Xeno E03

I've had my xeno V2 for a few months now, it's been 100% reliable until I noticed flickering a few weeks ago. It only does it sometimes and its very light flickering and no one has noticed it but me. I'm still using the original switch. I carry the light every single day in my pocket and its been dropped many times and also went swimming a few times... I wouldn't be worried one bit about the reliability of the light, but the flickering appears to be in the switch. I just WD-40'd my switch, and it's not flickering at all now, although I could never get the flickering to replicate anyway... it was just random.

I like the light so much, I bought a spare (V3 this time) about 1.5 months ago and its still new in the box, just as a backup :)

BTW, mine came with a glow in the dark switch boot. I thought the V3's came with black ones??

if you use Eneloops, fine. but if you use 14500's, then dropping will kill your light (see the Xeno E03 thread).

Really? I don't see the thread, you got a link?

I've ran nothing BUT 14500's in my xeno since I bought it like 2-3 months ago.

yea, my v3 came with black... but its suppose to come with a "grow" in the dark boot (lol) , according to HKequipment's ebay description.

here the official BLF thread:

will comment on 14500's later..

I have been like using 14500 TF Flames and IMRs in my 2 Xeno E03 XM-Ls (NW 3C and WW 7B) for the past 6 months!

But of course, nobody is going to tailstand a E03 with a fully charged IMR @ 4.24V for past 2 minutes or so.... It's just common sense. Let it run down a bit or best just medium.

Wheres the best place to get IMR 14500's at? I use TF flames but would really like something higher quality

I'm not sure if it's higher quality...if you do a search most probably me or someone else has done a capacity test.

http://www.bestinone.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

There is a $2 flat shipping/handling fee though.... I can tell you the 18350s are best (search for it)

Anyone know where we can get spare switches from?

I gave my parents my Xeno e03 v3 since its works well as a pocket clicky, and I can better handle the twisty sens aa I have as my alternate pocket light. One thing that really bothers me is the flaky switch, it causes flickering and changes modes too easily. I’ve taken it apart and cleaned it, soaked it with wd-40 etc but to no avail. I gave it to them regardless since it otherwise matches their needs well and still turns on and off ok. Still it bothers me and I would really like to fix it the next time I have a chance. Has anyone found a replacement/alternative switch for it?

Hope no one minds the necro, but they might be coming for a visit soon and this seemed a relevant thread to bring it up since others here have asked about the switch. I have no idea why they used such a lousy switch on an otherwise good light; a real shame, I would really like it despite being largish for 1xaa if it weren’t for that. I bought mine 2011, have they changed the switch since then?

yes the switch has been upgraded,you can contact EDC+ to get a new one.

Thanks, have shot off a pm to see what they can do.

on cpf someone posted poor photos of the original switch (i hated it) and the upgraded switch.

hands down tbh, the new switch doesn't look any different. visually it is "impossible" to discern whether the switch is the new one or the old. similar construction, it looks as ***** and flimsy (no offense because of the masking please) as the old switch.

maybe someone (glenn you there??) could post new comparison pictures and close ups again, this time for us on this forum.

apart from the photos, i never heard anyone actually claiming in words that the "upgraded" switch performs flawlessly now.

i will delete this provocative post if more than 3 owners, i.e. 4 or higher (NO XENO DEALERS! sorry Jason Kim edcplusdotcom, sorry Jason Lau HIDcanadadotcom, sorry Jason Wong sbflashlightsdotcom), claim that the new switch performs 100% faultlessly :P

Ah… glad you posted this. I was about to take it at face value that it fixes the issues (yeah the switch truly is &^@$, ruins the potential greatness of the light). Now I really want to know if anyone can vouch for the “new” switch.

i have 3 xeno e03 ,the new of them are with the old switch never had a problem with any version.

not the best image ,new switch is the white

The above isn’t inspiring much confidence, yes some people never had a problem with the old one but plenty of others did. Most poignantly my own experience is that its complete rubbish.
Looks pretty much the same as the original unless I’m missing something (the the tabs on it are different and its not showing up in the photo?). Anyone else have insight on this, aside from looking to fix mine I’m also making recommendations for floody pocket edc to a friend, xeno e03 would be in the running if the switch is now reliable.

from outside for sure it should look the same or similar (in order to fit) the question is if it has changes inside,which is something will never know unless someone wants to break 2 switches :slight_smile:

a bit better photo
another thing i noticed the new switch needs a bit more power to press it,like the spring is a bit harder.