Wurkkos Flashlight Diffusers Size and Fit

[copied from my post in r/flashlight on Reddit]

I purchased all of Wurkkos’ diffusers, both to find the best fit for my flashlights (most of which are non-Wurkkos brands), and to provide people with the diffusers’ specifications, since there was no way to know the size from the information on the product pages, and the flashlights they are intended for do not always make sense.

– Performance, Construction, and Fitting –

All of Wurkkos’ diffusers are a simple dome made of a stretchy, translucent, silicone material that does a good job of diffusing light. They do allow more light out the ends than the sides, so a more carefully designed diffuser would be more efficient as a lantern. But for the price, these are quite adequate.

The diffusers have a matte finish on the outside and a glossy finish on the inside. The silicone is 2mm thick, and can reasonably easily be stretched onto a flashlight that is up to 3mm larger than the diffuser’s inside diameter (except, possibly, for the diffusers smaller than 25mm). The largest two diffusers could probably stretch easily onto lights that are greater than 3mm larger.

A diffuser fits best when it is 0.5 – 2mm smaller than the head of the flashlight. This gives it a snug, secure fit and is easy to mount. (Working the diffuser onto a flashlight that is 3mm larger takes a few seconds of careful effort.)

– Specifications for each Diffuser –

I measured the diameters as accurately as I could, usually by measuring multiple times in different directions to confirm my measurement. For the largest two, which were too floppy to form a perfect circle, I inserted a card stock spring into them to hold them in round shape.

Diffuser for TS21/FC13 (white and orange version available)
Product Page: https://wurkkos.com/products/wurkkos-white-diffuser-for-ts21

• Inside Diameter: 25mm (confirmed by a Wurkkos rep)
  • Insertable Depth: 32mm
  • TS21 head Diameter: 28mm (from specs; tight fit) [discontinued]
  • FC13 head Diameter: 29mm (from specs; if correct, diffuser will be difficult to mount)
  • If the TS21 and FC13 diameters are correct, this diffuser would barely fit the TS21, and would be rather difficult to work onto the FC13. The WG-DIF28-WH-1 diffuser for the TS25/TS22 would fit both lights better, but will be only barely snug on the TS21.
  • Can fit the Emisar D4V2 (28mm), but, as with the TS21, is a little difficult to put on because it must stretch by 3mm. This does give it a very secure fit, though. The WG-DIF28-WH-1 diffuser for the TS25/TS22 (27.5mm) fits much more easily, but has a less secure fit, so it may be prone to being pulled off accidentally (it won’t fall off easily, though).
  • The orange version is not good for lighting, as it is not very translucent, but it would make a good signal wand.

The diffusers below are from this product page, which has a selection of 6 diffusers: Flashlight White Diffuser For TS10/FC11/FC12/TS32/WK40/TS25/TS11/TS12

These are in the order they are listed on the product page. The 2-digit “DIF” number in the SKU model codes is the inside diameter of the diffuser in millimeters (rounded up). The one exception is the TS11 diffuser, which is off by 1.5mm.

Diffuser WG-DIF20-white for TS10

• Inside Diameter: 20mm
  • Insertable Depth: 39mm
  • TS10 Head Diameter: 21mm (from specs)

Diffuser WG-DIF24S-white for FC11/FC12

• Inside Diameter: 23.5mm
  • Insertable Depth: 31mm
  • FC11 Head Diameter: 24mm (as measured)
  • FC12 Head Diameter: 24mm (from specs)
  • Fits the FC11 well. Easy to mount and decently snug. Creates a good suction seal against the flashlight bezel and takes a bit of pull to get it off.
  • Fits the WK03 perfectly! Easy to mount, and good, secure snugness. (Head diameter: 24.7mm as measured and according to specs.)
  • Note that the product photos showing FC11 flashlights wearing this diffuser are actually showing a smaller diffuser, perhaps the one intended for the TS10. The actual FC11 diffuser does not stretch much at all when mounted onto the FC11, whereas the photo shows a good deal of stretch. The same goes for the photos of the FC12s, which have the same diameter.

Diffuser WG-DIF62-W-1 for TS32

• Inside Diameter: 62mm
  • Insertable Depth: 30mm
  • TS32 Head Diameter: 62.4mm (from specs)

Diffuser WG-DIF39-W for TS11

• Inside Diameter: 37.5mm
  • Insertable Depth: 28mm
  • TS11 Head Diameter: 40mm (from specs)

Diffuser WG-DIF32-WH-1 for WK40/TS12

• Inside Diameter: 31.5mm
  • Insertable Depth: 29mm
  • WK40 Head Diameter: 33mm (from specs) [discontinued]
  • TS12 Head Diameter: 33mm (from specs)
  • Fits Emisar D1 and Noctigon KR1 (both 35mm), but is a little difficult to put on because it must stretch by 3.5mm.

Diffuser WG-DIF28-WH-1 for TS25/TS22

• Inside Diameter: 27.5mm (Wurkkos rep reported this as 28mm)
  • Insertable Depth: 35mm
  • TS25 Head Diameter: 32mm (from specs; if correct, diffuser will be very difficult to mount; the diffuser above, for the WK40/TS12, will fit much more easily)
  • TS22 Head Diameter: 28mm (from specs)
  • Fits Emisar D4V2 (28mm) well. Not quite as tight as I would prefer, but not loose, and will not fall off. Creates a good suction seal against the flashlight bezel and takes a bit of pull to get it off. May come off if withdrawn from a tight pocket. The TS21/FC13 diffuser is a much more secure fit, but is also a little difficult to work onto the flashlight because it must stretch by 3mm.

PS: Wurrkos’ " luminous circle fluorescent silicone anti-skid ring decorative rings" do not glow well enough to be very useful. After 30 minutes they are very dim, and at an hour they are barely visible except in a very dark room and a few feet away. They continue glowing at about that brightness for around 8 hours. They don’t really serve as a substitute for a lighted switch or aux lights as I hoped, but they can be helpful for a nightstand or camping light.

5 Thanks

Very informative. Thank you.