Wurkkos Headlamp H05B questions

Thinking about buying a bunch of these to gift to family/friends: [Clearance 35% OFF] Rechargeable Headlamp H05B, Powerful Head Light with 18650 Battery, 3*XPG3 White LED + 2*Red LED

I like it because (a) it’s cheap :rofl:, (b) has built-in USB-C charging and the port is ‘inside’ the tailcap head, so should be well protected re: water/dust, (c) has both white and red leds, (d) can be purchased as a complete kit with battery, headband and charging cable, and (e) is sold by Wurkkos (albeit they do not manufacture it and state it clearly, I have had nothing but great service from Wurkkos).

My questions:

1. Is it the same as Sofirn’s H05B?
  2. Does it have LVP (Low Voltage Protection)?
  3. Is there an in-depth review (a la 1Lumen, ZeroAir, TacGriz) anywhere?
  4. Does anyone here have direct experience with it?

TIA!

EDIT: tagging our man @Wurkkos_Terry in case he can help answering the above.

Wow, $14.99 or $15.99 is cheap!
My favorite headlight is quite a bit more expensive.
I hope you like your H05B headlights. :+1:

1 Thank

Got it my man. Let me reply everything I know.

1. The Rechargeable Headlamp H05B is sane as Sofirn’s H05B.
  2. The H05B doesn’t has LVP. If keeps using it continuously, it will cause the 18650 battery to reduce to low than 2.6V. So please remember charging it after the button becomes red light.
  3. There is only some YouTube reviews now. Like video1 and video2
  4. I think it is more suitable filled by other people ; )

Hope my answer could help with you :grin:

4 Thanks

This part here -

means it would not make a good gift for friends and family. At least not with the battery it comes with. You’d need to buy a protected battery seperately and it may not fit this headlamp

2 Thanks

Maybe, that needs to be determined based on the purpose and budget of the gift. It’s not bad for those who charge their mobile phones on time every day.

There’s your tagline!

H05B, It’s Not Bad For Those Who Charge Their Mobile Phones on Time Every Day™

1 Thank

Great service as usual, @Wurkkos_Terry ! Thanks!

Are you really sure it doesn’t have LVP? Because yesterday morning (before your reply) I asked the gentleman that made that video2 and here’s his reply:

Hello sir. I think it has LVP because I used to turn it on until the battery is low. It blinks to warn low battery and then shuts down sir.

“blinks to warn low battery and then shuts down” looks pretty much as having LVP to me.

So, can you please check again? LVP is really important to me because, as @Jeffgoldblum aptly stated, non-enthusiasts can’t be expected to be careful with recharging.

If it really really has no LVP, can you please tell what’s the maximum battery length that will fit in it? I ask because then I will try and get a protected 18650 for it.

TIA!

Thanks for the thoughtful response, Jeff!

Agreed. No way I’m gonna gift something potentially dangerous to non-enthusiasts.

Just asked @Wurkkos_Terry for the maximum battery lenght, and meanwhile I’ve checked Parametrek for what’s available in terms of protected cells, got this list sorted by length: Parametrek Batteries

The smallest is the INR18650MJ1 PBT from LG, which seems to be the well-known MJ1 (which I already use and love) plus protection circuit that, according to this ZeroAir review, ends the discharge at 2.5V: “Discharge End Voltage: 2.5V”

As the total ignorant that I am re: protected batteries, I gotta ask: isn’t 2.5V way too low for the protection circuit to end the discharge? Shouldn’t it be 2.8V, or at least 2.6V as Terry stated?

TIA!

2.5v is fine. Ideally youd charge a little earlier. 2.8v is better. But its not dangerous. The first time it hits 2.5v it’ll bounce back up closer to 3v in a few minutes. Capacity and cycle life tests usually use a 2.5v cutoff. It would be worse to keep turning it back on again and again after the first LVP shutoff.

Yep, I’m sure. Because the standard LVP is automatically shuts down if low than 2.8V.
I tried once, it suitable maximum 70mm length 18650 battery.

Thanks for the data, Jeff… So the MJ1 PBT looks safe to hand over to my muggle relatives in a non-LVP light like the H05B. Will take that into account! :+1:

Thanks Terry for your answers!

Two more questions:

1. What battery exactly does Wurkkos send with this light if I choose the “with 18650 battery” option? I mean, what capacity and max discharge rate, flat or button top, and is it protected or not?

2. does the H05B work with button-top batteries, flat-top batteries, or both?

A wurkoss branded one, 3000mah. Unprotected button top. It’s this one.

Itll work with unprotected flat top too. Idk if a protected button top will fit, I don’t have one in front of me to try

Edit: just saw where wurkoss said maximum length 70mm. That’s about the length of a protected button top. Give or take. Might fit

1 Thank

Yep, thanks for your kindly help. The “with 18650 battery” Wurkkos official option means 3000mAh, max 3C or 9A discharge rate, button top but un-protected unit.
And the H05B could both work with button-top batteries and flat-top batteries. Length best longer than 65mm

1 Thank

Thanks @Jeffgoldblum and @Wurkkos_Terry for the perfect answers!

Looks like my bet for my muggles relatives/friends is for me to get these H05Bs without any batteries, and equip them with the protected LG MJ1s (button-top 68.4mm) I depicted above.

Taking care of the logistics for that is more complicated, but my folks deserve it :slight_smile:

1 Thank