WTB P60 copper triple pill

This type of drop-in is not full height.
Smaller part does not enter battery tube. This part is not for entering battery tube, it is just place for spring.
If light has CR123 only tube, how do you imagine to use 17mm driver inside?

Could these be made to use the Khatod PL115106?

I’d be interested in one or 2 either way but I’d prefer the khatod quad.

I dont understand why most of you so mad about khatod quad. Is anyone tested lux difference with carclo in the same config?
Carclo is 24mm upper edge. Khatod is 25.4mm. Hole under glass lens is almost 24mm and carclo sits perfectly.
Khatod quad requires more height, this means that near hosts top it also requires more id and seems that it wont fit simple drop-in with straight enter (part of drop-in should have conis surface).
I defenetly wont make it for khatod.

I've only seen pictures. The khatod obviously has a tighter beam and more throw. If we use the 20mm quad T PAD from cutter it seems the only thing one would have to do is thin the khatod pegs to fit in the head cavity.

I found this image on Google after searching "quad optic for P60". Seems like it should be no more difficult to make a shorter version for the khatod.

The reason I'm so "mad" about the khatod is because I like the tighter, throwier beam.

When you say "mad" I assume you mean I "favor" or am "infatuated" with it?

I mean that most members are saying about more throw with khatod, but nobody have measured it.
Design of drop-in on photo you have found can be used with big gap between host and drop-in. I want to make drop-ins for tight fit, and they should have bigger OD at top to press it until this edge will contact hosts top.

It’s not about understanding but simply accepting that there’s a desire for something different. It could be due to better fit in some hosts or that 4 LEDs are more efficient at the same current than 3 or that someone just likes it more for a hard to express reason. There are enough of us here that just about any excuse I likely to be the case. If you don’t want to do it then don’t, no need to justify it any more than anyone else. If you are asking in order to improve a client’s level of satisfaction then that’s different but it doesn’t come across that way. The phrase”fish or cut bait” comes to mind and in this instance implies that you either make what you want to make and see how many bite or cut bait and make what the fish want without questioning the desires of the fish. You’re under no obligation either way and neither are the fish.

Guys, dont spent your time in writing me long messages. They are too hard to understand for me.
If you want to have something useless and you are the only one who wants it, of course you can order it. But you should give complete drawing, messages like “make spacer for triple xph50 inside convoy” will never get result.
I have asked members about p60 drop-in for long time. Those who wanted it sent some info and helped with dimentions. I have made 2 samples with my own changes, have listed photos and said that I was wrong about 2 parts design (but it works in X5 well). Now I have suggested to make drop-ins for exact host to have best fit. The only thing we need to decide - is it necessary to make drop-in little higher to have place for gitd o-ring, or it won’t be visible in quad. Will check this right now.

Hello Everyone!

I've mentioned in the past, as well as on other forums, that I've begun selling blank solid copper light engines. If so desired I could also sell them with electronics installed. I have the following solid copper blank pill/Light Engines for sale immediately:

• P60 - The P60s shown below are made by Brian Fellhoelter. I'm out of those, however, the ones that I make are the exact same dimensions - $39
    • Easy to modify my design to accommodate a 24mm Quad Carclo optic. If you mention it ahead of time I will machine the modification on my lathe prior to sending
  • E Series - Was designed for Surefire Incandescent Hex Heads; Will also work in Aleph A19 heads - $49
  • AAA/10440 Surefire Titan-A & Titan Plus - $39
  • Sinner's - If you have one of Sulman's 18650/18350 Sinner flashlights where the pill screws into the head (Unpictured below) - $49
  • Convoy S2+ - $20
  • COMING Later This Week- Blank & Fully Operational Light Engines for; Mac's Tri EDC, Hanko Machine Works, Okluma
    • Fully operational light engines for Sinner, Mac's, Hanko & Okluma will all have 17mm DD FETs unless otherwise discussed prior to purchase along w/ your choice of triple LED
I'll cover all PayPal and insured shipping costs. (paypal: myron.bartko@amerigroup.com)
Questions, shoot me a PM or email (not paypal address)- myron.bartko@thebartkogroup.com. The above is just what is available now or will be available this week. If there is something custom that you'd like made, shoot me a message and we'll get it done.
Thanks everyone!

There have been copper p60 sinks made to fit 20 mm triple noctogons and Carclo optics. None have been sold to fit Khatod quad optics and until just recently there weren’t any copper dtp quad boards(and few of any kind at all that could be modded)to fit that optic so comparisons have been hard to come by. It is a reasonable assumption that the deeper TIR elements of the Khatod quad might focus more output into the spot and increase throw but without a board to fit both we couldn’t know for sure. Now that the cutter boards are available some kind of apples to apples testing can be done. Simple eyeball tests show that the Khatod has a narrower beam than the Carclo but whether it does it efficiently enough to result in better throw is still unknown.

updated my post to include pictures and offerings. ;)

Yeah I understand wanting to make it a good tight fit and making 3-4 different sizes is a good idea but what you just said about the top being a bigger diameter and pressing in to the top edge of the host could cause problems with heat buildup. That wouldn’t make a big enough path for thermal transfer on a quad. (Thermal bottleneck)
I believe the tried and tested method of properly wrapping the drop-in with copper shim material is the best method. There is way more contact area when wrapped compared to what I think you are implying with the larger top diameter. Just having the top edge press fit to the host is IMO not sufficient for a triple or quad. It would also make shimming very difficult or impossible if the drop-in has a taper at the top edge.
I would rather it be a couple thousandths small and then be able to get the press fit with a full shim.
FWIW the tightest host I have is the Solarforce L2C. It measures 22.4155mm ID. With bezel installed the depth from the bottom of the lens shelf to the bottom of the drop-in cavity is 28.7274mm.
I also measured an Solarforce L2P and it pretty much mirrored the L2C just a frog hair bigger on the dimensions.