Wurkkos TD01C vs TD01

Hello everyone. Here’s my review on Wurkkos TD01C vs TD01. Is the upgraded TD01C better? I have an answer in this vdo. Thanks for a good place to share content. Please subscribe :blush::pray:.

7 Thanks

I have been playing around with mine. I think my main nit is you can’t 2C the side clicky into turbo. The tail clicky is long travel and very smooshy on my two samples, I can’t 2C it reliably for its turbo / strobe shortcut.

Excellent video, and perfect real world comparison. Thanks for the great work you do.

This is an excellent video review. New one wins by a lot.

Got the TD01C today. The hot spot is so sharp you can cut it with a knife. The throw is a cross between an Osram and a SBT90.2. Add the buck driver and you have a winning combination.

1 Thank

Love this!

Do you have an IF22A? If so, how does the beam compare? I’m try to decide if it’s worth twice the price.

I dont have an IF22, at least I dont think I do.

1 Thank

I looked it up, the head on the Wurkkos is almost twice as big so I imagine that contributes alot to better throw.

1 Thank

I have both. They serve different purposes.
The IF22A has a great general purpose beam that reaches amazingly far. It’s UI and efficiency are holding it back though.

The TD01C has a hotspot much smaller than the IF22A, and thus reaches much farther, at the cost of general usability - it is clearly a dedicated thrower. Yes it has some usable spill, but the hotspot is too small to use it while walking on a trail. You will want to stop and aim it at what you’re trying to spot. It has a great UI and a good driver, so it’s a great light.

If I could only have one light on me while hiking, I’d pick the IF22A. But if i had a general floody light on me and I am looking for a secondary thrower - the TD01C is worth it’s money.

In fact, I like the TD01C that much, I asked Terry to create a IF22A-sized version of it. If you too think that is a great Idea, please mention that to him.

2 Thanks

I have 2 IF22A as of yesterday.
I’m seriously considering picking up a TD01C now, Thanks!

1 Thank

You may also want to consider picking up an L18 and swapping an SFT40 into it. I only have the L35, but plan to make this a future project because I love the build quality and UI of the L35.

Possibly someone with an L18 could share about their user experience compared to the TD01C (or L35)?

1 Thank

Hello. What do you think about the new version td01c sft40, 3000 k? Will the throw distance be much less?
I ordered one today. I will see what he is capable of.
Before that, my top was wurkkos TS30S Pro.