XP-G2 driver advice needed. KD 7135 V2 vs NANJG 105C

Hi.
I have two driver boards.
KD 7135 V2 1520 mA Review: KD 7135 V2 drivers 3040/2280/1520 mA with mode configuration
NANJG 105C
Which will be better for P60 XP-G2 module? I can remove some 7135’s from 105C to get proper current.
Thanks, Mike

Both are fine, its all a matter of the modes you want.

KD V2 will have a lower low and has no memory. Nanjg 105C has memory and a higher low.

They're mainly the same, i.e. equivalent hardware; they have different UI options though, so you can pick the one with the modes you prefer.

Alternatively you can ask here (*cough*) for a NANJG105C with custom UI, but that's more expensive.

Edit: Ah, NightCrawl was faster...

Mike

The KD V2 lets you select whether or not you want to have memory.

-Garry

Yeah, but KD V2 memory sucks. :D

Also, if possible, get a DrJones driver. ;)

I have a nanjg 105c in my XM-L zoomie and have configured it for 3 modes. But I’m finding the mode memory troublesome.

Mode memory stores fine after 2 seconds or so, and it will switch back on in the mode I left it in. BUT if I leave the light for a couple of minutes then turn it back on, it goes to next mode.

Seems pointless having a mode memory if it only works for a short time. I though it was supposed to swithc back on in the remembered mode regardless on the elapsed time ?

Perhaps I just got a bad driver.

On a positive not, performance wise, the 105c really works well to maintain a constant brightness, this I do like.

Spasmod: Memory kicks in depending how long the light was ON the last time, and it doesn't matter how long it was off in between.

So if you have your light on for <2s, then switch off, then after an hour (doesn't matter) switch on again, it'll change modes.

If you use the light >2s, then switch off, then later on again, it'll use the same mode.

It's the same for the KD V2 and for the NANJG105C.

Yeah that’s what mine doesn’t do. If I switch it on for 30s - switch it off then switch it on an hour later, it still changes modes.

Oh… Ok, that’s strange indeed then.

One thing that bugs me about the 105c is the buzzing, noticeable low PWM on low and medium modes.

Maybe I have virgin ears or something but it’s annoying.

Buzzing is usually the result of bad contact.

Mike - also not sure if you are also asking what amps to run it at - 1.5A vs 2.8A. 2.8A is on the high side for an XP-G2. Match's tests show where the XP-G2 peeks out - I think 2.45A would do well, and 2.8A may be over the top, not sure though - check Match's emitter tests for sure.

I wrote, that I can remove some 7135 to match current.
Anyway pill is built with KD driver, bright as hell in Solarforce M3 reflector.
Mike

Cool! I put an XG-G2 and a 1 mode regulated driver @2.45A in a G10 - it's incredible for such a small light.