WTB: Wildtrail D80

Thats it, thats the post.

Does it have to be a Wildtrail version of the D80? Not a BLF Special Edition?

1 Thank

Oh, I didn’t think about that, what is the difference?

I do not recall the differences, sorry. For that matter I do not recall the driver or emitter info on the BLF special edition D80. I have 2, both modded… They would both be available to buy. They have not been out of the cabinet in years. I’d have to think about price or would consider an offer. Description below…

*#1 has a Mtn electronics 20mm DD driver and an XP-L emitter. *

*#2 has a Mtn electronics 20mm DD driver with the LDO option for use with two cells in series and outputting 6 volts. It has an XHP50 emitter. This D80 can be configured with two body tubes to accept two button top 18650 cells. It may also be used with just the single tube with the red band and two 18350 cells. *

Way back when the BLF D80 project was developed the first batch of lights had body tubes which were too short fo permit use of button top 18650. A special run of slightly longer tubes was made and sold for a couple of dollars apiece and that allowed button top cells to be used. I discovered that a long tube and a short tube were the correct length to allow two button top cells to be used in series. As it turned out, 2 button top 18350 cells could be used in a single long tube.

1 Thank

Oh my goodness these are absolutely amazing! Other than them not getting use, the specialness of these 2 pieces make me believe they would be out of my price range… lwt me know what you come up with, does the xplhi take 1 18650?