XinTD C8 V4 available @ intl-outdoor

How would one go about doing such a thing? I bought a Noctigon XP20 20mm copper MCPCB with an XP-G2 R5 3C already mounted to swap into my V3 as well as some 350mA 7135’s to upgrade the driver to 3.5A or so. Doing a forward clicky mod would turn that thing from a dust collector to a favorite.

Glad you got your XinTD V4, Foy. How long did it take to get it? I ordered on May 8th and it was shipped on May10th. Hopefully I will get it soon.

What do you guys think?
Will the CW version be lot brighter than the NW one?

I honestly doubt you would be able to tell the difference with the naked eye.

sesgum -

Shipping took a bit longer than usual. (28 days) I had originally ordered CW and Hank said only NW were in stock at the time. The funny part is, I thought I had ordered NW and I'm grateful because the tint is one of the things I like best.

Toppel -

Having not compared it to the CW version, I'm still going to guess that you won't be giving up much output and I guarantee you'll prefer the tint.

I have a review, it won't have beam shots until tomorrow night. I have family visiting

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/18861

Foy

Hi Foy, I got mine on 24th, the same day I posted my question to you. Lucky day!
Really like it (NW). I wonder if the CW will be any brighter, since they are in the same T6 bin (T6 1C and T6 3c).
I enjoyed reading your review. Great pictures.

Same bin = same brightness.
NW have higher CRI (better color rendering) too. 75 for NW vs 65 for CW.

With those two options, I would say picking NW should be a pretty easy choice.
Enjoy your light!
:slight_smile:

So, I received one today. XinTD C8 V4 w/ XM-L2 T6 3C neutral white tint. Very nice…

The moon mode is much lower than I expected. It looks like it might be around 0.1lm or 0.2lm instead of the 1.7lm level I was estimating. It looks surprisingly similar to the “0.09lm” level on my L3 L10-219, only with a tighter/brighter hotspot. So, I’m guessing that the driver’s overhead is like 90% or 95% of the power being used at that level. However, I’m totally okay with that — I was actually kind of hoping for a lower ‘moon’ level than I had calculated. This way, it’s actually usable for moon-type purposes instead of being merely “low”. Both the moon mode and low mode will let me use this for things where the older model was simply too bright… though a step in-between would be nice too.

Also, the 18kHz PWM on the new V4 model is finally high enough that I can’t see it unless I try really really hard. Like, I have to flap a white postcard through the beam as fast as my arm will go, and even then the effect is so subtle that I can barely see it while focusing intently. So, definitely high enough to never see it by accident. A similar exercise with a cheap light (SK-68 on medium) produces white stripes 1cm wide and about 6cm apart, or my XinTD V3 shows paper-thin stripes about 1mm to 2mm apart. … and now my arm is sore from waving it around so fervently.

It hasn’t gotten dark yet, but I hope to go out tonight and compare the two lights side-by-side — cool white XM-L U3 at 2800mA vs neutral white XM-L2 T6 at 3040mA. And then the older model will most likely go into my box of future gifts. I have a recipient in mind already, but am not 100% sure yet.

(edit: why is the ‘at’ sign interpreted as markup instead of plain text? … sigh. I can’t say ‘A at 1 vs B at 2’ because it comes out as ‘A @ 1 vs B @ 2’)