Would this be a good thrower? Nitefighter F30B

Seems like maybe not many people have this light, searched the web and not much information out there other than the one thread here on BLF. Looking for a decent thrower, would this be it? I really like the simple minimalistic design of the this light. Any other opinions on the F30B is also welcome. Thanks!

Not exactly a thrower - head is a little smaller than a C8.

Depends how far you need it to ‘throw’… do you have any specific requirements?

Welcome to BLF!

C8 will throw better…

Thanks!

No specific requirements, just really liked the design of light and thought ‘hey I could use a thrower’. When you say C8 is it the Convoy C8 you’re talking about? Any other good budget throwers?

No, its even worst than X6

I ordered a piece for evaluation - it came with a glued battery body( glued to the head) - mindlesses gluing i have ever seen
Otherwise the oxidation is good, reflector too

If you like double switches, you could try the tactical brother of the Convoy C8, a Convoy L4! It was my first light FYI

Yes, a Convoy C8 will throw further probably. Also, the “2000 lumen” advertised are non realistic at all. A good looking light nonetheless, with (seemingly) a good UI too.
As far as stock lights are concerned, probably the best C8 style light is the XintD one (even comes in XP-G2 flavour, for maximum throw), for which I advise to buy at intl-outdoor store as they sell the best driver version and have other options too (tint, led type).

HD2010 would be even better choice for a bit more $ but that light requires some work to reach its full potentials… You can use it stock thou…

Bigger the width of the reflector, better the throw. Also a 'thrower' will have an SMO reflector, not OP (SMO's better throw). Of course other important parameters, but the stock COURUI D01 throws really well. GearBest is one place with a good price: http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_85126.html. In gray also.

Just fyi - there's more info on the F30B over here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32415.

I got mine apart - no glue on mine from BangGood. The driver retainer ring gave me a hard time only because it's CW to loosen (reverse threaded). Bigger reflector than a X6 or D80, slighter wider in I.D. and deeper than a D80, much wider in I.D. than an X6.