Xeno E03

I’m getting the newer type in the mail from HKEquipment (where I bought it). Also, thanks to Jason from EDCplus for answering my questions about it and the gracious offer to help.
Since the option to try the fix was certain I figured I’d better try back at HKEquiptment to see if they were responsive first, wasn’t sure a HK/China store would be willing, and was pleasantly surprised that they replied quickly and were sending a replacement. So kudos to HKE :bigsmile:
Hope it solves the issues for my e03 and I’ll give this an update once I try it and it seems sound (though I won’t be able to give it a long test, unless I hold on to it after the swap).

Mine did too, but I misplaced the spare switch from the original one. They were dirt cheap from EDC+ so I said what the heck, I'll order a couple. I like having spare parts around especially when they're inexpensive..

Glen you have backups for your backups, lol. You are very organized.

Arn, I try :)

+1 Glen

Now if I can only find that lost switch...

:wink:

Just kidding.

Thanks buddy!! I need new glasses!! lol!

my switch on my xm-l v3 bought from wallbuys has stopped working reliably now as well. i guess i’ll have to take it apart, and maybe look for that extra switch i probably have somewhere then.

edit: i found it! but i’m not sure how to take the switch apart! anyone care to explain?

Look under the tailcap, there’s a plastic ring around the spring with 2 small holes in it. This holds the switch and spring in place and is threaded into the tailcap, find something that fits into the holes so you can rotate and unthread this retaining collar. After that comes out everything else should be self explanatory.

BTW, when did you buy yours? Do you know if the failed switch is one of the updated ones or the original type?

thanks! used tweezers to unscrew the plastic ring. changed the switch, but it still didn’t work as it should. so i changed back and took some paper, cleaned the contact areas on the tailcap and rear of the body, and tried to make sure the spring had good contact with the switch. it seemed to work better after that!

i bought it at wallbuys christmas sale 2 months ago, and it has the white switch, which i understand is the newer one?

a bit disappointed, this might still be a budget light, but i thought it would be more reliable than my sk68 clones which it hasn’t been so far.

white switch is the newer one, yes, correct.

thanks for your RL user report by someone who makes actual extended use of the torch!!

Np, thanks for the feedback on it.

Welp, looks like another strike against the e03s switch… sad really, it’s got a nice beam profile and decent output for a compact (though fatter than it needs to be) clicky pocketlight.
Guess I should just get them a 1 mode twist or a twist that starts in high if multimode. The e03 is still usable, but given it’s fiddly and is also larger than necessary (I don’t think they carry it with them often) may as well relegate it to non edc use. Not as ideal, but will probably work out if I give them something reliable and simple to use and just scotch tape the lens to make it floodier (want them to have something to find footing if they’re somewhere dark).

twisties:

• DQG AASS (NightCrawl has it and luvs it ;) )
  • D25A Mini (XP-G S2)

clickies:

• D25A Ti XM-L2 17mm diameter

L3 Illumination L10:

xp-g2 has a brighter hotspot, so yes it looks brighter.

but if you do a ceiling bounce, then xm-l2 is brighter because of the total lumens output.

in small lights i always recommend XP-G2.

only few small lights have xm-l tbh

hello, could I ask would the Xeno for night time general home use be better in Nichia 219 rather than cool / NW?
looking at this for efficiency on an AA, and bright maybe lumens.
considering the E03 Nichia 219 over the cool white/NW if its worth it.
trying to get a pure white beam rather than blue brown.

thanks all appreciated.

I have the older model in XP-G R5 NW and the newer in XM_L2 U2 in cool white, ordered both from EDCPlus.com. Both have very clean (green, blue, purple free tints) white beams. I’m very happy with the light output and light quality. The flashlight itself receives very high marks also from myself.

(I’m pretty new to lights and this forum.)

Just got my Xeno EO3 V3 today. Ordered from hidcanada.com (I’m in Canada) and it came in 2 business days!

So far VERY happy with the light. The box says it’s the XM-L 3C T6 Neutral White. I particularly like that the strobe modes are hidden. My came with a GITD boot and GITD ring in the lens. Pretty cool. :slight_smile: Also came with two spare o-rings, switch, and lanyard. It feels like it’s really well built, unlike some of those dx.com lights I have… No flickering or buzzing or any issues that I’ve noticed. Overall I’m really happy with this light.

The manual was full of translation errors, so it took me a few minutes to figure out how to get into the hidden modes, but I got it.

Running it on a Goalzero LSD AA. (It’s really tough to find cheap eneloops in Canada…)

my flashlight kind of stopped working. i need to apply external pressure around the driver to be sure that it turns on. i’ve just sent an email with a video to xeno, so let’s see how that works out.