Wurkkos FC12S (side switch version from FC12) what do you think?

Wurkkos FC12S (side switch version from FC12) what do you think?

Definitely…when you can find sft40s…

I would get 1 OD green and 1 purple please!

have booked a large quantity from the manufacturer

Like a SC31 pro? I don’t see the point

Except the UI may keep same as sc31pro, FC12S is on the basis of the FC12, use SFT40 LED ,more throwing, will add magnet tail and reverse charging

I can take or leave Anduril, but the developer, TK, has stated that v1 has been deprecated, is many patches behind, and going forward v2 should be the only one considered for use, so heed that advice at least if the decision is made to proceed with it.

Given the relatively low capacity of 18650s, which limits its utility as a power source, perhaps other than in emergency duty, so I don't see much point in adding a reverse charging feature. I'd rather see such effort and cost put toward improving the fundamental, primary functions of a flashlight, such as optimizing the regulation and efficiency of the driver. Even more so if it's going to be positioned as a "Pro" model with fancy UI.

Colors options are always welcome.

I think that FC12S (side switch version from FC12) is not necessary model. FC11 is good enough light. May be SST40 5000K version for more power.
It will be better to produce FC12 with 21700 battery.

Side switch being able to turn the light on-off instead of only changing modes would be great.

The question is, which option is most desired?

A) Side switch works always, regardless in which condition the tail switch is. That would require a dual-tube design like Acebeam's T36.

B) Side switch only works when the tail switch is in "on" state. That would be some kind of "soft-off" mode like Sofirn's C8F or SP70. Downside is parasitic drain in this soft-off state.

Its fine as it is . I much prefer the option B, we don’t need more clutter when there is already a button dedicated for that!

I like that. Also please add OP reflector as option over smooth one.

To cherry pick the suggestions thus far; I like the idea of a proprietary side switch, SFT-40, Anduril V whatever, magnetic (or non-magnetic low profile) tail cap, expanded color options, and 21700 capacity. I personally would not make use of a ‘reverse charging’ option, and agree that driver regulation is paramount.
You’re on the right track. I’d assuredly be a player if it comes in around the $30 USD mark.

I have trouble finding the on button in my FC11 by feel.
Can the button light be on when not in use so it’s easier to find?

21700 version with side switch, we planing update from TS21, use reflector instead of the triple TIR Optics, combine the two models seems a option too

I like it, just add neutral LED! I do not like cold

I don’t like sideswitch-only lights. I prefer tailswitch.

The only things I would do to improve the FC12 is widen the head and reflector ~2-3mm to be in line with the width of the heatsink for even more throw, add crenelated bezel, and add regulated driver. I’d pay $45-60 for that.

And keep the purple. LOVE the purple! I’ll probably buy a 2nd FC12 if you release other cool bright colors like green, blue, orange, red, etc. Especially like a lime/bright green would be cool.

If I wanted a sideswitch FC12, I would have got a FC11 or sofirn SC31.

Now, a tailswitch TS21, THAT would be cool! And in purple too! :slight_smile:

Carlco optics work much better than a reflector and produce a much better beam in more compact lights. Reflectors have too many imperfections and harsher transitions on the outer edge.

Why not make a version of the TS21 compatible with carclo optics? Far superior beam wise and gives the options for users to use different optics to find different beam patterns to suit their needs.

file:///C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/10508-60523_Rev-4B_Customer.pdf

yes, single LED TIR edition TS21, good idea

Just purchased a purple one with battery from wukkos.com. An extra 15% for only $25.49. :smiley: