XM-L2 U3 available at IOS ~ The real McCoy

I’ll post the findings once I get a chance to check it.

The only thing I’m sure about about Dale is that I no longer mod flashlights socially, only on weekends, or when it’s a special occasion.

I no longer recognise emitters unless they are on copper.
Cells that aren’t high drain and IMR are no longer visible to me.
Every flashlight I own is either resistor modded or direct driven, and while I see multiple conversations about something they call “moonlight” mode, they become difficult to read after having just “sunlight” mode myself in the face.

If I wanted a moonlight mode, I’d just buy an average flashlight and turn it on high 0:)

So yeah, Hi everyone my name is Paul, and what I’ve noticed about our weekly meetings is how bright this room always seems to be :bigsmile:

:slight_smile:

Well said!

hehe Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Hunters need moonlight though :slight_smile:

I dedomed the U3 1A last night and put the U2 1A dedome in the same light off the sink as a test. To tell you the truth the U2 1A seems brighter on the DD- but that’s not with a sink on it. Think more the tints are different. The U3 seems a bit more on the cool white side and the U2 seemed a bit higher maybe. They definitely weren’t the same tint though least with that one emitter. I definitely liked the U3 tint. I’m still going to stick the U3 in the light- it has the modes I want to send these guys for testing.

The wire basically is 18 gauge strait from the battery. And wired the GND directly to the Source on the fet with 18. So it’s getting all the battery can give. I like the U3 if that’s what color I’m going to get on a thrower. I know it varies though through dedomes a bit. I don’t use gas, take it off with heat and a xacto knife, toothpicks