WTS: Cerakote services

Put me down for the white list please.

I don’t know about everyone else but I prefer darker colors over bright ones.

Zombie Green !

The NRA Blue looks brighter tgan the Ridgeway :slight_smile:

Subscribed, this is great! I’m going to have to look at colors. Ooh-boy!

Good to hear the X6 fins are doable.
I’m thinking that small fins like on many Zebralights are gonna be a no-go.

Actually, the look of Cerakote in photos depend a great deal on the lighting.
Here’s how NRA Blue can look like under strong lighting.
For reference, it is based on the shade of blue in the NRA logo. :slight_smile:

Jesse James Civil Defense Blue, anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:
And Robin Egg Blue for the ladies. :bigsmile:

It just depends how deep the fins go

Any takers on sniper grey?

Well, since we’re going all out with the colors - How about Newborn Baby Diarrhea Yellow? It’s my favorite! :stuck_out_tongue:

…too much? :Sp

Ummm just a little lol

Do you have any pics of items with the Magpul FDE color? I saw 3 different
Magpul FDE “tints” on the Cerakote site

Below are all Magpul FDE done by me. Lighting makes a world of difference in how the colors appear. I can assure you side by side they are all the same, but look a little different from each other in the pictures

I’d like to contribute my recent experience with n10sivern’s work, particularly his Cerakote service. Last week I received a Uniquefire UF-1503 he modded for me.

Specs on the light: Emitter was replaced with an XM-L2 U4 1A, dedomed; FET direct driver with guppydrv UI; upgraded Omten switch; spring bypass; potted pill; and all new, better quality o-rings. Finally, he Cerakoted the entire light in Stainless.

A preliminary picture of the coated light appeared in his first Cerakote interest thread; at that time the bezel and tailcap were still black. I requested the entire light be done in Stainless, and the result is excellent both in appearance and finish. I do a lousy job of posting pics, so I’ll ask n10sivern to post his pic of the completed light. I spent some time in the automotive coatings industry so I’m a bit picky when it comes to finishes. I have no issues with the finish on this light. It’s a metallic finish with no swirls or uneven spots.

As for performance, n10sivern says the light pulled 4.87A on a fresh battery, putting out 56,100 lux at 6 feet. I have only a Mark One eyeball for measurement, but I’ve collected lights for 9 years, many of them built by the best modders at CPF (this is my first modded light since coming to BLF), so I’ve seen and used more than a few lights. This one exceeds my expectations.

In addition to the modded 1503 I have both a stock UF-1503 and a stock UF-1504. All three lights were loaded with Sanyo IMR18650 cells. Naturally, the modded 1503 blew away the stock version, which is a pretty good thrower for its size. What I did not expect was for it to blow away the much larger 1504. I live a mile high in the mountains in the high desert of Arizona, with hillsides to the south and west and a BLM valley to the east. About 100 yards to the east is a high-tension tower. I check throw by lighting the top of the tower, as well as homes from 200 to 400 yards away on the tops of the surrounding hills. Sorry, no beamshot pics.

Despite the much warmer tint from the dedomed emitter in the modded 1503, compared to what appears to be a nice, probably 1A 6500k tint from the stock 1504, the mod significantly out throws the 1504. The tower is lit more sharply, with better definition; where the 1504 will throw light on the hillside homes, the modded 1503 lit some so brightly I had to keep moving the beam around for fear someone might decide to investigate the light’s source with a ranging shot (I live right off the appropriately named Sharpshooter Way). HUGE grin factor.

I’m a bit of a tough customer and have no hesitation in recommending n10sivern’s modding and Cerakote services. Thank you for a great light.

Add me to the white cerakote list.
Is their an orange list at all ??? If there is add me there too. I have two small lights that could look good in white and one orange.

I already have orange. I will add you to the white list.

JeffN, thank you for the review and compliments. I appreciate it. For those that care, this light put out 187kcd at 30 seconds with it’s dedomed XM-L2 U4 1A using a Sony VTC5.

I would be in for white as well, well two tone anyways (black/white).

How does this coating work on parts that meet IE; tail to body body to head, and the tailcap boot. How thick is the coating? Does it contain heat or conduct it?

Electrically conductive parts are not coated as Cerakote does not conduct electricity. They are taped or plugged to prevent being coated. Coating is approximately 0.5-1mil thick. I believe the gun cerakote is not meant to specifically retain or transfer heat. They do have some formulations for automotive industry that are heat retainers by design.