XinTD C8 V4 available @ intl-outdoor

It has no disco modes unless you want to have.

its like the two group nanjg, go to low, it dims after 5 seconds, off on, change mode group. I also like that it’s 2.6a, ideal for edc sized hosts, I dont believe anyone could pick the difference between this driver and a 2.8 - 3a nanjg based on visual output.

As for upping the output, I’ve never tried but I’d hazard a guess there are sense resistors to play with.

Thanks Gords. I’ll order one and give it a try in a C8. Nanjg groups arent my preference, but its nice that the disco modes can be silenced. How many of these have you successfully put into service? Do they all work well for you?

Thanks for posting.

four so far, ones been in daily use in my edc for six months ago, in that use the strobe/sos is more my preppers instinct, you never know if you might have a need.

Hence why I have a bad habit of carrying 4+ lights with me on a daily basis, and three different types of spare batteries. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Well, that, and I just really like keeping my toys nearby.

I still have a hard time not bringing my Skyray King with me. I find it’s inconveniently large, but OTOH I like having it around and … you never know when you might need a photon grenade. I think it’ll have to be a winter-only EDC, when I have coat pockets.

The XinTD C8 is also a fun EDC, but once again too large during the summer and not nearly as fun to pull out and surprise people with. It’s probably more practical, just not quite as fun.

I carry the aforementioned edc18650 and my cnqg d5 build for the week, as well as having a 26650 tube light (nanjg driver and another xm-l 4c) and a c8 1a 3 mode I built in my tool box, these are lights that see much use at work, when I get home I swap the d5 for my d4 with blf a8 driver but keep the tube light on me, weekends it depends on what I’m wearing to determine what firepower I’m packing, tbf a 16340 light would be more than enough, I just need to build one….I’m planning on trying out some of the warmer tinted xp-g2’s and a driver with a lower low, just because, other lights are generally chosen and carried for specific tasks or because I want to play. :bigsmile:

Ah, forgot……I now have my xiozhi in my work kit pouch……and my tlf mini02 on my keys, hmmmm, do I need access to six lights at any point in my day to day life? :party:

Do I really need thirteen lights, nine screwdrivers, half a dozen knives, two multitools, a camera, and a laser — no two the same — within easy reach at my desk? Probably not. But it doesn’t hurt anything, and I enjoy it… so I indulge my vices when there’s no good reason not to. I’d totally EDC the entire set if I had a Bag of Holding and a way to keep them from scratching each other.

there’s that, my light collection is completely dwarfed by my book collection, half of which is stored with my brother as I’d be able to fill twice as many bookcases as I do currently, what can I say, I like to read, tools? I’m an engineer, dont start me on tools….There’s always a need for tools lol

Woooooooooow… totally gonna get this in the next few weeks!! Neutral XM-L2 AND Firefly! BobDAMMIT!

Haha, books are a different matter entirely… I’ve replaced most of mine with electronic copies so I actually can carry my entire collection with me (and read it on my phone, which is more comfortable than it might sound). It’s nice having an entire lifetime worth of books in my purse. The main issue is that the screen isn’t big enough for graphic novels, so I’m limited to text only.

As for the XinTD C8 V4, I’m half tempted to find someone to give my V3 to so I’ll have an excuse to buy the V4. I’ve already gifted lights to almost everyone I know though, and they probably don’t want to deal with Li-Ion batteries.

I added the kindle app and read a few books on it, I just find I prefer the reality of a proper paper or paper and card book.

That and hunting creepy crawlies with a galaxy s3 is nowhere near as effective as hitting something with a lord of the rings trilogy lol

I’ll be happy to accept the v3 :smiley:

It's awesome to read these comments; my V4 hit Singapore Post a few days ago.

latetothepartyFoy

Hi Foy. Did you receive your XinTD V4 yet? Any thoughts? I’m thinking about picking one up myself.

Dusty,

Finally, somebody I can brag about my V4 to . . . Flickr is down (??) so I can't share any pics but, it's been quite a while since a new light has rocked my world the way this thing has. I love everything about it and it's a lot of flashlight for $32. Looks, feels and performs like it cost twice that much.

Very impressed . . .

gushingFoy

This is the exact light I was hoping they would make next, all the perfect updates to an already awesome light, at a killer price.

I’m glad to hear that, because I ordered one on Wednesday. The availability of 4-mode w/moonlight and the C3 tint was too much to resist. I’ll post my impressions after I’ve used it a little.

You should try http://www.imgur.com/ It is a lot better than Flickr. If you register for the site, you can create and maintain albums of photos and it has a ton of options. It also does not require that you go to their site to view images. It allows direct linking.

I bought the XinTD V3 on your recommendation about 6 months ago. I agree the light is awesome for the price. I just wish they would offer the option of a forward clicky switch. That is truly my only gripe with the light. Now that I have gotten more into flashlights, I have found that I vastly prefer forward clicky style switches.

And if you try, you’ll see that swapping the switch for a forward one is really easy
:wink: