Wurkkos TS30S + monster LED SBT90.2 = $60 4750lm 1km SUPER-Thrower. Comparison w/ TS30S Pro & other lights incl. the :-) insane 13000 lm Nightwatch Valkyrie. (Summary & measurements on P. 1)

Only a few bucks but I am posting this because I know it always feels good to know you’ve got the best deal: 10% off at $61 and free shipping with free gifts.

@ Fritzzwicky, I hope this rights the wrong for you :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:. If I priced it correctly, this is truly THE lowest price that any TS30S has been priced. Lower than anyone of us has ever gotten for even the old TS30S. The free gifts, diffuser and nylon holster, take this to probably around $55.

I don’t think you will ever see this price again once the sale is over. The code WKMB10 is supposed to be if you buy “more than 1 unit” but I tested with just the TS30S Pro and it went through. Anyone pls correct me as needed.

1 Thank

I am tempted, @cannga, but I did want one with a battery included. Those are apparently sold out on the Wurkkos website. Hmmmm. (But not on Aliexpress? Strange.) I know you recommend just going without the $3 battery, anyway, and spending the extra money and ordering a different battery. If I do go that route, do you have a recommendation and link to a place to purchase? Is it really worth the extra expense?

1 Thank

The go to battery for a lot of people is Samsung 40T because it has super high discharging capability (~35A spec) and good capacity (4000 mAh). For SBT90.2 it came close to Nealsgadgets Secret Formula Lishen LR2170HP, which costs a lot more around $10 plus IIRC and has only 2800 mAh capacity (not good).

10% output gain is HUGE at any level, let alone 4000 plus lm. 40T basically annihilates Wurkkos battery. Please feel great that you are not getting the Wurkkos - it’s like getting great Swiss chocolate instead of supermarket ones (although I like all chocolate). The Flashlight God is giving you a sign that you are going to be a nutty hobbyist like me :man_facepalming: :yum:.

I buy many of my batteries at this trustworthy store, maybe get a couple to ease shipping charge pain, since this might not be your only 21700 light (there are Convoy S21D with Nichia 219b 4500k and Convoy M21F with GT-FC40 4500k):

1 Thank

I didn’t see anything that would indicate that it comes with an AR lens.

I have Samsung 30T, 40T, Epoch P45B and the Wurrkos 21700. I still wonder if I should be using the P45B, The Samsung 30T, 40T or the Wurrkos in my TS32 or My new TS30 Pro when it gets here. I’ve gotta be careful with this Flashaholic thang. If I ain’t careful, I could wind up spending over a Grand in one year.

$1000? I don’t think is necessary. IMvHO no more than $250 would cover lots of ground of beam profiles, LED types and color rendering, flashlight types and outputs that I would like to see, for the budget conscious:
Wurkkos TS30S Pro (type: super thrower)
Wurkkos TS32 (type: ultra bright 15000 lumen, Nichia 519a 5000k )
Convoy S21D 219b 4500k (type: that Nichia 219b rosiness that no other LED has matched)
Convoy M21F GT-FC40 4500k (type: mid thrower EDC all around light with high CRI and great tint)

I discussed more details in this post here (4 lights I would buy were I to start new), just my opinions/YMMV of course:

Did you say a grand per year or per month?

1 Thank

They’ve now bumped up the price $11 on the Wurkkos website. Glad I got my order in.

Yep. In the couple of hours it took them to respond to my message asking if a TS30S Pro WITH battery included would be in stock soon, they raised the prices. :person_facepalming: Update: I just snagged one from Ali with a battery. After coupon\code action, just too sweet to resist. Tracking number issued in less than a day. :metal: Now I can start pondering an upgrade battery to order. I see another thread here about an A shipment of Molicel P45B … ha!

1 Thank

I suspect it was a mistake on Wurkkos’s part. With inflation and being a new light etc. $55/$61 before gifts doesn’t look right. Especially because $68 (what I got it for) is already the lowest for a SBT90.2 light.

Congrats to buyers at that cost and sorry if my price analysis caught Wurkkos’s eye and caused the correction :slightly_smiling_face:.

Yeah new TS30S Pro has non-AR lens it seems. So main difference from old is larger reflector (more throw, likely slightly smaller hotspot) and Anduril 2. I expect spill to be same. Still “best” thrower on market for size and cost.

Just got my tracking number. Yessssss.

1 Thank

I use highest current discharge battery (30T for example) for measurements of throw and output because I would like to show max possible limits of the lights.

But in actual use I don’t care too much and don’t mind at all the low current but higher capacity battery that would give me longer runtime. Wurkkos and Liitokala are ok for me.

Overall probably Samsung 40T is the sweet spot. High current, good capacity.

1 Thank

Am I missing something, shouldn’t the new model be $10 more? How is Wurrkos supposed to make any money? You dont think the new model takes money to design and bring to market?

Seriously, dont you want to keep the company you love and respect in business?

1 Thank

Yes grade A P45B from Liionwholesale. AFAIK/supposedly will be less than the $13 that we see now, but still won’t be cheap. VERY high current capability and high capacity: 45A and 4500 mAh specs.

I think the SBT90.2 LED in our TS30S PRO will fall in love immediately. :slight_smile:

1 Thank

Bet it’s another FET+1 driver for low sustainable output. I’m completely over Wurkkos choosing short high lumen bursts and design over what’s most important. The FC13 was a complete fail with all 3 options only sustaining 2-300 lumens.

Small light, low thermal mass, with FET, are you surprised? I don’t have FC13 but have you tried to raise Tmax to 55° C?

I raised Tmax of all my Anduril lights from factory 45°C to 50-55°. That’s the only way that they could come close to for example Convoy’s sustained brightness.

BTW the new Convoy S21F has much “softer” algorithm than S21D. External temp much lower (vs S21D 60°C) and sustained brightness still good but not at S21D’s level.

Yeah, I just don’t increase the thermal limit when making reviews. Most other brands have the limit set to 45°C so really, you shouldn’t have to increase the limit for a decent out of the box experience.

I’ll be working with Simon to change the Convoy drivers to stepdown lower at X temp so they don’t get too hot. Turbo steps down at 50°C to High/35% and then there’s no further reduction. I’m going to push for a 2nd stepdown if the flashlight continues to heat up to 60°C down to Medium/10%

1 Thank

That’s interesting. Re. “most other brands” may I ask which other (non Anduril) brands have their Tmax set to 45 C?

Really curious about that because I have non Anduril Olight, Nitecore, Fenix and I am not sure but don’t think they make known their Tmax setting?

Geez, now I need to panic buy some Convoys because for some people the light gets too hot.
Same with Armytek, the V3 had great sustained brightness, reviewers cried it was hot and now the V4 gets barely warm and has shit sustained brightness.

Are you saying that 87°C isn’t an issue on the 4X18A after 30 minutes? 1Lumen and Tac Griz among others have an issue with the extreme temps on some models. I’m a Convoy dealer in New Zealand and it’s a massive problem.