XinTD C8 V4 available @ intl-outdoor

there’s that, my light collection is completely dwarfed by my book collection, half of which is stored with my brother as I’d be able to fill twice as many bookcases as I do currently, what can I say, I like to read, tools? I’m an engineer, dont start me on tools….There’s always a need for tools lol

Woooooooooow… totally gonna get this in the next few weeks!! Neutral XM-L2 AND Firefly! BobDAMMIT!

Haha, books are a different matter entirely… I’ve replaced most of mine with electronic copies so I actually can carry my entire collection with me (and read it on my phone, which is more comfortable than it might sound). It’s nice having an entire lifetime worth of books in my purse. The main issue is that the screen isn’t big enough for graphic novels, so I’m limited to text only.

As for the XinTD C8 V4, I’m half tempted to find someone to give my V3 to so I’ll have an excuse to buy the V4. I’ve already gifted lights to almost everyone I know though, and they probably don’t want to deal with Li-Ion batteries.

I added the kindle app and read a few books on it, I just find I prefer the reality of a proper paper or paper and card book.

That and hunting creepy crawlies with a galaxy s3 is nowhere near as effective as hitting something with a lord of the rings trilogy lol

I’ll be happy to accept the v3 :smiley:

It's awesome to read these comments; my V4 hit Singapore Post a few days ago.

latetothepartyFoy

Hi Foy. Did you receive your XinTD V4 yet? Any thoughts? I’m thinking about picking one up myself.

Dusty,

Finally, somebody I can brag about my V4 to . . . Flickr is down (??) so I can't share any pics but, it's been quite a while since a new light has rocked my world the way this thing has. I love everything about it and it's a lot of flashlight for $32. Looks, feels and performs like it cost twice that much.

Very impressed . . .

gushingFoy

This is the exact light I was hoping they would make next, all the perfect updates to an already awesome light, at a killer price.

I’m glad to hear that, because I ordered one on Wednesday. The availability of 4-mode w/moonlight and the C3 tint was too much to resist. I’ll post my impressions after I’ve used it a little.

You should try http://www.imgur.com/ It is a lot better than Flickr. If you register for the site, you can create and maintain albums of photos and it has a ton of options. It also does not require that you go to their site to view images. It allows direct linking.

I bought the XinTD V3 on your recommendation about 6 months ago. I agree the light is awesome for the price. I just wish they would offer the option of a forward clicky switch. That is truly my only gripe with the light. Now that I have gotten more into flashlights, I have found that I vastly prefer forward clicky style switches.

And if you try, you’ll see that swapping the switch for a forward one is really easy
:wink:

How would one go about doing such a thing? I bought a Noctigon XP20 20mm copper MCPCB with an XP-G2 R5 3C already mounted to swap into my V3 as well as some 350mA 7135’s to upgrade the driver to 3.5A or so. Doing a forward clicky mod would turn that thing from a dust collector to a favorite.

Glad you got your XinTD V4, Foy. How long did it take to get it? I ordered on May 8th and it was shipped on May10th. Hopefully I will get it soon.

What do you guys think?
Will the CW version be lot brighter than the NW one?

I honestly doubt you would be able to tell the difference with the naked eye.

sesgum -

Shipping took a bit longer than usual. (28 days) I had originally ordered CW and Hank said only NW were in stock at the time. The funny part is, I thought I had ordered NW and I'm grateful because the tint is one of the things I like best.

Toppel -

Having not compared it to the CW version, I'm still going to guess that you won't be giving up much output and I guarantee you'll prefer the tint.

I have a review, it won't have beam shots until tomorrow night. I have family visiting

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/18861

Foy

Hi Foy, I got mine on 24th, the same day I posted my question to you. Lucky day!
Really like it (NW). I wonder if the CW will be any brighter, since they are in the same T6 bin (T6 1C and T6 3c).
I enjoyed reading your review. Great pictures.

Same bin = same brightness.
NW have higher CRI (better color rendering) too. 75 for NW vs 65 for CW.

With those two options, I would say picking NW should be a pretty easy choice.
Enjoy your light!
:slight_smile:

So, I received one today. XinTD C8 V4 w/ XM-L2 T6 3C neutral white tint. Very nice…

The moon mode is much lower than I expected. It looks like it might be around 0.1lm or 0.2lm instead of the 1.7lm level I was estimating. It looks surprisingly similar to the “0.09lm” level on my L3 L10-219, only with a tighter/brighter hotspot. So, I’m guessing that the driver’s overhead is like 90% or 95% of the power being used at that level. However, I’m totally okay with that — I was actually kind of hoping for a lower ‘moon’ level than I had calculated. This way, it’s actually usable for moon-type purposes instead of being merely “low”. Both the moon mode and low mode will let me use this for things where the older model was simply too bright… though a step in-between would be nice too.

Also, the 18kHz PWM on the new V4 model is finally high enough that I can’t see it unless I try really really hard. Like, I have to flap a white postcard through the beam as fast as my arm will go, and even then the effect is so subtle that I can barely see it while focusing intently. So, definitely high enough to never see it by accident. A similar exercise with a cheap light (SK-68 on medium) produces white stripes 1cm wide and about 6cm apart, or my XinTD V3 shows paper-thin stripes about 1mm to 2mm apart. … and now my arm is sore from waving it around so fervently.

It hasn’t gotten dark yet, but I hope to go out tonight and compare the two lights side-by-side — cool white XM-L U3 at 2800mA vs neutral white XM-L2 T6 at 3040mA. And then the older model will most likely go into my box of future gifts. I have a recipient in mind already, but am not 100% sure yet.

(edit: why is the ‘at’ sign interpreted as markup instead of plain text? … sigh. I can’t say ‘A at 1 vs B at 2’ because it comes out as ‘A @ 1 vs B @ 2’)