www.brightnite.com.au Australia online seller + discount code

And we are always looking for the best price…
From one Ben to another, best of luck with your buisness mate.

lionheart_2281

What do you consider a reasonable premium to purchase the torch from a local retailer ?

Are you sure about this? Who do you send it to if you have a problem?

I had some issues with a Fenix MC11 (two of them actually, the original and its replacement) that I purchased last year from Manafont. Fenix wouldn't help at all and told me I had no choice but to send them back to Manafont. Even then, they did nothing but dick me about over the problem.

(The issue was an odd one where the light would not come back on if the tailcap was unscrewed while it was switched on - or the battery died completely when it was on.)

Jim at Manafont was extrememly helpful and I ended up getting a credit for the light and the return postage, but only after months of backwards and forwards emails between Manafont, Fenix and myself. I got nothing but "formula non-answers" from Fenix and no-one with enough command of English to be able to test the proposed third replacement light to see if it would have the same issue.

By contrast, a 5 minute phone call to (edit - a local vendor. Sorry bright nite, bad form to quote another shop in your thread) netted me exactly the same light, hand-tested by the guy on the other end of the line and exhibiting no sign of the problems I'd had with the first two.

I've heard great things about Fenix online but my personal experience of their after-sales service was a big thumbs-down. I'd be unlikely to buy another one of their products unless it was from a local vendor.

Thanks lionheart. It's a bit late for me to worry about it now but it might be a good idea for you if you plan on spending big money on one of their lights.

I asked about a local return point when I first contacted Fenix customer support and was pretty much told that it wasn't their problem. They effectively said that I should purchase locally next time and that they couldn't help me.

Anyway, I guess we are getting a little OT now. But in my case, it was one reason where buying locally would have been (and was) beneficial.

Well been lots of good discussions the last couple of days. I am always interested on what peoples thoughts and opinions are.

That is understandable and no hard feelings from my side. We all work hard for our money and should do our best to be as frugal as possible with it.

Correct they do, though it is through the official sole importer for said brand. And the only way to get that warranty is through the dealer you bought it off. It is then up to the dealer to complete all required RMA paperwork and provide copies of customer receipts to the importer before warranty will be completed.

From the Fenix website:

1. Service Principal

1) Fenix provides easy, reliable, speedy service to all lights under our warranty.

2) Dealers will be responsible for customers. Customers should contact the dealers or distributors from whom they bought Fenix lights for warranty support with Fenixlight Limited’s ‘Warranty Card’ and either a trade invoice or receipt. Fenix will provide our authorized dealers with the technology and parts to service our lights.

The best I can say is that I am doing everything I can to offer genuine prices for products. All my products are brought through official local (for the companies that have sole importers) channels, yes I could probably import from a Chinese 3rd party wholesaler though I feel the extra issues/time involved with warranty for my customers and myself are not worth the hassle.

Unlike most shops I offer free shipping over a certain price, and I do not include that cost in the price for the most part. Unless you are sending thousands of packages a year you can not get access to the Australian post eparcel service for heavily discounted prices. So I need to pay mailing prices that any other Joe would at Australian Post. All products are sent prepaid Austraian Post satchels.

I guess the bottom line is I added the discount code to this site to try and do what I can to help out with local prices for members. Sadly, no I can not compete with the big Chinese stores day in and day out. I understand for some (maybe most) the prices still do not compare, that’s fair enough and I understand the value in trying to save a dollar.

Cheers,

Ben

We’re being rich expecting an Australian business to match a Chinese business for price. One of the most naive ideas I’ve heard.

If everyone goes to this line of thinking, most of us will be out of a job.

Yes, it costs more, but I’d rather be putting a few dollars into a fellow Australian’s pocket. Consider the bigger picture here.

Gday britenite-been waiting for the tk 75 xml2 to be avail locally -order placed.

Hi Old Mate,

Thanks, order has been received and will be out today. Should have it in your hands tomorrow.

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks Ben

Wow- what a great light- got it in under 24 hrs, thanks Brite Nite. Also the sample i received has great led centering, threads and anno, perfect.This is my first Fenix and first triple led light - highly recommended.

Hi all,

With the jolly season quickly coming upon us we are upping the discount code to 10% until the end of December. Just use the code BLF10 at checkout.

We now have limited stock of the new Nitecore HC50 headlamp and Fenix TK51.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

For this product, the price is obviously for a pair of them, right?

While that would be nice, no that is each. They went up in price yesterday due to a supplier price rise.

I am currently researching wholesale suppliers of Panasonic cells.

What brands do most of you prefer buying in the Panasonic cells?

A lot of us like the protected Panasonic NCRB’s (3400 mAh) in button top which can be had for like $16.50 delivered FOR A PAIR, and they are essentially the same as the single battery you sell for $23.95 EACH.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for joining BLF

I sent you an email regarding Brinyte dive lights. I own several dive lights and reviewed a few here in the Dive Light section. Anyways I am getting some of your aussie mates (I don't know how to talk Australian) asking me about recommendations.

I think the Brinyte line of dive lights is pretty descent and they are a budget light manufacture. Some are very bright... better than 90% of typical dive lights (DIV01, DIV05). Some are very robust (e.g. DIV03). And they also have a canister light (e.g. DIV06).

You might consider stocking them especially if you are in a diving area.

see Ali_Brinyte dive lights, Brinyte site

V/R, Michael