WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!! Giveway: Imalent SA04 & XinTDx3 (OP updated)

I just love your voice, always interested but never too excited.

I have a USA adress….

I’m in! I usually don’t like video-reviews, I prefer text+pics but I liked this review, interesting flashlight.
I’m from Sweden.

@mhanlen I like your videos, they are always shady post apocalyptic with grey brown tints athmospere
Seems you have been attracted by few imalent products at least more than others.
What I like about your videos is the constact impression i get from your dog quickly walking ahed of you, seems it’s trying to escape from you in a subtle way…lol ….it’s a male huh?
I’m from ITALY, would be nice to try the SA04, i’m in

I end up looking at your video reviews again and again they are really unique, you blend in some humor and another thing that I enjoy of your videos is that you actually show us using the flashlights around your property and streets. I’m from Canada.Thank you for all the effort put into those reviews, always wanting some more :bigsmile:

Your video reviews are unusual - not pure facts with take a look her and take a look there bla bla. You make interesting videos with a lot of beamshot and moving action - walk around with the flashlight and this is much better. Does anyone use a flashlight to to make beamshot on a white wall? No, we use it as a tool in many situations and this is, what your video shows.

A con: Where are the zombies in the video ;)

I'm living in Germany.

I liked the caboose cause trains are cool! 8) I’m in the U.S.

I liked reviews with a dog walking at night lolol

I’m from Malaysia

Thanks for the review/giveaway

Best for me was the dog walking part. Not because of the dog, but beacause of using the light in a real setting. Not that it’s very informative, but still something I don’t get to see in other reviews, also a nice filler while you talk.
Not USA here.

Thanks for your REVIEW and the give away !

Loved the sense of humor, content is terrific, your pooch needs special mention and more treats !

I don't think many of our members realize the time and effort, accuracy and level of understanding (flashlight, video/audio and computer skills) required to produce this kind of information.

Reviews like this are what BLF is about, sharing of ideas.

Thank You !

I'm near Chicago, USA.

another vote for “felony mode”
I do watch your video reviews and I do give an f for moonlight.

Seattle, USA

Love your reviews. Reminds me of Regular Car Reviews

Deadpan tone and nice, dry humor that you miss if you’re not paying attention. Both of which I enjoy, but they also lend an air of credibility to the review. No flash, no drama. No tossing flashlights off buildings to test the ano or shock durability. Bleah.

Anyway. Dig your reviews, hope I win.

Beer can grade aluminum. Chuckle.

The part about changing the tint.

Since, no one is commenting in the review thread … I figure I’d post once here and say thanks! A few things I’d like to address.

-Grover the dog, is not my dog. I was dog sitting for him for a week for my father in law. He is terrible on a leash and pulls like that anytime anyone walks him. Also he loves cheesebread. And yes he is the mastermind behind these reviews.

-My reviews are not as technical as others, but since there are so many other great technical reviews, I decided to do something different. But where they are a lot more technical is the technique used to make them. I have to worry about color temperature… set up lighting, balance lights for daylight, worry about using IR filters, changing the shutter angle so the OLED screen doesn’t flicker, and make sure everything is in focus. These videos actually landed me a gig doing Youtube videos for a retail site. You can see them here and here. So in a way, BLF was responsible for that. You can see my first terrible video here.

-I record the voiceover, convert it to MP3 then play it back on my iPhone so I can do the mode demonstration in realtime with my voiceover telling me what to do.

-I like using the light in natural settings, because that’s what we all do with lights right? Ideally we don’t sit down and make graphs. I use video techniques that allow real comparisons between lights, and allow you to see how a light actually behaves during the duration of it’s runtime. I figure it’s way more interesting to see night photography than my face talking or my hands on a table top. Plus, I’m learning better camera techniques as I go.

-Anyway I am on the list for the pass around review for the M43 Meteor. So expect a similar treatment.

Thanks again everyone! Feel free to post in the review thread if you have any questions or would like me to respond to a comment.

Love your review. It is (sometimes quite technical) infotainment, wrapped in a story that feels a bit like looking at a river flowing effortless into the ocean. I think it took a lot more effort than meets the eye. Also compliments for your sidekick, the old faithfull K9. Without the presence of the dog, the leading man could be just any other flashlight wielding person. The light isn’t too bad either. Certainly could use one like that, even without the law-and-order bit.

I’m in for the lights. I admit to liking your dry wit and humor on your video(s). It is intentional, right? :open_mouth:

country = USA

Thanks for doing the giveaway!

Excellent review, comparisons and demonstration. Great job, mhanlen! Your reviews fill a need … the tech reviews done by others are very good but, your videos with the revs, comps and demos [and humor :slight_smile: ] complete the picture (sheds more Light on the light :bigsmile: )!
Your reviews will now save me time (from doing multiple website research) and gas (from driving over to the ‘store’ for hands-on testing). Thank you!

I’m in for the light(s); from the good ol’ USA.

Hahahahah! You’re funny :smiley: “It runs off of four double A batteries and not dragon tears”. WTH? Dragon tears?? lol. 2) “I guess you could use a finger if you want to, but it’s easier to use a thumb, I’m not here to boss you arround”
I live in Trinidad but, have a US shipping address :smiley:

Dragon tears, now that would be one difficult power source. I’m watching Game of Thrones at the moment with Daenerys Targaryen and her dragons.

I do like the humor. But I’m going to have to throw in another vote for Grover, the dog! Sorry man. :smiley:
First I thought “Hope its not a long video I’m being made to watch :~ ” Then Saypat mentioned a dog! :bigsmile:

usa

You did a great job showing how the screen and buttons worked together (albeit confusingly), something that most reviews hint at but don’t really convey.

It was also good to see the SA04 in-hand to give a sense of size.

I’m in, thanks for the opportunity.

Count me in, the US.

Nice video review, I hadn’t seen a touch screen flashlight before. I guess I need to crawl out from under my rock more often.