered the replacement carrier.

I did charge them at 100ma and brought them back up over a period of a couple of days, not going to trust them though.

@Texas_Ace: FYI, the links you provided for the lights are wrong. The link for the silver brings you to the black anodized version of the light, and vice versa. I just picked the silver version up, thank you for the discount code. I hope is a good one.

lol, thanks for the info, I will fix that.

Incredible light
Got mine today. This is one of those lights that stays with you. Well done.

Triple click to get a voltage reading, it is either thermal protection or Low voltage protection.

Also if the cells are not the best (or there is a bad connection) it is possible they can sag under load to cause LVP to kick in.

I removed the bezel, soaked it in drain cleaner for half an hour, sanded, and polished it for a stainless look. I also just posted my full review.

Neat! Will you need to seal it somehow to prevent a loss of shine? I’m not familiar with how naked aluminum alloy behaves.

I ordered a black WT90 via email (since it's not available on aliexpress for me) about 4 weeks ago. Just received a silver WT90. It looks like cheap garbage if you ask me, even worse than I thought the silver one would look like. But I'd never have ordered the silver one anyway. I'm furious. Not sure how WT will make this right, since I definitely don't want to keep this ugly thing, not even for $50 less. And that's about what it costs to ship it back to China.

Can’t figure out if this is a troll post or real, so far you are the only one with this opinion out of over 1600 posts in this thread.

If you want to ship it back I am sure they will accept a return.

Far as how to deal with it if you don’t want to ship it back, your best option is going to be to re-sell it then.

Not a troll post, just a strong opinion on the raw alu finish. It has really bad milling marks, looks like the cutter wasn't really sharp enough to get a good finish. But hey, that's why I ordered the black version! Don't worry, I've already contacted WildTrail, I do want to ship it back but in my experience chinese sellers usually don't want to cover for the shipping cost so it's going to be interesting what they'll do.

Got any pictures? The milling marks on mine are top notch and look great.

Yeah, sure! Though I guess it's objectively not that bad. I just personally don't like raw aluminum finishes x_x I'm glad they're offering it for all the people who love the raw look, but I'm not one of them ^^

Other then that one section in the first picture where the bit looks like it was a little dull, the rest looks fine IMHO. I prefer the first batch where they were not bead blasted but that was a limited run IIRC.

I like seeing the machine marks personally, gives it more character.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

I would like to buy one of those updated WT90 battery carriers as well, but Ali is (still) not shipping them to Germany. When i follow the link to the product page there is a message that the item cant be shipped to my location (Berlin, Germany).

Is there anyone around here who plans to and is able to order there (so that i could join in)? Or has some BLF member one of those left for sale?

Either way, preferably someone from a country that’s part of the EU, so i dont have any hassle with german customs upon delivery.

If someone could help and get in touch with me that would be uber nice and my old silver WT90 would appreciate it too for sure.

Send them a message at sales@wt-light.com to order directly or you can buy it from https://www.nealsgadgets.com I think.

Unfortunately i cant find the battery carrier for WT90 when searching on nealsgadgets site.

Dont know if its blocked here, but even Google doesnt provide an existing product page.

And thanks for providing the e-mail link! @Texas_Ace
Will try to go that route if nothing else works out.