Yezl Y3 - a picture breakdown

What throw numbers are you guys getting with your Yezl Y3?

User Battery Driver Spring driver Spring tail LED MCPCB Wires max throw #
ChibiM 26650 stock, added R100 bypassed bypassed stock XM-L2, Maxtoch 26mm, 22AWG 101750
2x26650 "" "" "" 139750
Samsung 25R "" "" "" 103250

if you like, you can copy this table, and add your data

measured at what distance?

At 5 meters. usually my numbers are close to specs of the manufacturers. So I really don't think it's my meter.

Btw, did you use the led from the Y3? Cause its no more than t6 - 227lm at 700ma, maybe t5….( this i measured from the last year versions, now i swap them as they came)
If not…wierd….maybe you should try on the LD 1 driver

With LD1 and U2 1A dedomed it beats Olight M2X UT in either throw or driver interface

I tried Mt G2 mod but i dont like it, a good Skyray King 4x XML2 for 32$ is a better option…maybe for guys who dont like short flashlights it would be better, yes

And the led is dedomed., forgot to add that.

Yeah, is it the default emitter or? ANy sillicone residue left? I dont dedome with gasoline anymore, only the hot 2.5amp method

Any thoughts on putting the XHP50 in the Yezl Y3? My Y3's been collecting dust, unfinished, and I've been debating swapping in the XHP50 or MT-G2 with the stock driver.

Hi, stock XML2, hot dedomed. Yes, some silicone left, but only around the bond wires. Nothing on top of the emitting area.

What numbers are you getting?

Why not an XHP70? I have a XHP70 in my Y3 and a zener 105C with star dual switch firmware. The only bad thing is the donut hole from the emitter.

Hmm I haven't ruled out the XHP70, but I was thinking the XHP50 might still produce good throw, similar to the XM-L2. Also, it'd be driven pretty conservatively with the stock driver, afaik.

Do you have any beamshots with the XHP70? I'd really appreciate it.

At 1m ( i usualy measure them at 1m) i got 134k with Olight M2X UT and 152k with the modded Y3( U3 1A from IOS) running at 4.2apm( approx, battery isnt fully charged)

1 battery?

Ok, so I can live with my results, although noticeably lower, still just above the 10kcd. Wonder what other guys get.. I think I've read people crossing the 20kcd or even 30kcd, which I actually really doubt!!!

How did you center the led? Mine looks slightly off-center.

Yeah, i dont like 2 battery Y3s- way too long for my needs and taste- actualy i use it frequently with my heavy rifle
Try U3 1A out m8, when hot dedomed its at least 600-700k above the default Y3 dedomed emitter and more productive ofc

Hornestly, centering was and issue, but made a brass retaining ring, otherwise even if centered the rifle recoil could offcenter it…i have to make more of those, many friends like Y3 here, and i order it often

You mean 200k mcd? This one has to be seen…200k….not with a XML2 at least, maybe badly overdriven XPG2 ? Yet, after 800 meters even my rifle optics cant handle it, why would someone need that anyway?

Y3 and EE X6 are my favourite BLF discoveries :slight_smile:

Oops yes, 200kcd. Why I need it? I like numbers, isn't that all we are talking about? Higher number the better. ;)

Although I don't think you'll see much difference for most applications, between 150kcd and 200kcd. But we are talking numbers, so I would like to be in the same league as others, that's all ;)

Actualy on some cd-lux-meters it could be 200k, cause at 1m mine is showing Olight M2X UT as 134k, and they claim 166k, so 200k could be achieved with great centering and 5.5amp emitter
Yet, 300k…i think thats impossible

Yeah, but numbers aint everything you know, i prefect that lovely LD1 interface and effectiveness for 50k more when driven with BLF17DD( for instance)

numbers and codes that is.. we love using numbers here

Here is a quick one, excuse the crappy quality but it still illustrates the problem with the donut hole. This is at 5 meters and in the low setting. Otherwise it would be to bright for the camera.
It is also noticable outside. If you move the beam around you notice the dark spot in the hotspot.

Does it get any better if the reflector is spaced further away from the led?

No idea, I have not tested that. But I think that it is better if the led is further IN the reflector.
So I’m waiting for 26mm Maxtoch boards for XHP70s (if they will make them I don’t know), than I can bring the reflector down on the board without touching the soldering pads.

Thanks for the pic, finges. The doughnut hole is worse than I expected. I guess I'll be going with the MT-G2 and stock driver. The sale at IOS helped seal the deal. Originally had plans for an XM-L2 and driver replacement, but I'm honestly not motivated enough to mod the driver.