Wurkkos TS10m putting on the included clip

I notice the clip takes a good amount of pressure to press in place. Am I going to scratch up the anno while pressing the clip in? What about turning the clip against the body? Will it scratch off the anno? Long run turning the clip or removing/reinstalling? Don’t want to have a beat up look alike light. Otherwise, what’s the alternatives?

The anodization will scratch, as it will do with most other flashlights.

1 Thank

You can try putting plastic drinking straws on the arms of the clip when installing it. I’ve seen that trick to avoid installation scratches with other lights, but I’ve never tried it with the TS10.

1 Thank

Am I going to scratch up the anno while pressing the clip in?

yes but the scratches will be hidden under the clip

however, I do not use the stock clip, I prefer the Lumintop EDC05 clip. Others prefer the optional long black clip that Wurkkos offers

What about turning the clip against the body?

I avoid doing that, the clip options are all tight enough that it tends to stay in one place.

If I plan to test install and remove a clip, I use some shrinkg tubing:

(Wurkkos offers a long black clip similar to that Olight clip)
The long clip rides on the head, and will scratch the head when changing batteries, unless you make a point of lifting the clip during battery changes.

2 Thanks

How about rubbing some candle wax on the inside of the clip arms. It may slide on more easily and avoid any scratching.

To protect the body from scratches when rotating the clip, I’ve used a short piece of heat-shrink tubing.

nail varnish to suit. I use it for paint chips etc on my mtb - more for maintenance than aesthetics