WTS modded M2 quad, Luxeon V, stripped ano, lighted switch

Full build details in my original mod post:

Ano has been stripped and sanded. I did not polish it and it intentionally looks ‘well used’ with a bit of ano in fins and nooks with sanding marks etc. Threads still anodized so it locks out manually.

Will take new close up photos tomorrow.

SS bezel, big copper spacer from kiriba-ru, LED4Power mosX linear FET. This is a hefty light. Can be set to full FET or 12A turbo and it will maintain that for a long time.

LED is Luxeon V (4000K CCT), the highest lumen quad you will fit under Carclo optics.

Lighted ice blue tail cap with all springs bypassed.

$85 shipped, US only.

Newer closeup pictures:

I´ll give it a bump cause this light is gorgeous as it is :open_mouth:

Thanks. It might be too niche of a mod for most people but it is a very good/sturdy light with the options chosen. Long regulated run times and can take the heat.

Price dropped by $5 to see if I get any new traction. Otherwise, this one will probably stay with me :slight_smile:

Last bump

Any guess on what the output might be?

When I first modded it here is what I measured:

Constant Current 12A setting: 4,000 lm
Direct Drive setting: 5,385 lm (@ turn on)

It will do 4,000lm for over a minute too, it’s got some serious heat sinking.

Sounds right, the D4 with Luxeon V starts at over 5k… steps down a bit quicker :wink:

I think this is a very good deal especially with that big copper heatsink from Kiribaru. Heat transfer and thermal performance will be better than other quad lights on the market. I already have a copper pill from Kiriba-ru but never found time to get to modding it so I won’t be buying this one.

Just curious did you measure the CCT and tint on this one too? I wonder how it performs compared to the XP-L HI

Free bump and questions:
Do you have any photos of the “interiors” of the light (spacer and all that stuff)?
Also is it a 17 mm driver or a larger one?

EDIT: Thanks, just re-read the thread (this and the other and have my answers :wink: )

EDIT 2: Thanks for the reply below :wink: I need to check “spacers/pills” and other things to mode my Amutorch VG10! Hence, my questions :wink:
Thanks and again, good luck with this incredible light :wink:

No pictures of the insides at the moment, only found some from when it was having a lye bath :slight_smile:

It’s the 17MM LD-B4 12A with the FET/temp sensor on MosX MCPCB (with bleeder for lighted tail). The tail switch is ILC-0 from LED4Power too. I reamed out the spacer hole a little to fit all the wires. The way kiriba-ru designed this one has a centering ring for the spacer and O rings above and below lens. It keeps everything in place nicely but is a bit unusual since it’s not just a spacer.