XM-L - Which light drives it the hardest?

Aloha and welcome to BLF fonzeka!

[/quote]

Awww shucks....you shouldn't... (make it a stout) :beer: :bigsmile: :beer:

[/quote]

Beer is well deserved! thanks!

I have a XM-L T5 that I cannot get beyond the 3.4A on one 18650 battery (DD)

Thanks guys and yes I wont be trying that again. With a fresh battery I also get around 3.4A due to the voltage sag.

It's really more than enough but I think it's perfect as a short term show off mode

Im using hi-max myself. :)

yea i would say not all KD XM-L drop ins are the same

best i could pull from the KD drop in i bought off another member was 1.6 amps high.

this was off a 4.2V fully charged trustfire (flame). one that was tested to produce 2.6-2.8 amps on the shiningbeam drivers no problem.

i do not like these trustfire batteries as much as most people. problem is i dont have the money to replace mine yet. after reading tests im gonna try the tenergy ones.

I ordered the Manafont dropin back in Nov. I have been using it for a while now in a Solarforce L2 . When I first got the dropin I was using an old 18650 and I wasn't at all happy with the output or tint . I then ordered a Solarforce 18650 and when I tried that new battery - WOW - NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT !

The tint and beam are MUCH improved and the light is perfect for my bike in medium mode .

All that being said , I just ordered an OP reflector for the dropin because I just can't get used to the shallow donut hole in the SMO beam . I think that the OP reflector will be the final touch to make this light great .