WTB: incandescent flashlight (surefire, modded maglite, etc) that can run lithium, or parts for swap

i’m looking for an incandescent light that is either modded to run lithiums or has the potential to run lithiums. prefer one that is ready to rock but not opposed to doing it myself. if you have parts to help me swap a maglite such as metal reflector or a battery adapter, would also be interested. thank you - chris

Depending on the size and output you’re looking for, you could get a P60 host (Modded Surefire 6P, Ultrafire, etc). There’s plenty on Aliexpress (lots of knockoff surefires) as well as cheap word-fire lights. If it fits an 18650, that means you can use a 9v bulb (Surefire P91, Lumensfactory EO9, etc) with 2x 18350 lithium batteries. Just be careful, as there is obviously no low-voltage protection.

Alternatively, Lumensfactory also sells some bulbs meant for 1s Li-ion 18650 lights, but they are much lower output.

I’ll be building something similar with a cheap ultrafire host (WF-501B), and the Lumensfactory EO-9 bulb (claims 380 lumens) on some Vapcell M11 18350 cells (10A CDR). You might also be able to find a 2x18650 host that takes P60/P90 bulbs, but that might be harder.

Kaidomain P60 host and 3.7V xenon bulb.

I have a Solarforce L2P with the P60 xenon drop in. Relatively inexpensive. My only issues with incans is you have one level. I wish you could have multiple levels like led lights.

They have either 18650 or 21700 models. Then select the right P60 drop-in.
Maybe one of these:
http://kaidomain.com/3_7V-12W-or-15W-Xenon-Bulb-Drop-in-26_5mm?search= drop in

Many of the drop-ins let you add an E6 host for something like $7.00. The link above shows a couple of different hosts for around $7.00 if you scroll down. I haven’t tried either the 501B or 502B so I can’t comment on them.

I have a few of the E6 hosts, both in 18650 and 201700. They are decent hosts. I have not had any problems with them.
Nothing premium, but solid for a budget host.

Problem with the 3.7v bulbs is they’re pretty low output. 9v bulbs are way brighter, and work with 2S lithium. There’s also a few bulbs specifically made to run on 2S lithium with incredibly high output.

1 Thank

I’ve been pretty happy with my Solarforce L2T(?) and KD 3.7V bulb, maybe 200 lumens on a fresh cell.

Somehow assumed all the xenon drop-ins are all be same wattage/brightness and just have different voltage requirements. A 2S setup is tempting, but all my cells are unprotected nowadays and I’m a bit leery of running series lithiums…

I can imagine why, thought it should be fine if the cells are well matched, especially if you’re not charging in-light.

I might be on the dangerous side by running unprotected cells, but for me an incandescent light is just a toy that I mess with for a bit and then put away, and protected cells aren’t often available in the low-IR that I want. For actual use I’ve got plenty of LED lights, some that are very close in CCT to a hotrodded incandescent.

Also, if you’re going for it all, you can use a 1000lm bulb on a 3S setup. I would’ve gone for it, but the M6 barely fits 2x18650, and 16650 batteries aren’t really available nowadays.

1 Thank