WTF?

These cells only work with a ‘Magnetic control ring of fire’ :bigsmile:

Marc.

lol

Most of the market wouldnt have a clue, until I came here I didnt (still dont really). Its easy for each distributor to go with something that seems to sell, and steal that name, or something that to them appears similar. You could tell people all day long dont touch X brand, and all they will remember months later when they see them is someone told them about that brand, and more than likely lean toward it as the brand to choose, not avoid, especially when a lot cheaper than say a Sanyo or Panasonic protected, and claiming to be better capacity. Most peoples eyes glaze over when you talk of torches, even if they exclaim when you fire it up, they still just want to hear they can get it at some local store.

We’re an odd bunch.

Can’t see anything wrong it’s just a

Dyslexic chinese type setter at the the battery label print factory

He’s probably already been sent for re education :open_mouth:

Maybe they just have a sense of humor and feel obligated to give us a laugh.

It’s like counterfeiting a 1$ bill, if you’re going to go to the trouble why not do 100’s :smiley:

And his organs saved a few lives too.

Does that come with some flaming hot sauce?

filled with gasoline with built in “strikes anywhere” match?
we do have a whateverfire hall of shame thread here somewhere.

Actually I had exactly one of those (Ultrofite) and it worked alright. I put it in the Opus charger and it measured I believe it was 1250 mAh, not any worse than any other cheap chinese 18650. I had it without use in a box for half a year and it kept its charge fine. I gave it (with the necessary warnings) to Hestbech recently.

Oh, and Krono posted about this brand before: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27418

The Great-List: > - The great list of "****fire" Flashlights.

You are correct, but is ultrafire that well known that it needs to be renamed to a similar but different name?
Since they are knocking off a knockoff why not just use the same name as i am sure their competitors do, its not like there are trademarks or courts in china that care about trademarks (and if they did passing Uitraflrc for Ultrafire would be an obvious slam dunk case).

Look its our fault, we started off with surefire.

When the had that translated they figured we have to sound better then “sure”, and off the races they went. It never dawned on them that when their batteries catch fire, the markeing game will be over.

now I guess you could say they are too big to burn.

Company ‘A’ sells two brands of cheap batteries, Company ‘B’ sells two brands as well, all things being equal each brand has 25% of the market each, this being 50% for each company.
Now company ‘A’ introduces a new brand, the market shuffles around until each brand has a market share of 20, however Company ’A’ now has three brands so 60 of the total market, and poor old ‘B’ now only has 40%.

Simplified, you bet, but the market share is what it is all about, and the company with the most brands will make the most profit in the cheap budget area, and this applies all across the market, how many different brands of cigarette’s did the few tobacco companies make in their hayday?

Cheers David

If I was Surefire Id be considering a name change lol. Note, considering, not necessarily doing. But it is the problem and why such matters have legal redress in advanced legal systems. This damages Surefire too, let alone brands capitalising on XFIRE brand. Like I said, average people get confused, they just remember something fire. It is only those with a special interest that will know at a glance the difference.

Why the subtle yet not so subtle lettering changes happens as opposed to a completely different name?, good luck with that.

I’m sure Surfire’s head honcho’s have laughed & smirked at the attempts of the many, many , many Chinese cloners, re-namers, copiers, and attempts to get their pie, but they know as we do that pretty much every Chinese light with the name “**fire” is going to be a cheaper lower quality below-budget light. Unlike the better brands that actually build great lights like Sunwayman, Nitecore, Olight, Thrunite, 4sevens, Fenix, etc. which created their own brand names without trying to sound like sure “fire”.

The lion, sleeping on the forest floor, hears the monkeys chattering in the trees and is not disturbed.

PS: “dandy if birds pooped candy” …… “Uranusfire”…… ??

There must be some kind of “back story” there!

:party:

back to lurking…

Now THAT’S funny!!

I’m thinking Benicio del Toro in the Usual suspects. :slight_smile:

Marc.