WTS: Acebeam W30 LEP in Cool White

I’m in AU get most of my production lights from liteshop, OP is dreaming or hoping to land a sucker.
Asking almost double retail….

I believe it’s the latter. If you look at his eBay posts all the lights are marked up significantly.

Less than AU$420 with shipping included? That’s how much it retails for brand new in Australia.

You’re asking for twice the retail price with AU$840 (AU$750 + AU$90 registered post) on your eBay Australia listing Bruno for the Acebeam W30 LEP CW.

This your post on scumtree for 410AUD?

Good find Oweban!
Ofcourse its an asking price, he might end up selling it for a ‘normal’ price :sunglasses:

See the flashlight community at work worldwide !!!
Some sucker will pony up the $$ unfortunately, bit of an idiot posting that here.

Hi everyone, please be respectful of sellers (and everyone else) on this forum. There's no need to resort to name-calling.

these are the prices sold on ebay, just following the market.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acebeam-W30-4000K-LEP-Flashlight-500-lumen-brand-new-Only-1-left/274652014853?hash=item3ff2892905:g:WwoAAOSwrxBfOy5s

The marketplace is the spot where supply meets demand, and the price is set accordingly.
If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it, or don’t sell it.

EDIT: and for those who do not know how to add an image, this LINK

Seller must have mixed up Budget Light Forum with Candle Power Forum

SB, i’d like to take a stand here.

I know whe should respect eachother, have fun, no name calling, etcetera.
But this reeks a bit shabby, since personally i think the asking price is absurd, which makes me give the feeling that the seller does not respect the BLF code of conduct as well.
He asks 750 AUstralian dollars, and additional shipping costs, when you can buy it brand new from Liteshop for 419 AUD, with warranty and free shipping in Australia?

Well, be what it may, I’m sure nobody would buy it if the price is so inflated. Simple silence in the thread would make it sink into oblivion, plus no arguments and no disturbance to the peace. That’s really what I have in mind with most moderating decisions here. But of course I also do encourage everyone to follow BLF Rule #8 as well:

Discouraging or forbidding anyone to comment anything but an offer tends to heavily favor the seller to the detriment of the buyers, who are denied knowledge necessary to a fair negotiation. (Such as the important information that you can get this brand new for much cheaper with a warranty and free shipping.) To further emphasize that it’s not only the duty of the buyer to seek out information elsewhere, but that it’s actually not even the duty of the seller to avoid expressing misinformation seems to clearly indicate that the site very much condones attempts to profit off of fellow hobbyists’ lack of knowledge so long as they refrain from rude language while doing it. Needless to say, this is a worrying message.

I fail to see any misinformation from the seller in this case, please correct me if I’m wrong. A high price is not misinformation, it’s simply a high price, and as such I trust users’ intelligence just as they would do in any other buying situation.

First of all, I don’t profit from any of these sales. This isn’t a paid classifieds section.

Secondly, other users have posted what they consider to be a fair price in this thread, and those posts have been allowed to remain.

Finally, the BLF Rules make it very clear that shady or illegal activity is forbidden here:

Clear attempts to take advantage of BLF users by shady individuals are publicly revealed, as can be observed in this warning thread that is prominently sticky’d at the top of the Want to Sell category:

And just to be crystal clear about the intent and spirit of Rule #6 I just added the following to it:

Any admins around to clean up this derailment of a sales thread?
It’s like a free for all in these parts.

There's just one admin on BLF (sb56637) and he's handling it.

Yea I can tell :wink:

I’m definitely here. My intention with this post was to stop the personal insults, which are indeed completely out of place. But if by “clean up” you mean remove off-topic posts, no, I generally avoid doing that. The first reason is that staying on-topic is not strictly required or enforced here, it’s just sort of the easygoing culture that has developed here over the years. And in this case if I were to remove certain posts it could be seen as unfair promotion of the seller’s offer and/or suppression of other users’ viewpoints toward my moderation decisions. So what’s been posted here already will stay, but I am requesting everyone in this case to please stay on-topic from here on in this thread. All legitimate concerns about the seller’s asking price and all comments about BLF policies have been aired sufficiently.

There are 510,204.08 things for sale daily on line that I look at every day, that I do not buy, for various reasons. But, if the price was agreeable to me, I would buy them. So, I silently do not buy them. Silently. No what I think, no what I feel, no what I have observed. Just no nothing from me.

Maybe the seller likes the light, but if someone else really wants it a lot, he is willing to part with it, for a certain price, that he asks. Not for a price that 47 people think that it should be, for any reason why they think that should be that price.

March, 2009, someone paid USD$414,000.00 for a 1870-CC Liberty double eagle graded NGC AU55. I did not buy it, because I think it is only worth USD$399,000.00. I did not bother to create clutter by explaining why my correct final determination is correct. If the price was right for me, I would simply buy it. If not, just simply not.