WOWTAC A4v2 and A5....Opinions and Alternatives Please.

Hey all.

I had my daily use light croak on me. Now I have to pick out something to take it’s place. I do t keep up with what’s out there or the latest stuff, forgive my ignorance please.

I’d like to keep the price at $50 and under.

As I was just doing a look around on some of the sites that sell and on YouTube, I came across a couple that looked really nice, the WOWTAC A4v2 and the A5. The beam videos did look impressive. I also like that you don’t have to remove the battery to charge it.

I’d like to know what you all think of these as a general use lights. Are they a good value or are there others that are just as good or better for a cheaper price?

Any info you want to share is appreciated
Thank you for your time.
Larry

well……
questions:

1. is rechargeable required?
2. $49.99 or less including shipping/taxes?
3. willing to wait on China?

Hey.

The plugging in of a usb cord to charge is a handy feature for sure, but not mandatory. I don’t mind waiting on the shipping from China. If it went a bit over $50, I wouldn’t mind that much as long as it is a nice light!!

Any recommendations you can give will be great!
Thank you.

I’ve got the A4 V2. I much preferred the first version with 2x18650s.
The V2 is a nice compact light, BUT the switch in nearly impossible to find in the dark by feel alone.
You end up trying to push on the charging port cover which is what you feel when fondling the light.
If ever a light cried out for a lighted switch it is this one.
It also doubles as a branding iron. My sample gets rocket hot. And I mean hurt you hot in turbo and on high.
Mine stayed in high longer than the specs called for and the total run time was shorter accordingly.
If you are looking for a pocket thrower, there are better choices.
I did a review here:

For a pocket thrower, that’s a little bigger in the head, I like the Sofirn C8G (1x21700). Or even a C8 with one of the newer small die LEDs.
But as long as you can live with the tiny switch and the heat limitations, it’s a throwing fool in a little package.

The Sofirn fits your budget but has external charging:
https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Flashlight-Searching-Emergency-Included/dp/B07QGDX13B

All the Best,
Jeff