【Winners announced】【Giveaways】What kind of headlamp do you want?

Cyansky 2022

I use a headlamp when I need my hands free, and I’m in a dark place (attic, under car, outdoors at night, etc.).

Weight is a big deal. I don’t mind an 18650-based headlamp, but one that can take a 14500 rechargeable and work in lower modes with lithium primaries and NiMh AA would be better. I don’t think I’d be interested in a 21700-based headlamp.

I love warm tints and high CRI, and I prefer floody. In addition, a dim, color LED (red?) that doesn’t attract bugs as much as white would be great.

Please, no stupid UI tricks like long-press for off.

I’m not interested in getting one for review but would like to request an emitter of 4000k to 4500k. High CRI would be a big pro. Thanks!

Cyansky 2022

I primarily use headlamps for trail running. Standard 18650 is my preferred size, its the perfect size vonsidering weight and runtime. Emitter should be high Cri. About 4000-4500. Maybe Lh351d? Light weight. And low volume. No magnet. Or removeable magnet. I have no need for Usb recharge. Simple to use. With ramping mode. Bu to most importantly, it must NOT bounce while running.

Cyansky 2022

I use a headlamp for soldering work and night hiking
A dual white/red 18650 headlamp with magnetic tailcap would be great to see, preferablyTIR optics and lightweight

Cyansky 2022

Thanks for this giveaway, I love love love headlamps!

I look for high CRI, ~4000K, and a wide smooth beam profile without too much of a hotspot. This is suitable for illuminating close-to-medium-range work, being able to distinguish colors, and have a good sense of contrast. A headband that doesn’t fall off easily when working in awkward positions is also helpful.

Cyansky 2022
High CRI, small, light weight.
18350/16340? With an extender for 18650.
I use a headlamp primarily for close work, or just in the yard at night.
A dual led, one mule, and one with a replaceable optic.
No blinkey modes.
Single headband with a silicone holder.
Ramping brightness with shortcuts to moon and high.
3700-4500k.
Simple, right?

Cyansky 2022
I use a headlamp mostly for close-up work that uses two hands. I like 3000K-4000K color temps. If it has multiple emitters like HS6R, separate buttons for each emitter would be great; mode memory, click on/click off, double-click directly to high, hold to ramp (maybe taking about 5 seconds from moonlight to high), or from off hold the button down to reach moonlight directly. A headband with over-the-head strap. No blink modes needed. Unlike many here that prefer 18650, I don’t need long runtime so I’d rather have AA/14500 compatibility for a lighter weight unit and for the ability to use my NiMH Eneloops.

Having to hold a button down to turn on or off is a big negative for me. All my other lights (except one Wurkkos) need only a brief click to turn on/off, and muscle memory wants to do the same thing every time. I dislike the Wurkkos for this reason.

Cyansky 2022

I’d like lightweight, floody, smooth beam, NiMH AA powered would be nice (or 18650), ability to choose brightness of each mode and to make max mode hidden becasue up close too many lumens washes things out or blinds you. And low cost.

Built in charging of course.

Cyansky 2022

I’m pretty easy to please (at least with my “ideal” headlamp):

Fairly wide-angle pebbled TIR lens.

4000K-4500K.

hiCRI might be nice.

firefly/low/medium/high (press/hold for firefly, click for last-used, 2click for highest).

NO BLINKIES!

Bonus to be able to unscrew a collar and replace the TIR with standard 20mm TIRs.

Cranky 2022!

I just like the thrower angle light/headlamps. Something with a medium to tight spot, and some aux leds would be amazing. Anduril 2 has me spoiled on it lately ..so that would be the best UI for me. Maybe a sexy back lighted button? Real talk tho, I'm happy with anything. #allheallampsmatter

High CRI and a very bright red.

For cyansky 2022, I look for high waterproofing (either hidden charging port or no charging port), removable from head strap for in-hand use, 21700 preferred, “long throw”, compared to flood, with small red LED aux to handle low light or helping find the unit when the main beam is off. Magnetic end is nice also. Thank you for doing this kind of research.

I like a headlamp with a moon mode and a good UI.

Cyansky 2022

Low lumen, or moonlight mode, medium and high.
High CRI LEDs for primary and secondary LEDs, with same CCT for both.
Lightweight housing, with rear mount battery.

Cyansky 2022

Importantly, the attached headstrap should be COMFORTABLE. 18650 and bigger batteries are heavy, so the headstrap needs to accommodate this extra weight.
The light should have moonlight to high ramping or steps on both high CRI white and red LEDs. It needs to be operable with one hand.
A magnetic base is VERY nice to have. Onboard charging is also a big plus in my book. Hotspot should be fairly diffuse with smooth transition to spill.

A headlamp with amber instead of red, no strobe, screw access on usb-c charging (or something without a rubber boot on the top), some kind of aux light, low to high (hold for moonlight), and a sub-lumen moonlight

Cyansky 2022
I appreciate a light with a higher CRI option, 4000k, 18650 or 21700 cell, prefer USB type C charging.

Thanks!

Cyansky 2022

When would you need to use headlamps?

When I need both my hands for other stuff. Working on projects, shoveling snow, crawling around

What kind of headlamp do you want?

tir flood 30-45* high cri warm

Headlamp with a more standard/simple ui. Hold for moonlight, hold to change brightness, double click for turbo, 3 hold to switch emitters(if they’re there), strobe and blinks should be hidden.

Cyansky 2022

I work on vans and trucks often inside buildings and a warm light with good CRi is better for making out wiring loom colours.
I have a Armytek wizard and think the easy clip in and out holder is a great idea if I need light somewhere behind the dashboard.
Good brightness is handy when you drop a small nut and need to find it in the floor
And the ability to go for 8 hours on a charge with reasonable brightness. I’d guess I use 300lumen level mostly.
USB C charging would be handy if need to give it a charge while on site as well.
For the usage I have more floods light is better as it’s all close up work.
A set number of levels is good so I know level x will last a certain runtime to get through the day.

Thanks for the giveaway

Cyansky 2022
rechargable, one high cri and one red led, long life time, no need high lumen for a head lamp, easy and user friendly ui. that is all for now.