Xeno E03

i haven't heard of problems with them. maybe you got a bad one, which can certainly happen with things.

My E03 V3 NW also flickers really bad with eneloops, but on 14500 it seems fine. I have taken the switch apart and cleaned it, but no luck.

just wondering, is yours cw, nw or ww?

I'm not sure if you got it retail, but it might be covered by the three year warranty. Worth a shot, at least.

It's a cw model.

I'm not sure if you got it retail, but it might be covered by the three year warranty. Worth a shot, at least.

[/quote]

I did buy it retail. Got it from Taticalhid.

I'm not too worried as I really don't use the light very much. I have a Shiningbeam S-mini which to my eye has similar brightness and it's not that much larger or heavier. I really love the S-mini. Battery life is much longer in the S-mini. One of the things I don't like about the Xeno E03 is the low battery life on 14500 batteries. After I bought the S-mini I really don't use the Xeno any more. I will use it for a loaner if if someone needs to borrow one of my lights.

You can still take it up with tacticalhid as the remedy didn't worked permanently. It could also be due to a lose pill. You need to take the bezel and reflector off and adjust the pill.

Where did you get it? Excellent price :P

Guy and gals, the flickering is due to the tail switch!

I took the tail switch apart and gave the switch a wd-40 bath and it's been perfect ever since. This is the only real issues on these lights.

Wd-40 did the trick on my E03 and two other lights (different brands) that developed contact issues in the tail.

How do you justify your comments regarding CPF? When they have reviews of this calibre.

Partial quote [quote]

[B]Preliminary Observations[/B]

I will come right to point - for $28, I think this light is a steal. I have seen lights twice this price that don't match the build quality or output/runtime characteristics of the Xeno E03. :thumbsup:

Frankly, this light gets it right on just about every measure. The build is outstandingly good for the price. Not just a knock-off, the E03 has some nice specific features (e.g. very good knurling, built-in finger wells, GITD accessories, etc.).

Having the choice of emitter is also great. As previously mentioned, this is the first XP-G R5 Neutral White I've seen (most are R4s). I personally really like the tint on my sample - it uses a 3C tint bin, so it's not quite as warm as the more common 4/5 tint bin Neutrals. But you can also get it in XP-G R5 Cool White (1B) or XP-E Q3 Warm White (7B).

The circuit performance was a very pleasant surprise for the price - on standard batteries, you basically get Fenix current-controlled efficiency, and at generally comparable output levels. :twothumbs And extra bonus - on 14500, you get to keep defined output levels on the E03, albeit at much brighter levels. In contrast, on the Fenix you loose all defined levels on 14500.

I wish more multi-level lights would use this method of output level control (i.e. preferred over the less efficient PWM). Of course, you need to expect some minor tint shifting over the output levels with current-control.

The interface is one area that seems somewhat basic compared to all the other advanced features of the light. Although Med > Lo > Hi is common on consumer-oriented lights, I would personally prefer Lo > Med > Hi with a memory mode. But that wouldn't stop me from recommending this light for the general user. :)

I was originally reticent to accept this light for review, given the "budget" price point. But the E03 certainly proves you can't judge a light by its price. Still, availability and consistency over time (and over multiple batches) can be concerns with lights in the budget class. However, for right now, I consider this current build to be an outstanding value as a general purpose light. :wave: [/quote]

Better look a closer home forbigotry Johny, I don't even beleiveyou even read CPF and just follow along with your CPF bashing breatheren. Apologies to most members who I know don't fit into this group of trolls.

This CPF bigotry reflects badly on BLF.

1) The ass-baiting comment is an inside joke - one which you apparently haven't been here long enough to get.

2) It's spelled 'brethren'

3) Welcome to BLF

He said generally... on budget lights

Also, what Chicago X said (I was sniped). He was just being a smartass baiter. Cue the smart ass pic.

you are brand new here and already representing the elitist, self-righteous forum. is that why you joined? just stay there.

justify asking anyone else how they justify anything on just your second post, crackhead?

HKequipment

(i had the right to claim some partial refund)

The more flashlights I buy, the more I like my Xeno E03!

I always thought my xeno was the only one with the flickering issue... it only does it sometimes and i've taken the switch apart and cleaned it but no luck... I'll try the WD-40 and report back in a few days...

I got my E03 V3 today and I'm really liking it, but I'm a little concerned about the flickering issues reported here. The spare switch looks a bit flimsy, makes me wonder about long term durability.

I've had my xeno V2 for a few months now, it's been 100% reliable until I noticed flickering a few weeks ago. It only does it sometimes and its very light flickering and no one has noticed it but me. I'm still using the original switch. I carry the light every single day in my pocket and its been dropped many times and also went swimming a few times... I wouldn't be worried one bit about the reliability of the light, but the flickering appears to be in the switch. I just WD-40'd my switch, and it's not flickering at all now, although I could never get the flickering to replicate anyway... it was just random.

I like the light so much, I bought a spare (V3 this time) about 1.5 months ago and its still new in the box, just as a backup :)

BTW, mine came with a glow in the dark switch boot. I thought the V3's came with black ones??